Matchups That You Can’t Wait to See in 2021

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol I agree with you about the own little bubble part because we really are in our own south Florida bubble. 

when broward county population is 2 million and Miami dade county population is 2.3 million. It’s kind of easy to do. 

That’s 4 million people between 2 county’s alone, not counting west palm which is 1.4 million that’s 5 million people Almost 6 million people with just 3 county’s ; south Florida could really be its own state. 

47 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Georgia-Florida match-ups can be a little misleading sometimes.   The upcoming Chaminade/Buford game is an example. 

Buford is a public school with a student population of 1,500+ (1,543 in 2019-20).   They play in Georgia's second-highest classification (6A).  If their population has stayed the same, they likely would be one of the largest 5A schools (or possibly one of the smallest 6A schools) if they were located in Florida instead of Georgia. 

Chaminade-Madonna, on the other hand, is a private school in Florida that plays in the 3A classification (based on a student population of 480 in 2020).   So, based on student population, Buford is three times the size of Chaminade.  

Chaminade is traveling to Buford, which is northeast of Atlanta.  That means Chaminade either has to fly or they'll be on one helluva long bus ride.  Either way, the travel will take a little out of them.  I would expect that Chaminade will keep the game close in the first half, but Buford will wear them down and pull away with a comfortable win in the second half, perhaps with a final score that doesn't reflect how close the game may have been for 3 quarters. 

And after all that, people will get on message boards to proclaim how much better high school football teams are in Georgia than Florida.  ;)

Kind of fits my outlook of this matchup as well, but I will say this I do feel GA fields overall better teams then most of Florida do. 

and I also would say GA has overall better coaching as well. Where as down here especially down south we rely more on pure athleticism and talent then coaching which shows in how undisciplined most of our teams are down south. 

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Kind of fits my outlook of this matchup as well, but I will say this I do feel GA fields overall better teams then most of Florida do. 

and I also would say GA has overall better coaching as well. Where as down here especially down south we rely more on pure athleticism and talent then coaching which shows in how undisciplined most of our teams are down south. 

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but I have heard that Georgia has actively recruited some of the better Florida coaches with significantly better pay.  That has raised their overall level of quality teams and improved results versus Florida schools.

14 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but I have heard that Georgia has actively recruited some of the better Florida coaches with significantly better pay.  That has raised their overall level of quality teams and improved results versus Florida schools.

Hmmm if that’s true that brings to question was the coaches giving half effort while down here because of the low pay. 

but gave their best in the coaching department once more money was involved hence the success their having now vs the success they wasn’t having in Florida ??

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Hmmm if that’s true that brings to question was the coaches giving half effort while down here because of the low pay. 

but gave their best in the coaching department once more money was involved hence the success their having now vs the success they wasn’t having in Florida ??

Good coaches, good staff, etc... don't give half hearted effort in any endeavor.  Main point is there a significant difference in coaches pay there as here, that will definitely attract talent.

6 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Good coaches, good staff, etc... don't give half hearted effort in any endeavor.  Main point is there a significant difference in coaches pay there as here, that will definitely attract talent.

or conversely, less teaching responsibilities (classroom) to occupy their day.

2 hours ago, Tony112 said:

Not good match up a lot of rockledge players transferred to cocoa 

Only one Rockledge player transferred to Cocoa. Rockledge also pulled in some transfers and already has a really good deal of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Including a running back who transferred in from Coconut Creek at some point last season I believe. Should be a pretty competitive game. 

Just now, KeemD321 said:

Only one Rockledge player transferred to Cocoa. Rockledge also pulled in some transfers and already has a really good deal of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Including a running back who transferred in from Coconut Creek at some point last season I believe. Should be a pretty competitive game. 

Pretty big change of scenery 

5 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

This has been happening for more than 20 years. There is a lot of truth to it. 

1 hour ago, Jambun82 said:

This has been happening for more than 20 years. There is a lot of truth to it. 

Exactly, so with that said I propose a question if Florida is Bar none With the BEST TALENT in the nation, why is it that most coaches that have been recruited to GA have very subpar coaching records in Florida with some pretty but maybe not “SUPER TEAM” talent. 

but then will get to GA and have another Solid team but not “SUPER” and all of a sudden he is running a POWER HOUSE program ???

is it possible the coaches down here don’t put it all on the line for the school they coach at “such as learning the game more, getting the most out their kids etc etc” because the lack of what they’re getting paid. ?

13 hours ago, Perspective said:

Buford is a public school with a student population of 1,500+ (1,543 in 2019-20).   They play in Georgia's second-highest classification (6A).  If their population has stayed the same, they likely would be one of the largest 5A schools (or possibly one of the smallest 6A schools) if they were located in Florida instead of Georgia. 

Chaminade-Madonna, on the other hand, is a private school in Florida that plays in the 3A classification (based on a student population of 480 in 2020).   So, based on student population, Buford is three times the size of Chaminade.  

If Chaminade were a public school, I would agree that student population is relevant.  However, they are a private school program with stunning facilities that cherry picks the best from other schools in a talent rich area, so they are actually at an advantage over public schools except maybe the ones that attract transfers themselves.   In Tampa Bay area, if you arent a traditional power team, you can pretty much expect any talented kids in your zoning area to get cherry picked by one of the private schools in the area.  It's why the bad teams can never seem to have that one or two good years mixed in with the bad seasons.