Ely@Pahokee

561_Fan

5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If good private schools like STA and Gibbons opened up in inner city Miami and kids could go there, I predict that Northwestern and Central would experience the same as Dillard and Ely.  I don't think the kids there are any more loyal.  It comes down to options.

I believe u bro 

7 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If good private schools like STA and Gibbons opened up in inner city Miami and kids could go there, I predict that Northwestern and Central would experience the same as Dillard and Ely.  I don't think the kids there are any more loyal.  It comes down to options.

I don’t know the decade you are seeing this scenario as but: 

Are you aware most of the talent in Dade is not in “inner city” Miami?

Look W/NW from downtown if you wanted to ideally build another private power. Perhaps by Dolphin Stadium might be a ideal spot

Are you aware that there has probably been more talent from the Ely area that has been going to Deerfield Beach (and other public schools ) of late versus STA and Cardinal Gibbons?

Now Cardinal Gibbons surely used to get a lot of Ely kids in recent years (and still do) but of late Cardinal Gibbons roster has a lot more kids coming in from the Coral Springs/Parkland /Tamarac area than “inner city “ areas. 

As to STA they get kids from all over but probably have more kids on their roster from suburban Southwest Ranches and Davie versus Dillard and the “inner city” Dillard area. This concept that the STA roster has all of these Dillard zoned players is exaggerated and flat out inaccurate. At least in 2018.

So in the end I guess their are kids that are technically “not loyal “all over. 

I’m not taking a side or opinion on the matter, just presenting some information.

There's already a pretty good private school in the relative Miami Gardens area (Monsignor Pace) and they're not poaching from the Carol Citys and Northwesterns of the County like that. I mean they're a solid team but not major players.

And it's not like Columbus takes away all of the major players from the southern half of the county either.

27 minutes ago, DB4 said:

There's already a pretty good private school in the relative Miami Gardens area (Monsignor Pace) and they're not poaching from the Carol Citys and Northwesterns of the County like that. I mean they're a solid team but not major players.

And it's not like Columbus takes away all of the major players from the southern half of the county either.

Let's assume the private schools don't actively poach and this is simply a matter of parent/student choice where they go.  Public schools in Dade and Broward are pretty bad from an academic standpoint. 

If given the opportunity, would think many parents would like their kid going to a private school with "A" academic rating and high college acceptance rates than an intensely segregated school with "C" academic rating. 

Am not sure why, but schools like Central and NW are able to maintain a critical mass of talent, while Dillard and Ely are not.  Seems like more than coincidence and that options to attend the private schools in Dade may not be as plentiful as in Broward.

Last night I was looking at a kid who played at Ely last year and now he is at Chaminade.  Based on where he lives, he is not the typical candidate to be able to afford to go to a private school.

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Let's assume the private schools don't actively poach and this is simply a matter of parent/student choice where they go.  Public schools in Dade and Broward are pretty bad from an academic standpoint. 

If given the opportunity, would think many parents would like their kid going to a private school with "A" academic rating and high college acceptance rates than an intensely segregated school with "C" academic rating. 

Am not sure why, but schools like Central and NW are able to maintain a critical mass of talent, while Dillard and Ely are not.  Seems like more than coincidence and that options to attend the private schools in Dade may not be as plentiful as in Broward.

Last night I was looking at a kid who played at Ely last year and now he is at Chaminade.  Based on where he lives, he is not the typical candidate to be able to afford to go to a private school.

One of the reasons is NW Dade and the Miami Gardens area is significantly more talent loaded then the Dillard/Ely area ( which are really near one another anyway in the first place). Flat out way more developed  players coming up from the youth leagues.

Are you aware that most of Dillard’s talent of late were actually inbound transfers?

Again, the concept of the Dillard area being some Mecca of football talent has tapered out over the years. 

Kids also naturally want to win. Something 16-6A has been pretty good at.

Just food for thought.

Sincerely, 

11 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

One of the reasons is NW Dade and the Miami Gardens area is significantly more talent loaded then the Dillard/Ely area ( which are really near one another anyway in the first place). Flat out way more developed  players coming up from the youth leagues.

Are you aware that most of Dillard’s talent of late were actually inbound transfers?

Again, the concept of the Dillard area being some Mecca of football talent has tapered out over the years. 

Kids also naturally want to win. Something 16-6A has been pretty good at.

Just food for thought.

Sincerely, 

As you know, Dillard and Ely were powerhouses between the 80's until about 15 years ago.  They had some teams that were absolutely loaded with talent.  When Otis Gray was winning titles at Dillard,  much of that was "local" talent."  Something has changed...drastically.    

8 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

As you know, Dillard and Ely were powerhouses between the 80's until about 15 years ago.  They had some teams that were absolutely loaded with talent.  When Otis Gray was winning titles at Dillard,  much of that was "local" talent."  Something has changed...drastically.    

2000 & 2001 we we’re very good to ..also in 2006-2008 we were solid jus so happen tho nationally ranked STA was waiting for us every year in the second round. And after they moved up then came central CC MNW & etc

On 5/29/2018 at 12:25 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

Lol this got to be a joke...

On 5/29/2018 at 7:46 AM, DB4 said:

Add opa locka to that

On 5/29/2018 at 8:38 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

Lol you do know those school you mentioned grades been going up and a lot of kids been graduating. Plus those schools have great magnet programs also. One thing about the Dade school board superintendent he’s been keeping up with his word and these kids been excelling and schools are being rebuilt.. 

On 5/29/2018 at 8:18 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

2000 & 2001 we we’re very good to ..also in 2006-2008 we were solid jus so happen tho nationally ranked STA was waiting for us every year in the second round. And after they moved up then came central CC MNW & etc

So Dillard use to be 5a in 2006-2008?

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

Lol you do know those school you mentioned grades been going up and a lot of kids been graduating. Plus those schools have great magnet programs also. One thing about the Dade school board superintendent he’s been keeping up with his word and these kids been excelling and schools are being rebuilt.. 

That is good news.  For whatever reason, some kids in Broward are bypassing the public schools and going to private schools.  The kid from Ely I mentioned above went to Cardinal Gibbons his soph year, Ely his jr year, and now he is at Chaminade for his sr year.  John Dunmore, one of the top recruits from Broward, went to Chaminade his fresh yr, Card Gibbons his soph year, Amer. Heritage his jr year, and now is back at chaminade for his senior year.  

I am not hearing about the same level of musical chairs going in with the private schools in Dade.  If it is, would like to hear.

17 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

..am skeptical.  I shared in another post how many of our football players over the years have had their careers cut short after washing out in college due to grades and/or trouble.  They may have graduated high school, but something was clearly missing.

The Dade school supt makes a salary of $350,000 per year(unbelievable!) and such individuals have been known to make huge bonuses for "good results."  There is a large motivation to make sure the numbers look good...the same as with CEO's of public companies.  And some people will do whatever it takes to make sure the numbers are good, for political and/or financial gain.  Am not making any accusations..simply saying there is reason to be skeptical.    

if anyone is interested, here is a link to a story about the huge scandal in the DC school system.    

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2018/02/01/the-shocking-thing-about-d-c-s-exploding-schools-scandal-and-why-it-has-national-significance/?utm_term=.f6fe7bbff497