Quantcast
Jump to content

State championships to Doak Campbell (Tallahassee)?


Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, 561_Fan said:

Well it's nice that late October the fhsaa is finally attempting to plan a state championship location for a event happening in December

 

Really would have been easier to forego the playoffs but at least they have something they trying to throw out there but honestly Bragg stadium would have been the better idea but I guess at least with doak they can use social distancing since they will be lucky to hit 20% capacity for any game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well it's nice that late October the fhsaa is finally attempting to plan a state championship location for a event happening in December

 

Really would have been easier to forego the playoffs but at least they have something they trying to throw out there but honestly Bragg stadium would have been the better idea but I guess at least with doak they can use social distancing since they will be lucky to hit 20% capacity for any game 

I think that was one of the issues brought up (social distancing) in the article and the size of Doak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

I guess it makes sense for the FHSAA to be talking to potential venues, although I still think this might be a year where the two teams that make the finals can simply flip a coin to determines who hosts the championship game.  But I'm not hell-bent on that idea. 

My only concern with Doak (other than potential travel) is playing 8 games there over a 10-14 day span of time.   My understanding is that Doak's a natural grass field.  I don't know if any natural grass field can handle that kind of schedule - especially if any of the early games are played when the field is wet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Orlando City Soccer Stadium held a football bowl game last season and it was well received. Ideal size for HS Championships and a location in the center of the state with plenty of hotels and restaurants; two major highways intersect right next to it (I-4 and the 408). No brainer unless the FHSAA thinks they need larger than a 25,500 seating capacity. A problem I could see could be the Covid-19 restrictions in place by City of Orlando and Orange County.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Orlando City Soccer Stadium held a football bowl game last season and it was well received. Ideal size for HS Championships and a location in the center of the state with plenty of hotels and restaurants; two major highways intersect right next to it (I-4 and the 408). No brainer unless the FHSAA thinks they need larger than a 25,500 seating capacity. A problem I could see could be the Covid-19 restrictions in place by City of Orlando and Orange County. But, the election will be over by then and the restrictions will probably be gone.

I say fsu because its closer to up north teams.  Go noles beat clemson 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Orlando City Soccer Stadium held a football bowl game last season and it was well received. Ideal size for HS Championships and a location in the center of the state with plenty of hotels and restaurants; two major highways intersect right next to it (I-4 and the 408). No brainer unless the FHSAA thinks they need larger than a 25,500 seating capacity. A problem I could see could be the Covid-19 restrictions in place by City of Orlando and Orange County.

Sadly, I don't think the restrictions will be gone in Florida till a vaccine (Orlando) is widely available. Florida's cases seem to be on the rise. While current treatments available have greatly reduced fatality, it is still highly transmissible and puts a big strain on the healthcare system. Can't wait for an effective vaccine or improved treatments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Sadly, I don't think the restrictions will be gone in Florida till a vaccine (Orlando) is widely available. Florida's cases seem to be on the rise. While current treatments available have greatly reduced fatality, it is still highly transmissible and puts a big strain on the healthcare system. Can't wait for an effective vaccine or improved treatments. 

Columbia 0-6

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I thought Madison was the king? You’re a fake fan Jesse

You salty venice lost, I always call sta kings of Florida. Read my comments on them, I was with madison until this season ends. I don't like sta I respect them. Everyone on here knows that they run Florida. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jesse said:

You salty venice lost, I always call sta kings of Florida. Read my comments on them, I was with madison until this season ends. I don't like sta I respect them. Everyone on here knows that they run Florida. 

I don’t care about who wins or loses this year lol. I was only kidding. High schools shouldn’t be playing football period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I don’t care about who wins or loses this year lol. I was only kidding. High schools shouldn’t be playing football period. 

Anybody know a game with a team having the ball less than 10 minutes and scoring 70 points???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Posts

    • CLASS 8A REGIONAL FINALS REGION 1 Bartram Trail (10-1) at Seminole (Sanford) (9-0) REGION 2 Lake Mary (8-2) at Apopka (7-3), 7 REGION 3 Miami Palmetto (5-1) at Vero Beach (8-2) REGION 4 Osceola (Kissimmee) (7-2) at Newsome (7-2) CLASS 7A REGIONAL FINALS REGION 1 Niceville (10-0) at Fleming Island (9-2), 7 REGION 2 Mitchell (11-1) at Edgewater (6-2) REGION 3 Bloomingdale (11-0) at Tampa Bay Tech (8-3) REGION 4 Venice (10-3) at St. Thomas Aquinas (5-1) CLASS 6A REGIONAL FINALS REGION 1 St. Augustine (9-2) at Columbia (5-5) REGION 2 Gaither (11-0) at Lake Minneola (9-1) REGION 3 Lake Gibson (11-1) at Palmetto (8-3) REGION 4 Miami Central (5-1) at Dunbar (8-2) CLASS 5A REGIONAL FINALS REGION 1 Rickards (7-1) vs. Baker County (9-2) at Memorial Stadium REGION 2 Dunnellon (9-0) vs. Vanguard (8-1) at Booster Stadium REGION 3 Jones (9-0) at Jesuit (12-0) REGION 4 American Heritage (Plantation) (8-2) at Eau Gallie (7-1) CLASS 4A STATE SEMIFINALS NORTH Gadsden County (6-1) at Bolles (9-2) SOUTH Cardinal Gibbons (6-1) at Cocoa (9-0) CLASS 3A STATE SEMIFINALS NORTH Trinity Christian (Jacksonville) (10-1) at Trinity Catholic (7-3), 7 SOUTH Chaminade-Madonna (7-1) at Berkeley Prep (7-1) CLASS 2A STATE SEMIFINALS NORTH Foundation Academy (9-1) at University Christian (7-4) SOUTH Champagnat Catholic (9-2) at Seffner Christian (8-4) CLASS 1A STATE SEMIFINALS NORTH Sneads (9-2) at Baker (11-0), 7:30 CT SOUTH Madison County (10-2) vs. Hawthorne (9-2) at Annie Mae Phillips Stadium
    • HornetFan, first of all that official is not a "ref' he is the line judge. Secondly, I don't know how you could make a determination that the official was making up for a missed call a few plays earlier unless you have some kind of mind reading powers that no one else possess. Thirdly, no Referee who is worth a darn is going to overrule any other official when it comes to player safety. Like I said, the onus is on the defender to be able to hold up, and not commit that kind of foul. That is the way that the game is going to be officiated now, and it is not going back.  
    • Perspective, I think that it would be best for me not to make judgments on fouls or calls from NFL or College Football. As far as the when the play being dead, when it is clear that if a ball is not going to be caught/possessed , the onus is on the defender not make the sort of contact that was made in that video.  Player Safety is always paramount when High School Football is involved, and the FHSAA will always back that up. If there was no foul on that dead-ball hit, the Vero Beach Head Coach could send that clip to the FHSAA demanding clarification, and he would be right to do that. 
    • No sir.  They made it past the second round in more than year.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...