FLA TOP 10

Floridatech

Sit down for this one....

Columbia don't want any of IMG - Trust me on that one.

I only brought it up when I heard they struggled with physicality and I remember first hand seeing how Bolles looked out of their heads from how hard we hit them sounded to me like one of our biggest strengths was one of img few weaknesses, fair point?

Another thing while I'm talking about Bolles, I heard all week how disciplined they were and they never give up easy penalties but when we got up on them they started having false starts and offside penalties, they get extremely frustrated when they get down against a team, they disciplined when things go their way but when things go wrong they just like any other team

Only thing I was pointing out was from reading the part of img complaining a few plays into the game about being hit too hard is that they are a more skilled and talented version of Bolles, both are talented but will fall apart if you hit them hard enough

OK let's forget the "physicality" for a moment....You generally would need a nationally elite Defense as well.  Sorry but Columbia is not a nationally elite defense.   It seems like whenever a team got into a shoot out with IMG last year it was a losing approach.  Although a pre-season game, AHP dictated the terms of the game from the get go and if I am not mistaken held IMG to 7 pts until mid-late 4th quarter.  Pretty much every other Defense IMG faced - they went through like butter.

Oh my gosh Columbiafan, you're driving me crazy. EVERYBODY plans on being physical to a degree. The problem is when the other person hits back and harder alot of times the original aggressor backs down and has had enough. Sure Columbia beat up on a school 4A(Bolles 779) with less than half of its own population 7A(Columbia 1900). Do you want a cookie, maybe we hold an award ceremony for the big regular season wins that Columbia get because they NEVER do it in the postseason. When teams can match physicality and have athletes, that is a really good team. IMG had the athletes but wasn't ready to match the physicality of AH. Just watch the Booker T game vs the Utah team a few years ago. Great illustration of Booker T having way more athletes but that school made it a tough physical game and almost won. Oh by the way, IMG would have destroyed Columbia. The same Viera that throttled Columbia at home lost to Cocoa who IMG beat by 40!!! Careful what you wish for.

Oh my gosh Columbiafan, you're driving me crazy. EVERYBODY plans on being physical to a degree. The problem is when the other person hits back and harder alot of times the original aggressor backs down and has had enough. Sure Columbia beat up on a school 4A(Bolles 779) with less than half of its own population 7A(Columbia 1900). Do you want a cookie, maybe we hold an award ceremony for the big regular season wins that Columbia get because they NEVER do it in the postseason. When teams can match physicality and have athletes, that is a really good team. IMG had the athletes but wasn't ready to match the physicality of AH. Just watch the Booker T game vs the Utah team a few years ago. Great illustration of Booker T having way more athletes but that school made it a tough physical game and almost won. Oh by the way, IMG would have destroyed Columbia. The same Viera that throttled Columbia at home lost to Cocoa who IMG beat by 40!!! Careful what you wish for.

Oh of course now you bring up the enrollment difference, you were one of the people that picked Bolles to win by 2 or more tds but after we blew them out you go and use that excuse for Bolles because You were like the Jacksonville "experts" who expected a loss but when Columbia made Bolles look weak then everyone had to scramble for a excuse, fine maybe we wouldn't beat img but don't give me that stupid excuse for Bolles, they were everyone pick to knock us down and they lost, stop making excuses for Bolles, they were a 6-0 team playing at home for homecoming who had beaten Deerfield beach who was a very talented 8a team and we went onto their million dollar field and embarrassed them. Plain and simple

I regret bringing up img since now I think about it they are not even to the same level of Bolles, Bolles is a team that beats up on small schools but when they play with alphas ready and hungry to play, they lose

Oh of course now you bring up the enrollment difference, you were one of the people that picked Bolles to win by 2 or more tds but after we blew them out you go and use that excuse for Bolles because You were like the Jacksonville "experts" who expected a loss but when Columbia made Bolles look weak then everyone had to scramble for a excuse, fine maybe we wouldn't beat img but don't give me that stupid excuse for Bolles, they were everyone pick to knock us down and they lost, stop making excuses for Bolles, they were a 6-0 team playing at home for homecoming who had beaten Deerfield beach who was a very talented 8a team and we went onto their million dollar field and embarrassed them. Plain and simple

I regret bringing up img since now I think about it they are not even to the same level of Bolles, Bolles is a team that beats up on small schools but when they play with alphas ready and hungry to play, they lose

When Bolles plays very good teams that are non non-alphas - they lose as well. Bolles played NO ALPHAS in 2015.

how do you figure that? IMG has got atleast 8 transfers in just this month and a bunch more over the course of the summer including 2 out of state 4 stars today that announced they're on their way to IMG

Steve.........I think Tampa 1 is referring to transfers from Florida. Armwood, without a doubt, does not have one out of state transfer to Armwood. I think that IMG has very few players recruited specifically from Florida. It's not beyond probability that Armwood does get more in state transfers than IMG. I would be willing to bet that many other Florida teams get more incoming players from Florida schools than IMG does. 

Alpha just means someone who is the Hunter and is aggressively going for the kill, don't have to be a state champ to be a alpha

Sure....and sometimes the hunter becomes the hunted. There are a few elite Defensive teams in the state that quickly dictate the terms of the game to any team but one another.

Bolles did not play any of those types of teams. You or Columbia cannot relate to that either.

TCA and Cocoa are those kind of teams..