Week 2 games

Hog hunter

1 minute ago, ExplorerHomer said:

Columbus v NW on Friday (Traz)

Welcome to the board Explorer... Do you think your boys stand a chance with MNW.. I know last year game came down to the wire in a classic game but y'all a lil down this year imo... Can you give some info???

List of games: http://footballhotbed.com/2017/08/south-florida-high-school-football-score-board-week-two/

The Chaminade/Miramar game should be a good one. Also Norland/Apopka. And Liberty out of Nevada playing AHP. Seems like Liberty is the 2nd best team in Nevada.

My tentative schedule for this weekend is Western/Dillard on Friday and Mater/Reagan on Saturday.

Thursday, August 31st
Miami Jackson at Hialeah-Miami Lakes, 4pm
Flanagan at Palm Beach Oxbridge Academy, 7pm
Miami High vs. Dr. Krop, 7pm (Ives Estates Park)
Hialeah Gardens vs. Coral Park, 7pm (Tropical Park)
Coral Reef vs. North Miami Beach, 7pm (FIU North)
Varela vs. Miami Beach, 7pm (Memorial Stadium)
Hallandale at Hollywood Hills, 7pm
Westland Hialeah vs. Goleman, 7pm (Milander)
Booker T. Washington vs. Miami Central, 7pm (Traz Powell)

Friday, September 1st
Miami Edison at Coral Gables, 4pm
Keys Gate Charter at Westminster Christian, 4pm
Gulliver Prep at Belen Jesuit, 4pm
Archbishop McCarthy at University School, 7pm
Palmer Trinity at Ransom Everglades, 7pm
The King’s Academy (Fl.) at Westminster Academy, 7pm
Boyd Anderson at Boynton Beach, 7pm
Douglas at South Broward, 7pm
Benjamin (Fl.) at North Broward Prep, 7pm
Somerset Academy Pines at Boca Raton Christian, 7pm
Monarch at Coconut Creek, 7pm
Miami Palmetto at Naples (Fl.), 7pm
Oakland Park Northeast at Fort Lauderdale, 7pm
Everglades Prep at Marathon, 7pm
Piper at St. Thomas Aquinas, 7pm
Hialeah at Naples Gulf Coast, 7pm
Pine Crest at Key West, 7pm
Delray Beach American Heritage at Cardinal Gibbons, 7pm
Cooper City at Lakeland (Fl.), 7pm
Coral Glades vs. West Broward, 7pm (Flanagan)
Coral Springs Charter at Taravella, 7pm
Chaminade-Madonna at Miramar, 7pm
Blanche Ely vs. Plantation, 7pm (PAL Field)
South Miami at Doral Academy, 7pm
Western at Dillard, 7pm
Nova at South Plantation, 7pm
Barringer (N.J.) vs. Champagnat, 7pm (Monsignor Pace)
Norland at Apopka (Fl.), 7pm
Monsignor Pace at Clewiston (Fl.), 7:30pm
Calvary Christian at LaSalle, 7:30pm
Southridge vs. North Miami, 7:30pm (FIU North)
Killian vs. American, 7:30pm (Milander)
Miami Springs vs. Sunset, 7:30pm (Tropical Park)
South Dade vs. Southwest, 7:30pm (Harris)
Columbus vs. Northwestern, 7:30pm (Traz Powell)
Liberty (Nv.) at Plantation American Heritage, 7:30pm

Saturday, September 2nd
Deerfield Beach at St. Joseph Regional (N.J.), 1pm
Coral Springs at Cypress Bay, 7pm
Mater Academy vs. Ronald Reagan, 7pm (Milander)

Bet that up DB4

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

Welcome to the board Explorer... Do you think your boys stand a chance with MNW.. I know last year game came down to the wire in a classic game but y'all a lil down this year imo... Can you give some info???

Thanks, Zoe.

right now, hard to say as the last two opponents Columbus faced haven't shown much. I do know that we do have some talented players at some key positions, but here is NO depth that I can see.

if I were a betting man, I'd go with NW especially at the Traz. That said you know Columbus is a very disciplined team and well coached. But I think MNW this year reminds me of the Bulls of old. 

The qb is young but has an arm and can scramble a bit. He also has a couple nice targets (#2 Norris has some soft hands), and some speedsters (little Henderson and Harrel). The Dbs can hold their own, although definitely not close to shut down like cj, Jobe and Bandy were. 

My opinion - its like FSU / bama this weekend, o-line needs to give the QB some time or it could get ugly.

1 minute ago, ExplorerHomer said:

Thanks, Zoe.

right now, hard to say as the last two opponents Columbus faced haven't shown much. I do know that we do have some talented players at some key positions, but here is NO depth that I can see.

if I were a betting man, I'd go with NW especially at the Traz. That said you know Columbus is a very disciplined team and well coached. But I think MNW this year reminds me of the Bulls of old. 

The qb is young but has an arm and can scramble a bit. He also has a couple nice targets (#2 Norris has some soft hands), and some speedsters (little Henderson and Harrel). The Dbs can hold their own, although definitely not close to shut down like cj, Jobe and Bandy were. 

My opinion - its like FSU / bama this weekend, o-line needs to give the QB some time or it could get ugly.

Good insight!!! Like I said welcome to the board and continue posting !! 

4 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

I think that Norland vs Apopka game will be good too but man I don't know if Norland gonna be ready to stop that offense that kills me lol... Darter???

I think this game could be a shootout. It usually takes a couple of games against Apopka to figure out RD's version of the Single Wing. The only first time team I saw defend it well was South Dade back in 2013. 

That said, Norland clearly has a good offense or it would not have gotten back in the game against Jones, even if Jones did have many backups in when they made their run to tie it. 

I am actually hoping the Norland bus driver gets lost looking for Apopka High (It is not on a main road), and does not get there till 6:45 or later leaving little time to warm up. That may be the only thing that will save us!:D

24 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I think this game could be a shootout. It usually takes a couple of games against Apopka to figure out RD's version of the Single Wing. The only first time team I saw defend it well was South Dade back in 2013. 

That said, Norland clearly has a good offense or it would not have gotten back in the game against Jones, even if Jones did have many backups in when they made their run to tie it. 

I am actually hoping the Norland bus driver gets lost looking for Apopka High (It is not on a main road), and does not get there till 6:45 or later leaving little time to warm up. That may be the only thing that will save us!:D

Well we did do well the second time around ;)

23 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

lol it's not hard to find Apopka off the turnpike but Miami teams don't often see that type of offense so will see.. Norland is loaded on defense but with all those misdirection plays...

2 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

lol it's not hard to find Apopka off the turnpike but Miami teams don't often see that type of offense so will see.. Norland is loaded on defense but with all those misdirection plays...

It helps if you have experience playing it,  if you never seen the offense Its almost impossible to slow down, it normally takes advantage of players getting frustrated and not sticking to the assignments and when apopka gets rolling they tough to stop,  if a defense keeps focus on the assignments and doesn't get frustrated it becomes easiee to manage

I think we did better last year just simply because we had tape from past year and our coaches knew the second time around how to attack it

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

You gotta be very disciplined to stop it. RD, at all times, tries to create safe running lanes for his backs by having more players at the point of attack, sealing the edge, and having a convoy of players lead the way (we have a big, experienced OL, and a blocking back built like a tank). So, if the running backs are disciplined and follow their blockers they usually have a lot of grass in front of them. 

And if you stack the box too tightly, both of the players taking the snaps this year (we have no true QB), are capable of throwing it a bit. If Norland is as advertised, I expect the winner will have to score at least 35.