Vero Beach beats Lincoln 35-7

Floridatechfootball

22 minutes ago, roygod said:

You might want to look at Nick Celidonio (Vero QB) highlights which are posted on Twitter right now before you make any hasty judgements.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5514504/59d12180bd74af0f80e59d0e

I have seen six of Vero's games on Youtube. I think Nick is a good high school QB, very capable of leading his team deep in the playoffs. I don't think he is elite. If he proves me wrong, I say more power to him. My comments were not meant to diminish Nick in any sense. Just offering an opinion based on seeing a lot of high school QBs over the years. 

On 10/23/2017 at 9:12 AM, roygod said:

I don't consider beating Viera, Oscar Smith and Pahokee a light schedule ! And last year Vero went to the regional finals. This is his 5th year at Vero and the last 4 years his team has gone undefeated in their regular season. You have to keep in mind that Vero Beach is not a city, it is just a sleepy beach town that loves football. He has pulled the talents out of all his players and turned them into a great team each and every year he's been here. I'm quite sure this year he's going to get the recognition he deserves!

Maaannn them schedules be weak THATS WHY THEY GO UNDEFEATED wooooow they finally went to the third round of playoffs since 2002 why because they beat Treasure Coast at home a team that beat Osceola because  of turnovers 

5 hours ago, FloTech said:

Maaannn them schedules be weak THATS WHY THEY GO UNDEFEATED wooooow they finally went to the third round of playoffs since 2002 why because they beat Treasure Coast at home a team that beat Osceola because  of turnovers 

I don't know what your point is, but we didn't just beat Treasure coast, we shut them out 35-0. That was right after they beat the number one team in Region 2 Osceola. Also as of now we still have the highest point total in the state for a tough schedule.  Our so called weak schedule includes:

Vierra                           7A state power

Oscar Smith                Virginia state power

Pahokee                       Small school state power

Dr. Krop Miami            always a tough Miami team

Fort Pierce Central     has been one of the strongest teams in the past

Fort Lauderdale           very tough schedule

Wellington                     won their first four games before losses

Treasure Coast            beat Osceola last year in playoffs

Olympic Heights          beat Dwyer this season

Sebastian River            in the playoffs last season

PSL Centennial           won their first 4 games

I really don't see any weak schedule here, actually its a very strong schedule.

35 minutes ago, roygod said:

I don't know what your point is, but we didn't just beat Treasure coast, we shut them out 35-0. That was right after they beat the number one team in Region 2 Osceola. Our weak schedule includes:

Wellington lost starting QB for season

48 minutes ago, roygod said:

I don't know what your point is, but we didn't just beat Treasure coast, we shut them out 35-0. That was right after they beat the number one team in Region 2 Osceola. Our weak schedule includes:

Quality not quantity and I don't know who y'all played or who y'all beat

20 hours ago, roygod said:

I don't know what your point is, but we didn't just beat Treasure coast, we shut them out 35-0. That was right after they beat the number one team in Region 2 Osceola. Also as of now we still have the highest point total in the state for a tough schedule.  Our so called weak schedule includes:

AHP

STA

MNW

MC

CC

Columbus

Miramar

Deerfield 

Chaminade

Try those teams then Vero can say shit 

1 hour ago, FloTech said:

AHP

STA

MNW

MC

CC

Columbus

Miramar

Deerfield 

Chaminade

Try those teams then Vero can say shit 

Kinda like saying you shouldn’t be the champion in ncaa unless you play Alabama! Cmon man this is a public school you talking about that doesn’t have the money to travel around and play these schools...also you have a conference so there goes games right there...the playoffs are the measuring stick in high school football so they have to show there mettle then not in who the schedule in regular season

7 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Kinda like saying you shouldn’t be the champion in ncaa unless you play Alabama! Cmon man this is a public school you talking about that doesn’t have the money to travel around and play these schools...also you have a conference so there goes games right there...the playoffs are the measuring stick in high school football so they have to show there mettle then not in who the schedule in regular season

Vero got all kinds of money this is a rich community we live in they just went out the Effin state these teams I named are IN STATE all these teams I named would run Oscar Smith over

1 minute ago, FloTech said:

Vero got all kinds of money this is a rich community we live in they just went out the Effin state these teams I named are IN STATE all these teams I named would run Oscar Smith over

1 minute ago, FloTech said:

First off vero is a public school! It took over a year of fundraising to accomplish that trip alone! You may not be aware but school board approves the sports schedule of both vero and Sebastian during offseason that’s why in the 90s even vero convinced private big name schools and public to travel to vero! And since you seem to follow vero let me say I think the harder scheduling is step in right direction for vero and coach J has personally stated he doesn’t wanna schedule opponents that he may see in the playoffs so that eliminates most 8a powerhouses...also there was discussion with cocoa at least preliminary to get them on schedule in future as well as veira in a regular season game

16 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

First off vero is a public school! It took over a year of fundraising to accomplish that trip alone! You may not be aware but school board approves the sports schedule of both vero and Sebastian during offseason that’s why in the 90s even vero convinced private big name schools and public to travel to vero! And since you seem to follow vero let me say I think the harder scheduling is step in right direction for vero and coach J has personally stated he doesn’t wanna schedule opponents that he may see in the playoffs so that eliminates most 8a powerhouses...also there was discussion with cocoa at least preliminary to get them on schedule in future as well as veira in a regular season game

I personally would like a revival of Columbia vs Vero

Had few good games in 90s, would help both sides, even if for just a kickoff classic 

45 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

You must not live here a lot of rich white folks money go to this school 

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nope

This is one of the flaws in the FHSAA point system. Vero had to cancel two games because of the hurricane and two weeks before because of heavy thunderstorms. Dr. Krop Miami rescheduled for this coming Monday, but Fort Lauderdale could not find a open date to reschedule Vero. So now we had to get a new team on schedule so we could get our game count up. Thus Lincoln had a open date and said they would play us. But now we loose out because we don't get any points for  this game because it wasn't on the original schedule and that's a big problem for all schools. The irony of this is we are still the top point getter in 8A right now. This Friday we play Fort Pierce Central for the District Championship. They are usually a state powerhouse, but not this year. So I expect our home field state run will begin !!!!

7 minutes ago, roygod said:

This is one of the flaws in the FHSAA point system. Vero had to cancel two games because of the hurricane and two weeks before because of heavy thunderstorms. Dr. Krop Miami rescheduled for this coming Monday, but Fort Lauderdale could not find a open date to reschedule Vero. So now we had to get a new team on schedule so we could get our game count up. Thus Lincoln had a open date and said they would play us. But now we loose out because we don't get any points for  this game because it wasn't on the original schedule and that's a big problem for all schools. The irony of this is we are still the top point getter in 8A right now. This Friday we play Fort Pierce Central for the District Championship. They are usually a state powerhouse, but not this year. So I expect our home field state run will begin !!!!

It is also a change that can be made in off season 

8 minutes ago, roygod said:

Lincoln would have made you lose points

19 minutes ago, badbird said:

Lincoln would have made you lose points

He's right, to make it fair to everyone, they are averaging the points based upon 7 games played currently due to the hurricane, a Lincoln win would have negatively hurt the average due to their record this year.

Here is Vero's issue going forward: the Oscar Smith and Pahokee games are keeping their average high, but potential wins against Ft Pierce Central (2-4) Dr Krop (3-4) and Sebastian (3-4) to close out the season are going to lower the average. If some of the previous opponents win it will help, but Pahokee potentially losing to Cocoa Friday will lower the points accumulated for the win against them. Also point increasing/decreasing for wins against Centennial and Treasure coast will cancel each other out as they play each other Friday.

What Vero really needs is for Wellington and Olympic Heights to win their final games, but I doubt that will happen as Wellington has a bye and then a currently 6-1 Atlantic team to close out the season. Olympic Heights will probably win their final two games against Royal Palm and Santaluces, which will help.

I think Osceola overtakes Vero in the points this week as they play a 5-2 George Jenkins team and close out the regular season against a currently 3-5 Lake Brantley. 

30 minutes ago, Drogo said:

He's right, to make it fair to everyone, they are averaging the points based upon 7 games played currently due to the hurricane, a Lincoln win would have negatively hurt the average due to their record this year.

Here is Vero's issue going forward: the Oscar Smith and Pahokee games are keeping their average high, but potential wins against Ft Pierce Central (2-4) Dr Krop (3-4) and Sebastian (3-4) to close out the season are going to lower the average. If some of the previous opponents win it will help, but Pahokee potentially losing to Cocoa Friday will lower the points accumulated for the win against them. Also point increasing/decreasing for wins against Centennial and Treasure coast will cancel each other out as they play each other Friday.

What Vero really needs is for Wellington and Olympic Heights to win their final games, but I doubt that will happen as Wellington has a bye and then a currently 6-1 Atlantic team to close out the season. Olympic Heights will probably win their final two games against Royal Palm and Santaluces, which will help.

I think Osceola overtakes Vero in the points this week as they play a 5-2 George Jenkins team and close out the regular season against a currently 3-5 Lake Brantley. 

Very good analysis. Your right on. I just hope your wrong.

Vero fans like their games to be played on their home field. We are a spoiled bunch and I believe we are the only team that sells season ticket seats in high school, which is the reason we have had weaker schedules in the past. Vero actually pays teams to play on our home field. But things are changing now that Coach J is here !!!

Osceola will over take Vero if they both win out.  it will be close but Osceola will have a slight edge.  There are about 6 games that are swing games and Vero will need most to go in there favor.  Cocoa vs Pahokee is big for Vero.  Vero will win out.  Osceola will have their hands full with Lake Brantley.  If both win out Vero will have between 41.1 and 43.3.  If Osceola wins out they will have between 42.9 and 45.4.  I project Vero with 42.8 and Osceola 43.1