Godby coach leaving

SportsNut25

If one would wonder why a playoff winning coach would leave a playoff winning team and title contending team to coach at Gadsen High who I think was 0-10 last year... Well 2 things... I think its his Alma Mater (or at least whatever the school was before it merged) and 2. $$$$  apparently Gadsen County + booster funds can provide a large salary bump over the 3k or so stipend he is getting from Leon County.

1 hour ago, peezy28 said:

If one would wonder why a playoff winning coach would leave a playoff winning team and title contending team to coach at Gadsen High who I think was 0-10 last year... Well 2 things... I think its his Alma Mater (or at least whatever the school was before it merged) and 2. $$$$  apparently Gadsen County + booster funds can provide a large salary bump over the 3k or so stipend he is getting from Leon County.

I hear he also has a PhD in physics and did his thesis on coin flip mechanics?:D:rolleyes:  ..if so, quite the catch for Gadsden.

11 hours ago, peezy28 said:

I agree with the money part, but I’m pretty sure he went to Rickards before his playing days at FSU.