IMG 7-0 @ Auburn HS 8-1

Proseteye

For those that are interested IMG will be playing Auburn HS in Alabama Friday at 7 pm. It will be live on You Tube.

Auburn's only loss was a close game to 10-0 Central HS of Phenix City, AL. Auburn plays all of it's games in Alabama and apparently does not travel out of state like IMG does.

I watched Auburn against Bob Jones and they seem like a pretty disciplined team although don't know if they are in the same league as IMG.  

10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

For those that are interested IMG will be playing Auburn HS in Alabama Friday at 7 pm. It will be live on You Tube.

Auburn's only loss was a close game to 10-0 Central HS of Phenix City, AL. Auburn plays all of it's games in Alabama and apparently does not travel out of state like IMG does.

I watched Auburn against Bob Jones and they seem like a pretty disciplined team although don't know if they are in the same league as IMG.  

Img have zero fans 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

They pack stadiums all over the country when they play opponents out of state. And, they probably have more people in their home stands than are in attendance at many high school football games in Florida. 

And, I did state "for those that are interested" which you obviously are not. 

Yeah people from all over the world bc that's how they do it. Can't win with players in Florida only

49 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

This will be a relatively easy win for IMG. Even though Auburn was in the Alabama 7A title game last year, they are not on IMG's level. 

That's what I kind of thought. I also thought that East St. Louis would give IMG a tough go. Didn't happen. IMG is just in another universe when they are motivated to play their best. 

I've got a somewhat related question:  is there any sort of national championship playoffs?  I think the answer is "no," but I seem to recall someone (AllState?) trying to put together some interstate post-season games and I always thought that might one day morph into an elite 8 playoff system.  I just don't think that has happened yet, which brings me to my point.

Assume IMG continues to run the table and assume Mater Dei (the current No. 1 team in the country according to MaxPreps) does the same thing.  Does Mater Dei win the mythical national championship, and is IMG denied back-to-back titles, simply because Mater Dei started the season out No. 1 and IMG started out No. 2? 

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

That's what I kind of thought. I also thought that East St. Louis would give IMG a tough go. Didn't happen. IMG is just in another universe when they are motivated to play their best. 

It is almost impossible for a public school regardless of state and location within the state to compete with IMG. In fact, it is very, very difficult for an elite private school to compete with IMG. There are probably only two or three of them that could on a consistent basis and none of those are in the South East. 

There is a reason that St. Thomas Aquinas has avoided playing them.  

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Img have zero fans 

https://www.imgacademy.com/events/venues/img-academy-stadium

Doesn't look as though they have zero fans. The stadium seats 5,000. How would you know? Have you ever been to one of their games or do you just spread information about something you know nothing about like you normally do? 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It is almost impossible for a public school regardless of state and location within the state to compete with IMG. In fact, it is very, very difficult for an elite private school to compete with IMG. There are probably only two or three of them that could on a consistent basis and none of those are in the South East. 

There is a reason that St. Thomas Aquinas has avoided playing them.  

And they can't play Mater Dei anymore as their football association does not allow them to play against teams that are not permitted, by their football association (FHSAA), to play in the playoffs. At least that is how I read it. So far, St. Francis (Baltimore) and St. John's (DC) are the only teams that can play IMG on an equal footing. 

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

I've got a somewhat related question:  is there any sort of national championship playoffs?  I think the answer is "no," but I seem to recall someone (AllState?) trying to put together some interstate post-season games and I always thought that might one day morph into an elite 8 playoff system.  I just don't think that has happened yet, which brings me to my point.

Assume IMG continues to run the table and assume Mater Dei (the current No. 1 team in the country according to MaxPreps) does the same thing.  Does Mater Dei win the mythical national championship, and is IMG denied back-to-back titles, simply because Mater Dei started the season out No. 1 and IMG started out No. 2? 

Burger King had a national playoff several years back called the Burger King Bowl. Several out of state national powerhouses were invited at the time for the playoff. It was interesting but did it really decide a Mythical National Champion. Unless someone builds a football association I don't believe their will ever be a true national champion in High School Football.

The link;

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/florida-sweeps-burger-king-state-champions-bowl-series/

10 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Burger King had a national playoff several years back called the Burger King Bowl. Several out of state national powerhouses were invited at the time for the playoff. It was interesting but did it really decide a Mythical National Champion. Unless someone builds a football association I don't believe their will ever be a true national champion in High School Football.

The link;

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/florida-sweeps-burger-king-state-champions-bowl-series/

There will never be a true national champion in high school football.  That system would be harder to manage than a college playoff could ever wish to be.  50 different states with AT LEAST 50 different associations would all have to be aligned.  It would be cool though.  

12 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Thanks for the heads up feed (Youtube). IMG's offense was run only, weak passing game. Their #13 was a bulldozer. The young man was a Tyrone Moss clone (Pompano Beach Ely '03). They said he's headed to Penn St.

52 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Auburn performed much better than I thought and gave IMG a game. Hats off to them. 

Auburn is a very well coached team and, as I previously mentioned, well disciplined. IMG always manages to come back in the tail end of a game if they think they may lose. So many different offensive formations for Auburn but didn't seem to affect IMG as much as I thought it would. IMG's offensive line has got to allow Duffy more time in the pocket. Auburn was blitzing on almost every play and having some success. IMG's last game of the season is 11/19 at home against the nemeses St. Francis Academy out of Baltimore.  One of the only loses IMG has had was in 2019 35-7 against St. Francis.