South Florida Ref Scrimmages This Weekend

sflacoach

The South Florida referee scrimmages are this coming Friday and Saturday in Miami. Will be a great two days of scrimmages that will allow new refs some live practice and allow returning refs a chance to get better. (Thanks to SFHSSports for the full schedule) 

Friday at 3:30

Cardinal Gibbons vs Coral Gables

Somerset Academy (Pembroke Pines) vs Hialeah Gardens

Keys Gate vs North Miami

Hialeah vs Palmetto

Columbus vs Booker T Washington

Friday at 5:15

Boyd Anderson vs South Dade

Columbus vs Dillard

Belen Jesuit vs Reagan

Ferguson vs Palmetto

Hialeah-Miami Lakes vs Braddock

Killian vs Miami High

Friday at 7:00

Coconut Creek vs South Dade

Boyd Anderson vs Braddock

Ferguson vs Archbishop McCarthy

Killian vs Dillard

South Miami vs Mourning

Braddock vs Reagan

Saturday at 9:00

Miramar vs Oxbridge

Carol City vs Stranahan

International School of Broward vs Goleman

Fort Lauderdale vs Jackson

Belen Jesuit vs McArthur

Plantation vs Monarch

Saturday at 11:00

Belen Jesuit vs Oxbridge

Piper vs Jackson

Western vs Monarch

Carol City vs Fort Lauderdale

Miramar vs Stranahan

Plantation vs Columbus

Updated Schedule, courtesy SFHSSports. 

FRIDAY

3:30pm
Cardinal Gibbons vs. Coral Gables
Pembroke Pines Somerset Academy vs. Hialeah Gardens
Keys Gate Charter vs. North Miami
Coral Reef vs. North Miami Beach
Hialeah vs. Palmetto
Christopher Columbus vs. Booker T. Washington

5:15pm
Boyd Anderson vs. South Dade
Christopher Columbus vs. Dillard
Belen Jesuit vs. Ronald Reagan
Ferguson vs. Coral Park
Hialeah-Miami Lakes vs. Braddock
Killian vs. Miami High

7pm
Coconut Creek vs. Homestead
Boyd Anderson vs. Dr. Krop
Miami Springs vs. Archbishop McCarthy
Killian vs. Dillard
South Miami vs. Mourning
Braddock vs. Ronald Reagan

SATURDAY

9am
Miramar vs. Oxbridge
Carol City vs. Stranahan
International School of Broward vs. Goleman
Deerfield Beach vs. Jackson
Belen Jesuit vs. McArthur
Plantation vs. Monarch

11am
Belen Jesuit vs. Oxbridge
Piper vs. Jackson
Western vs. Monarch
Carol City vs. Fort Lauderdale
Miramar vs. Stranahan
Deerfield Beach vs. Southridge

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• https://x.com/Omar_Haugabook/status/1794633754444783687
    • 7-4 implies losing in the first round of the playoffs. Based on the brackets in the south, I can't see Columbus going one and done in the playoffs. Maybe 8-4 or 7-5 with a loss to Palmetto or similar team in the second round if you have really dropped off a lot. 
    • Oh, they tried we just looked bad. Looks like a big drop off this year. We have a 4 QBs battling for a starting position and our OLine lost quite a bit. Defense was suspect against a scrambling QB all night. We need a lot of work if we want to survive this schedule we have coming up. If you asked me right now, I'm thinking 7-4 season on the way.
    • My new team, South Lake  H. C. Brad Lord took a very heavy underclassmen squad into Foundation Academy,  which personally as a H.C, im 0-2, beat them convincingly 49-14. We only had 36 offensive plays. Q. B. Trey Kelly Rising Sophomore went 7-9, 1 dropped and 1 blocked, 212 yds and 2 Td's, The running backs rushed for 202yds 3 TD's  in only 27 carries. Where my old school Poinciana lost to Horizon 20-30. Poinciana only had 33 players on the official roster ( all time low, I had over 60). Cameron  Brown Had a great game throwing for 2 TD's and ! rushing TD, (great effort) IMHO Horizon , while being a great program, was down from last year, Also include that 32 didnt play in the first half. (he drove the ball right down the field in his first possession in the 3rd 1/4 and they scored ( not to take away from the efforts of their other running backs, they will be a force to be reckoned with. Horizon is not as good as they were last year (up front only). I am sure the coaches will make corrections and become way better in the fall. At the end of the day, PHS, still needs discipline on defense (too many stupid penalties) and a direction to work for.  Yes, I am being super critical, after spending 10 years trying to fix that program, what they (administration) did hurts. Not the new HC. fault, In fact I try to help him any way I can. PHS looks like a team led by a first year head coach who hasnt found his way yet. I truly hope they do. the HC is a great guy, just young and needs a lot of help understanding the ins and outs of HS football.    Im not hating,  (for the PHS head coach). I just want to see this different direction we are looking for!
  • Popular Contributors