Bowl eligible teams (Need Josh's help)

nolebull813

Josh please my brother. Please help the teams out who miss the playoffs try and find a bowl game. Not just retweet coaches. Let everyone know to reach out to you if they are interested. Let them know that it's even a possibility. You would be surprised how many coaches don't even know about them. 

Bowl games are so beneficial. It gives the seniors one last and final game. 98 percent of them will never play a down of football for the rest of their life. And to miss the playoffs as a senior kinda sucks. Gives them one last game to go out with some sense of glory. 

And it gives the young guys some more valuable practice and playing time. 

Let's make it happen 

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

Josh please my brother. Please help the teams out who miss the playoffs try and find a bowl game. Not just retweet coaches. Let everyone know to reach out to you if they are interested. Let them know that it's even a possibility. You would be surprised how many coaches don't even know about them. 

Bowl games are so beneficial. It gives the seniors one last and final game. 98 percent of them will never play a down of football for the rest of their life. And to miss the playoffs as a senior kinda sucks. Gives them one last game to go out with some sense of glory. 

And it gives the young guys some more valuable practice and playing time. 

Let's make it happen 

Keep a eye on Bartram Trail 

They could miss playoffs as 7-3 team

Suwannee may also finish above .500

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Bowl games are so beneficial. It gives the seniors one last and final game. 98 percent of them will never play a down of football for the rest of their life. And to miss the playoffs as a senior kinda sucks. Gives them one last game to go out with some sense of glory

But what about the ones that lose the bowl game? Are they to go in deep, dark depression? 

When only district champs made the playoffs, I liked Bowl Games. Now, not so much. 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Keep a eye on Bartram Trail 

They could miss playoffs as 7-3 team

Suwannee may also finish above .500

I believe Bartram still has a hairs chance to get into the playoffs. They need to win the last game and hope one or two  teams ahead of them losses. Be a shame if they miss the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I believe Bartram still has a hairs chance to get into the playoffs. They need to win the last game and hope one or two  teams ahead of them losses. Be a shame if they miss the playoffs.

I hope they do

There is no-one in this region i would want for Columbia to face more (Lincoln a close second) 

With Bartram Trail likely going to 8a we need to end this playoff rivalry with one more game to break this 2-2 series tie

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

Hope you get the shot.

On serious note BT still has a shot but edgewater upset really hurt because it pushed edgewater into wildcard and had Hagerty jump to District champs spot and that pushed another team in BT way

I personally dont think chiles or First Coast get in

That last spot likely comes down to Fletcher and Bartram Trail but I'll have to see updated point totals to be sure

Definitely will be a interesting last week of season and it looks like we will have to play waiting game to find out who we face in 2 weeks

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

On serious note BT still has a shot but edgewater upset really hurt because it pushed edgewater into wildcard and had Hagerty jump to District champs spot and that pushed another team in BT way

I personally dont think chiles or First Coast get in

That last spot likely comes down to Fletcher and Bartram Trail but I'll have to see updated point totals to be sure

Definitely will be a interesting last week of season and it looks like we will have to play waiting game to find out who we face in 2 weeks

I have a feeling that Bartram comes close to 36.2 the next release of regional updates. Still behind but a shot at getting in.

21 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

But what about the ones that lose the bowl game? Are they to go in deep, dark depression? 

When only district champs made the playoffs, I liked Bowl Games. Now, not so much. 

Even if they lose the bowl game they at least got some playing time for the young guys. What's so bad about another game. If you miss the playoffs you probably aren't that good anyways and would have had no shot at a title. One extra game would be a treat for any player who loves football 

5 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Even if they lose the bowl game they at least got some playing time for the young guys. What's so bad about another game. If you miss the playoffs you probably aren't that good anyways and would have had no shot at a title. One extra game would be a treat for any player who loves football 

Keep a eye on 7a region 1

You got Fletcher and Bartram Trail who only have 3 losses so far,  one of them will likely miss playoffs so either could be a solid opponent looking for a bowl game 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Exactly. Having a bowl game for some 5-5 or 6-4 team that has played mediocre competition serves little purpose unless it is against a former, old rival, in which case, the kids may be hyped!

When I was in high school  Hardee played Fort Myers in a bowl game.  Both teams were 8-2.  Both teams missed the playoffs on a tie-breaker.  Both teams had coaches with over 200 career wins.  It was a big deal, almost college like as they had a dinner for both teams the night before the game just like they do college bowl games.

I never said it wasn't a big deal back in the day. I am not trying to compare it to anything. 

All I said is it gives seniors who will never play again in their life one extra game and it gives the younger kids extra game reps for next year. 

What the F&@k is so terrible about that? Why is that a damn garbage idea? 

18 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Bartow vs Lakewood Ranch - let's find out who is the worst team in West Central Florida:o

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I never said it wasn't a big deal back in the day. I am not trying to compare it to anything. 

All I said is it gives seniors who will never play again in their life one extra game and it gives the younger kids extra game reps for next year. 

What the F&@k is so terrible about that? Why is that a damn garbage idea? 

It rewards mediocrity. When anyone can get a bowl game it is no longer special. 

24 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It rewards mediocrity. When anyone can get a bowl game it is no longer special. 

Look at all of the bowls in the NCAA today.  Maybe some like it, but I find it a turn-off.  The world is tough....no consolation prizes, no runner-up trophies.   When was the last time your boss patted you on the back and gave you a raise, promotion or any type of positive recognition for a mediocre job?  That's not to say we should not recognize kids for a hard-played season, but we can do so in a very simple fashion, ie team meal.