• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
Floridatech

Vero Beach could break Lakeland's 57 game winning streak

Currently Vero is on a 53 regular season game winning streak and all they need is to win 4-5 games to tie and break the record......which means they'll need to beat AHD and Venice at home which are their toughest challenges on that part of the schedule.....I think they gonna do it and biggest advantage is home turf 

Games needed to win 

AHD Wk1

Ft Lauderdale Wk2

Venice Wk3

Lake Minneola Wk4

Merritt Island Wk 5

All are at home......

Top wins during the streak

Oscar Smith

Venice 

Pahokee

Lincoln

Palm Beach Gardens (2013)

1 hour ago, Hwy17 said:

Has Lakaland called you to schedule a game? They're really proud of that record. 

I actually thought that game was going to happen this year it woulda sold tickets if Vero woulda played them this year

1 hour ago, Floridatech said:

I actually thought that game was going to happen this year it woulda sold tickets if Vero woulda played them this year

I figured they would be blowing up your phone to come to their house.  

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I thought a streak ends wen u lose any game wether it’s playoffs or regular season 

I believe the Regular Season and the Post Season Playoffs are separate categories. Either way it's quite an accomplishment for Vero.

3 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Yea but who knows what go on behind the doors

Vero is an 8A school, correct?  Crazy, when Hardee, a 3A school at the time, was on a 42 game win streak they were calling us non-stop to schedule a game.  Also our top player transferred to them that same year.  

7 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

Lakeland's run also included some state and mythical national championships.......Vero's mean while is a story of coulda, woulda, shoulda wanna be.

Aye I didn't disrespect Lakeland's streak at all u don't have to disrespect ours 

https://youtu.be/OtzfXWMrQ7Q

A video on youtube some of you might already be aware of, I did in 2007 to commemorate the end of the Lakeland streak for a couple of Lakeland homers that have long since disappeared.

10 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

Lakeland won 53 straight games. streak started after a 2003 playoff loss to Hillsborough and ended with a 2007 regular season loss to Osceola. I believe that record will stand for some time.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:41 AM, FL_HS_football said:

https://youtu.be/OtzfXWMrQ7Q

A video on youtube some of you might already be aware of, I did in 2007 to commemorate the end of the Lakeland streak for a couple of Lakeland homers that have long since disappeared.

Thank you for that.  I remember that from the other board and even though I’m a Dreadnaught till I die, I still found that funny as hell.