Quantcast
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SPCjessica2004

3A State Championship Game

Recommended Posts

The Class 3A State Championship game is going to be between Chaminade-Madonna and King's Academy football.  I alluded to this in earlier posts, but there was a growing contingent of fans from the south that warned me about King's Academy. The warning turned into a roar when King's defeated Orlando First Academy.

I stuck with Florida High as my pick to represent the north and they ended up losing by a point. King's Academy deserves a lot of respect for the way they've gotten to Orlando, this is a fun team to watch and their fans are clearly VERY passionate about their Lions. Many of them can spout out QB Justin Wake's numbers, or tell me how their defense makes amazing plays in the 4th quarter.

Chaminade-Madonna is rolling right now. This is the second year in a row they've only surrendered 3 points in the south half the bracket. The Lions defense is one of the best in the state and they are chomping at the bit to repeat as 3A champions.

THE PICK:  Look, let's be real. This isn't a dig at King's Academy but the state finals should have been between CCC and Chaminade. Those are clearly the two best teams in 3A. Chaminade was always going to win that game, but CCC at least kept the game competitive for all 4 quarters. King's Academy deserves their moment in the sun, they've earned it and I will watch the game, but this will be the least competitive game in the state championship weekend.

Chaminade 42, King's Academy 3

 




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all due respect to your opinion and Chaminade, I think C-M's defensive line would get exposed in a big way playing against the big o-lines of some of the schools in the bigger classes, just as it was against AHP.  I think the offenses of the Miami-Dade powers would steamroll them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

With all due respect to your opinion and Chaminade, I think C-M's defensive line would get exposed in a big way playing against the big o-lines of some of the schools in the bigger classes, just as it was against AHP.  I think the offenses of the Miami-Dade powers would steamroll them.  

And, that is why CM is in Class 3A and not in 6A, 7A, and 8A. Oldschool you can't really expect a team with less than 600 students to compete effectively against one with up to 3,000 students. Teams like Pahokee used to play some of the highest classifications routinely. However, they played teams that were not considered anywhere near elite and, they even got beaten at times by those run of the mill higher classification teams. CM wouldn't fair any better, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

And, that is why CM is in Class 3A and not in 6A, 7A, and 8A. Oldschool you can't really expect a team with less than 600 students to compete effectively against one with up to 3,000 students. Teams like Pahokee used to play some of the highest classifications routinely. However, they played teams that were not considered anywhere near elite and, they even got beaten at times by those run of the mill higher classification teams. CM wouldn't fair any better, I'm sure.

CM has more "star power" per capita than any school in the state.  CM is one of only a handful of schools in the state in any classification that has 7 or more players with 3 or more recruiting stars.  And they are the only school I know of that has 10 starters who transferred in this past season. With that level of talent, their starters should be able to compete against anyone, regardless of size.  

If depth is a problem for CM, that is their own fault.  It doesn't have to be.  There are numerous smaller schools that have been ranked in national polls in recent years who have overcome the "depth problem" of smaller schools.  I know of numerous schools the size of CM in some Southern states that have no problem dressing out 50 players.  They might not all be great players, but they are well coached and can hold their own if the need arises

CM was never a football school between 1980-2000.  Now they want to be and have certain advantages, like other private schools, that have been discussed ad nauseum on here.  IMO, if they want to be a football school, they need to put on their big boy pants and play with the big boys instead of hanging out in the lower classes and being a bully. 

That is exactly what the Chaminade teams of the late 1960's and early 1970's did, ie play up in class.  Coach Zappone was one of the best coaches in south Florida back then and he never won a state title because he insisted on playing against the big schools.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OldSchoolLion,

Chaminade doesn't have the recent history of winning against American Heritage Plantation/Deerfield etc; however, I'm convinced it's because they play those teams early in the year. I'm 100% convinced if they play Heritage-Plantation in, say, week 10 they would win.  Case and point, Chaminade vs Uschool likely would have been a competitive game had they played week 1 or 2, but that game taking place in week 11 resulted in a 35-0 blowout.   I also think Chaminade's win vs Muscle Shoals is undervalued as-is last years win vs Miramar.

Now if you're talking Miami Central, Carol City, Northwestern, STA then I agree. At some point even Chaminade is going to wear down.









 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

OldSchoolLion,

Chaminade doesn't have the recent history of winning against American Heritage Plantation/Deerfield etc; however, I'm convinced it's because they play those teams early in the year. I'm 100% convinced if they play Heritage-Plantation in, say, week 10 they would win.  Case and point, Chaminade vs Uschool likely would have been a competitive game had they played week 1 or 2, but that game taking place in week 11 resulted in a 35-0 blowout.   I also think Chaminade's win vs Muscle Shoals is undervalued as-is last years win vs Miramar.

Now if you're talking Miami Central, Carol City, Northwestern, STA then I agree. At some point even Chaminade is going to wear down.









 

Hi Jessica, I know you have mentioned previously that Chaminade is a late bloomer and that Dameon Jones teams evolve that way..  Unfortunately, CM has not played big, physical teams later in the season the past 3 seasons, so there is little proof that they could compete with such teams at their supposed peak.  In fact, CM is lacking in "quality" wins regardless of time frame.   

I struggle understanding how a team that is so loaded failed to beat American Heritage Delray and CCC more convincingly.  I believe you predicted CM by huge blowouts in each of those games.  I heard the games were filled with miscues...turnovers, penalties, etc.  That does not sound like a team that is peaking for the postseason. 

Although I could not give the eye test for either of those games, I have to think if they only scored 14-16 points versus those two teams and played with such a lack of focus/discipline, they would have been blown out by any number of south FL teams those nights.  Last year's team took care of business.  This team is obviously floundering.  I could buy an off-night versus AHD.  But a second one versus CCC?  Where there's smoke, there is fire.  And I would say the same for any team that performed that way.  Their performance is arguably the worst to date amongst the big favorites in the playoffs.   

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

CM has more "star power" per capita than any school in the state.  CM is one of only a handful of schools in the state in any classification that has 7 or more players with 3 or more recruiting stars.  And they are the only school I know of that has 10 starters who transferred in this past season. With that level of talent, their starters should be able to compete against anyone, regardless of size.  

If depth is a problem for CM, that is their own fault.  It doesn't have to be.  There are numerous smaller schools that have been ranked in national polls in recent years who have overcome the "depth problem" of smaller schools.  I know of numerous schools the size of CM in some Southern states that have no problem dressing out 50 players.  They might not all be great players, but they are well coached and can hold their own if the need arises

CM was never a football school between 1980-2000.  Now they want to be and have certain advantages, like other private schools, that have been discussed ad nauseum on here.  IMO, if they want to be a football school, they need to put on their big boy pants and play with the big boys instead of hanging out in the lower classes and being a bully. 

That is exactly what the Chaminade teams of the late 1960's and early 1970's did, ie play up in class.  Coach Zappone was one of the best coaches in south Florida back then and he never won a state title because he insisted on playing against the big schools.

 

Not trying to be difficult just realistic. How many of the current teams,10 in all, from 4A to 8A that are going to Orlando do you realistically feel that CM could defeat? Out of those 10 you have some very tough teams that I feel could match up well with them. Also, it's another thing to play one or two higher class teams during the season. If they had a steady diet of those types of teams I wonder how their win/loss record would look. I honestly don't know so I thought you could give me your take considering that scenario.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the game. A couple of thoughts. CCC is a good team with a scrappy defense, but I can't fathom how they beat Jesuit. Not that Jesiit is a super-team or anything, but CCC does not have a bunch of size, is missing an athletic component to their team, and does not have a ton of depth. However it's not a knock on them. They are what they are. A very good 3A. team. Madonna is a good squad. They have some very nice athletes and size. But they don't have much depth. I've seen a ton of big School state champions and I can't see Madonna compete with those teams. Again not a knock on them, but they are what they are which is a very nice 3A team. I'm sure they would beat their fair share of six through eight a squats around here, but they would not beat the more Elite teams in those classes. Not even close.

 

By the way I would like to add that both teams were extremely well coached. I was impressed with Madonna's coaching on the sidelines. Constant adjustments. I did not sit on the CCC side because there was not enough room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Not trying to be difficult just realistic. How many of the current teams,10 in all, from 4A to 8A that are going to Orlando do you realistically feel that CM could defeat? Out of those 10 you have some very tough teams that I feel could match up well with them. Also, it's another thing to play one or two higher class teams during the season. If they had a steady diet of those types of teams I wonder how their win/loss record would look. I honestly don't know so I thought you could give me your take considering that scenario.

 

I've only seen Columbus, St Thomas, Lakeland, Northwestern and Cocoa this season.  Cocoa's defense had some holes when I saw them, so CM's offense could likely exploit.  And with CM's excellent secondary, they could likely keep Cocoa's passing attack in check  

I think CM would struggle versus the others.  CM seems to struggle against more physical teams.  I think a lot of the Broward teams do, not just CM.  Look at what just happened to Deerfield.  They have some serious beef in their trenches and they got outmuscled by Columbus.  Dade kids just seem to play with a certain level of intensity that one does not typically see in Broward.  It's a "nastiness" factor.  

Even the CM teams under Guandolo in the early 2000's had issues with more physical teams.  There was a nasty Edison team back in the early 2000's that took out Chaminade and St Thomas one year.  Chaminade was upset in a state semi in the mid 2000's by an extremely physical Immokalee team.

When kids go to a school with a lot of football tradition, and spend their four years there, they have a lot of pride in their school and fight for it.  Chaminade has a very disjointed football tradition and has quite a few starters who have been there for a limited time.  I sometimes wonder how much ownership these kids have in a program under such circumstances...versus simply viewing it as a means to an end to get them a college scholarship.  

Guandolo's kids were far less talented than these today, but those kids had a fight in them I don't see out of these kids today.  I was extremely impressed by their squad that shut out a very tough Madison County team back in the early 2000's.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Hi Jessica, I know you have mentioned previously that Chaminade is a late bloomer and that Dameon Jones teams evolve that way..  Unfortunately, CM has not played big, physical teams later in the season the past 3 seasons, so there is little proof that they could compete with such teams at their supposed peak.  In fact, CM is lacking in "quality" wins regardless of time frame.   

Lion,
Booker T? Uschool?  Those are bigger schools.  No, they haven't played the superpowers late in the season, but they have quality wins in the 2nd half of the season.   While there is little proof they could compete with teams at their supposed peak, there is also little proof they "couldn't" compete with teams at their supposed peak either.

While I respect Chaminade's previous coaches and success, the topic of conversation is on Daemon Jones/Coach Tate's Chaminade teams. I truly believe his teams get better as the season goes on.

 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I believe you predicted CM by huge blowouts in each of those games.  I heard the games were filled with miscues...turnovers, penalties, etc.  That does not sound like a team that is peaking for the postseason.

This is true. But,  until the Chaminade/CCC game I simply provided a point spread.  I had Chaminade 45, CCC 0. CCC's defense forced 7 Chaminade turnovers, including 4 INT's. I did not expect that. I knew CCC wasn't going to score though. They are simply to young on offense and don't have the size. The Chaminade defense forced CCC to throw 5 int's.
 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

This team is obviously floundering.  I could buy an off-night versus AHD.  But a second one versus CCC?  Where there's smoke, there is fire

A team who has posted shutouts against 5 of their last 6 opponents is floundering? Uschool was ranked #1 in 4A when they shut them out. CCC was ranked #2 in 3A when they shut them out; both on the road. Both CCC and Uschool were ranked in the top 20 in Florida when Chaminade shut them out as well.

  If Chaminade shuts out King's Academy, which could happen they will win a state championship while only giving up 3 points in their entire run. Has that even happened before?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I've only seen Columbus, St Thomas, Lakeland, Northwestern and Cocoa this season.  Cocoa's defense had some holes when I saw them, so CM's offense could likely exploit.  And with CM's excellent secondary, they could likely keep Cocoa's passing attack in check  

I think CM would struggle versus the others.  CM seems to struggle against more physical teams.  I think a lot of the Broward teams do, not just CM.  Look at what just happened to Deerfield.  They have some serious beef in their trenches and they got outmuscled by Columbus.

I understand it was only a half, and it was a kickoff classic; however, Chaminade defeated Columbus 10-7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 181pl said:

went to the game. A couple of thoughts. CCC is a good team with a scrappy defense, but I can't fathom how they beat Jesuit. Not that Jesiit is a super-team or anything, but CCC does not have a bunch of size, is missing an athletic component to their team, and does not have a ton of depth.

181pl,

What's really going to blow your mind is that when CCC defeated Jesuit they started 5 freshmen on defense and 4 freshmen on offense. They also did not have their top offensive linemen (Kayson Romalle) or Jerzhan Newton. In the third quarter #9 was ejected of that game along with 2 others. To this day my husband and I have NO IDEA how they went to Jesuit and won that game.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Lion,
Booker T? Uschool?  Those are bigger schools.  No, they haven't played the superpowers late in the season, but they have quality wins in the 2nd half of the season.   While there is little proof they could compete with teams at their supposed peak, there is also little proof they "couldn't" compete with teams at their supposed peak either.

While I respect Chaminade's previous coaches and success, the topic of conversation is on Daemon Jones/Coach Tate's Chaminade teams. I truly believe his teams get better as the season goes on.

This is true. But,  until the Chaminade/CCC game I simply provided a point spread.  I had Chaminade 45, CCC 0. CCC's defense forced 7 Chaminade turnovers, including 4 INT's. I did not expect that. I knew CCC wasn't going to score though. They are simply to young on offense and don't have the size. The Chaminade defense forced CCC to throw 5 int's.
 

A team who has posted shutouts against 5 of their last 6 opponents is floundering? Uschool was ranked #1 in 4A when they shut them out. CCC was ranked #2 in 3A when they shut them out; both on the road. Both CCC and Uschool were ranked in the top 20 in Florida when Chaminade shut them out as well.

  If Chaminade shuts out King's Academy, which could happen they will win a state championship while only giving up 3 points in their entire run. Has that even happened before?



 



 

My comments about floundering referred to the playoffs...specifically the last two playoffs games.  7 TO's versus CCC .  31 penalties in the past two games(something they have struggled with in other games, ie BTW and Muscle Shoals).  If I was coaching this team, I would be using a much stronger word than "floundering" LOL.  I cannot see how CM's offensive output was not considered a substantial disappointment, regardless of any divine intervention the opponents' defenses received those evenings.  

I read your previews, Jessica, and you wrote as if these two games were men against boys.  How would you expect a reader to react when CM's offense only manages one TD against a CCC team you described as "clearly overwhelmed?"   I know you watch 3A closely, Jessica, and when you predict a 45-point margin of victory in two games and the results are one-third of that, it tells me that, at the very least, CM's offense grossly underperformed and/or self-destructed.

I created a thread concerning University School earlier in the season...your comments concerning a matchup with CM, Jessica... "Uschool will get run off the field.  Had the teams played in week 1 or 2, Uschool would have been a trendy pick for an upset, but by week 11, Chaminade will be rolling to a 3TD win over Uschool. Their D-line will be picking up the Uschool RB(Kenny McIntosh) and throwing him at the QB.  Uschool's O-line is well coached, but they're long and lanky and really don't have a lot of depth. Chaminade's defensive line is simply more stout, there's more of them, plus their appears to be a huge difference in physical strength."  

Based on those comments, I am not sure how you can offer University up as a viable, "physical" opponent upon which to judge CM's prowess this year, especially in the trenches.  We all know BTW's teams this season and last are not the teams of old.  CM's wins over them were good wins, but not exactly commanding(7 and 14 points).  This season BTW had a chance to tie it at the end and got stopped on the 20 yard line.   Based on the comments you made about this year's CM team being superior to last year's team in virtually every aspect of the game, I would have expected a larger margin of victory over BTW this year to substantiate that claim...or  else they simply underperformed.

And based on your own comments about CCC and University School this season, if those schools were top 20 in FL, it doesn't say much for the rankings.  You pointed out glaring weaknesses in your reviews of them, at least in your eyes. 

I don't mean to sound harsh, Jessica.  Just one person's perspective.  You've said some pretty flowery things about CM this year.  They are clearly a talented team, but I think they underperform relative to the amount of talent they have.  They should be demolishing teams like AHD and CCC this late in the season.  And the reason they are not is due to poor execution and lack of discipline, plain and simple.           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or the fact that they aren't near elite overall . They are a very good football team but that's about it. They'd get run over in some classes.

Let's look at what's left?

4A- Cocoa and Raines. Probably be competitive games. Don't know who would win but they'd be good games.

 

5A- N. Marion and Gibbons. I don't think CM would score on Gibbons. N. Marion and CM would be a good game but with NM beating TCA I'd probably give an edge to them.

6A- Armwood and MNW. Both too physical and fast for CM. Each would be at least 2 TD favorites.

7A- Lakeland and STA. Blowouts by both teams.

8A- Mandarin and Columbus. Don't know anything about the Mustangs but they did run through 8A North with ease. Have to favor them by 10 or more. Columbus would also be a solid favorite after blowing out Deerfield who has a ton more depth than CM.

 

Again, not being harsh on CM. They are a top 25 type team but not ready for a lot of the other contenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldschoollion,

You're not harsh at all, I appreciate good conversation!  You're correct that those were my thoughts for those games, but I was in the minority as I recall. Others felt Uschool would win by 2 TD's which caused me to rethink my opinion about the game, but looking back at it (and it's nobody's fault, hindsight is always 20/20) my original comments were correct.

When I look at Chaminade's offense,against AHD, they had a total of 20 penalties and 4 TD's called back. Against CCC Jon Dunmore had 8 catches for 118 yards and Rb Willie Davis ran for 229 yet they only scored 1 TD and 3 FG's. I actually credit CCC's defense for bending and not breaking.  There comes a time when we have to admit (and nobody has taken more cheat shots at their program than myself), CCC is a legit, final 4 program year in and year out. Chaminade blew their doors off last year, but that CCC team shouldn't have even been in that position. They threw a hail mary TD in round 1 to upset Tampa Catholic. TC would have been the appropriate team in 2017 to play Chaminade. Chaminade would have won, but it would have been far more competitive than 49-3.

I've said some flowery things about Chaminade-Madonna because I believe in what they bring to the table. I think they have enough solid wins to be in the conversation as a great team.






 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, I'm also a realist. The conversation regarding the Lions program going forward will be how Daemon Jones and his staff build the team going forward. I'm not looking at the Maxpreps roster or what's on CM's website. Against CCC they dressed 44 players, 23 of which were seniors.  They return 21 players, and they essentially graduate their entire defense with the exception of Willie Moise and Dedrick Stanley. 

 I always felt 2019 was going to be the year that CM missed Marlin Mayo who transferred to Coconut Creek last season.   Chaminade will need a significant amount of transfers to replace guys like Te'Cory Couch, Keontra Smith, Jimmy Nixon, Ahmund Jordan, John Dunmore, Cameron Williams, Grantis Poole, James Williams, Lynden Washington, Thomas Armstrong. These are all power 5 D-1 guys that have played together for years. 

The issue is going to be the schedule. Chaminade could compete with AH-Plantation, Muscle Shoals, Uschool, Booker T.  due to their athletes. Teams like Northeast, Ely, Doral Academy, Piper will not play Chaminade anymore. The question is, who will?  I have a lot of respect for Chaminade, but even with transfers, there's going to be a PITA to put a 10 game schedule together next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I created the thread below concerning Chaminade-Madonna.  30% of their players (13/44) transferred in this season.  Add the 8 that transferred in last year, and approximately half of their current roster joined them between last season and now.  ..nearly their entire starting offense, as far as I can tell.

ST Thomas, Cardinal Gibbons, AHP and University School are building much of their talent from within.  That is not the case at Chaminade.  How can CM build a sustainable program when the kids that go to the school 4 years and pay their dues on JV know there is a good chance they will be passed over for a transfer?  I believe CM has, at most, 7 juniors on the roster that have been at the school 2 or more years.  That is very telling. 

When Dameon Jones came to Hallandale in 2007, Hallandale had a combined record of 2-25 over the prior three seasons.  Year 1 of his arrival Hallandale was 9-3 and Year 2 they were 8-4.  They won a playoff game each year.  Jones left after the 2008 season and the team went 0-11 in 2009.  He returned in 2010 and the team went 7-4 and made the playoffs.  Sorry, but I do not care how good of a coach one is, they don't work those kinds of miracles in one season. And when a program catastrophically collapses like that and then magically resurrects, it raises questions.   

It appears the current coaching staff at CM inherited a program on the mend from Coach Milgrom and within short order was competing for a state title.  Instead of taking a hit this year and building the program, the powers that be chose to keep the train going and play a lot of transfers.  I cannot fault a school if kids are lining up to go there.  But nobody is sticking a gun to anyone's head forcing them to play a kid.  I question how well the coaching staff is promoting the program amongst the "regular" kids at Chaminade, ie the kids that would be going there regardless of how successful the football program is. Unless they are blessed with another slug of talented transfers, the program appears to be facing a substantial drop-off next season.  

Coach Jones and staff might know how to win, but I am not yet convinced of their ability to build a sustainable program from the roots.  The proof is in the pudding.  Where are the kids to replace all of these seniors?  What's the plan?  Some of us have already seen that program collapse once, thus the tough questions/scrutinizing eyes.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The schools around here should help them fill their schedule. It will make the locals more playoff ready. TC, Jesuit, Berkeley, Cavalry, CCC etc would get a huge benefit play in CM even if they lose on games not that close. But I think all of those teams except Calvary and Berkeley can stay with CM. Not saying they'd win but they'd give them a good game at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 181pl said:

The schools around here should help them fill their schedule. It will make the locals more playoff ready. TC, Jesuit, Berkeley, Cavalry, CCC etc would get a huge benefit play in CM even if they lose on games not that close. But I think all of those teams except Calvary and Berkeley can stay with CM. Not saying they'd win but they'd give them a good game at least.

That's a good suggestion; however, the only team that would willingly travel/play Chaminade would be CCC and that would only be if Chaminade was not in 3A. CCC and for that matter Chaminade, won't play each other in the regular season and then turn around and play in the state semi's.

Tampa Catholic would willingly play Chaminade if Bob Henrequiez was still the head coach. The 2017 Tampa Catholic team vs the 2017 Chaminade team would have been fun, Chaminade was better but TC had the linemen depth, athletes and QB to hang with Chaminade before Shaun Shivers went wild.  I don't think Mike Gregory would have scheduled that game though.

Berkeley Prep, Calvary, Lakeland Christian won't play Chaminade unless it's a required playoff game.  Jesuit/Chaminade would be a very interesting game in 2019.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wavebb said:

Very interesting thread.  Different opinions with respectful responses.  I'm not a 3A expert by any means so I offer nothing on the topic.   Just enjoy the reading.   Thanks and Carry On

Here's your big chance!  Scroll down in the following thread..  We need some help from a SW FL football expert.  Which SW FL school produced 2 Parade All American rb's and who are the individuals?:)  No pressure.:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Here's your big chance!  Scroll down in the following thread..  We need some help from a SW FL football expert.  Which SW FL school produced 2 Parade All American rb's and who are the individuals?:)  No pressure.:lol:

 

Naples Carlos Hyde and Duane Coleman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I created the thread below concerning Chaminade-Madonna.  30% of their players (13/44) transferred in this season.  Add the 8 that transferred in last year, and approximately half of their current roster joined them between last season and now.  ..nearly their entire starting offense, as far as I can tell.

ST Thomas, Cardinal Gibbons, AHP and University School are building much of their talent from within.  That is not the case at Chaminade.  How can CM build a sustainable program when the kids that go to the school 4 years and pay their dues on JV know there is a good chance they will be passed over for a transfer?  I believe CM has, at most, 7 juniors on the roster that have been at the school 2 or more years.  That is very telling. 

 

Just feels so dirty, amirite? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, XDC said:

Just feels so dirty, amirite? 

I believe John Dunmore went to Chaminade his freshman year and just returned for his senior year.  Imagine being a kid who played with him as a freshman, you stayed at the school all four years, and Dunmore returns after leaving for 2 years and gets playing time ahead of you in your senior year...along with the other two wide receivers who transferred in this past season..  That would really sting.  I wonder how often situations like that happen nowadays?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...