MaxPreps Top 50 Rankings

OldSchoolLion

13 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Interested in everyone's perspective on these rankings.  I was surprised to see Chaminade-Madonna amongst the Top 50 and surprised not to see Northwestern, just based upon reputation.

1. IMG

3. STA

13. Central

22. AH Plantation

26. Booker T

28. Edgewater

36. Chaminade-Madonna

44. Armwood

Edgewater at 28 is absolutely ridiculous. Lose to #3 STA in a very close state championship game last season and be placed 25 spots behind them? Just this week I saw a poll that had Edgewater ranked #12 nationally. Whose poll is this; the South Florida Fan Club?

On 9/5/2020 at 6:38 PM, HornetFan said:

I had to look it up. Madison County is a county located in the north central portion of the state of Florida, and borders the state of Georgia to the north. You weren't talking about the football poll, were you?

They gonna get there next year o line gotta be huge.  300 per player.  Over 6'2 dline and skill gonna be bigger. 

On 9/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Interested in everyone's perspective on these rankings.  I was surprised to see Chaminade-Madonna amongst the Top 50 and surprised not to see Northwestern, just based upon reputation.

1. IMG

3. STA

13. Central

22. AH Plantation

26. Booker T

28. Edgewater

36. Chaminade-Madonna

44. Armwood

Eight Florida teams in the National top 50. Not sure I agree with the above rankings and I also feel that by season's end, Apopka will have a national rank as going into the season they are better than they were last year. But, I can't say I have a huge problem with the above as a starting point.