Week 1 updates

cribboy305

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

in sf we got 

palmetto-0 homestead-12 4th quarter

stranahan loses 21-6 to life christian (expected)

western up 33-0 at the half against johns creek

booker t smashed killian 48-12

feel free to add on

Are y'all worried about Booker T.  this year 

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That was a solid win by BTW but it's worth noting Killian lost like 20 kids this off-season to transfer 

ofcourse but being that btw has alot of underclassmen including both rbs who are sophomores, they basically acquired that whole national championship team from overtown as 8th graders & its kinda reminding of a 2011 booker t team that did the same & we all know how that went. In my humble opinion they might be top 5 in 2m but time will tell. they got edison next week then central after which will tell a better story, all in all though watch out for them tornadoes. 

when you sit & think about the new classes its hard to think they did it for the better of the state lol. they did not want miami/broward running the table anymore in my imo because the more I look at how these districts & classes are made it just seems unfair. ultimately I understand but the level of competition in 2m compared to anything else is crazy

7 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

when you sit & think about the new classes its hard to think they did it for the better of the state lol. they did not want miami/broward running the table anymore in my imo because the more I look at how these districts & classes are made it just seems unfair. ultimately I understand but the level of competition in 2m compared to anything else is crazy

If they had went by winning percentage to form the divisions you would have had the same teams together most likely but if the state had not allowed the transfers to get out of hand then This wouldn't have been necessary

Despite what guys like Luther Campbell said, this wasn't some conspiracy to attack SFL and transfers aren't just a SFL problem it's a rural vs everyone else problem

And why is it that Dade wants to say they take on all comers during the season yet want to share a class with Lake Minneola, Baker County and Merritt Island to win state? I thought they would like the idea of actually facing real competition in the finals instead of being able to brag to a camera how it's "too easy" after one TD in a game 

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If they had went by winning percentage to form the divisions you would have had the same teams together most likely but if the state had not allowed the transfers to get out of hand then This wouldn't have been necessary

Despite what guys like Luther Campbell said, this wasn't some conspiracy to attack SFL and transfers aren't just a SFL problem it's a rural vs everyone else problem

And why is it that Dade wants to say they take on all comers during the season yet want to share a class with Lake Minneola, Baker County and Merritt Island to win state? I thought they would like the idea of actually facing real competition in the finals instead of being able to brag to a camera how it's "too easy" after one TD in a game 

I agree the transfers did get out of control so ultimately I guess that could be used as a crutch. saying that its rural vs everybody tho is a stretch. 1 school in one large area(ex. madison) is not the same as 10 schools in a 30 mile radius. (ex. miami). rural schools have it easier. they get whoever they want & don’t have to play a quality opponent til state. 

I dont know where this notion comes from where you think we want it easier. this format of classifications is brand new. from 2018 on down it was basically the same thing as now. was it not a span of about 6years the best 3 teams in the state resided in 6a & had to play eachother twice every year to get to the big game? So we don’t care who we play honestly, its the fact that you guys up north play no one all year and now you have it even easier playing in a suburban league with even more nobodies (no offense to those teams). 

It is what it is honestly. It just could’ve been done way better. there’s a good amount of quality teams just in dade & broward alone & they all are up against one another. we see these kids play eachother every week. why when merrit island ir columbia is dominating in their region its fine til they get smashed by one of us and now its an issue with transfers & every other excuse. its too much politics, lets get back to football

25 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

I agree the transfers did get out of control so ultimately I guess that could be used as a crutch. saying that its rural vs everybody tho is a stretch. 1 school in one large area(ex. madison) is not the same as 10 schools in a 30 mile radius. (ex. miami). rural schools have it easier. they get whoever they want & don’t have to play a quality opponent til state. 

I dont know where this notion comes from where you think we want it easier. this format of classifications is brand new. from 2018 on down it was basically the same thing as now. was it not a span of about 6years the best 3 teams in the state resided in 6a & had to play eachother twice every year to get to the big game? So we don’t care who we play honestly, its the fact that you guys up north play no one all year and now you have it even easier playing in a suburban league with even more nobodies (no offense to those teams). 

It is what it is honestly. It just could’ve been done way better. there’s a good amount of quality teams just in dade & broward alone & they all are up against one another. we see these kids play eachother every week. why when merrit island ir columbia is dominating in their region its fine til they get smashed by one of us and now its an issue with transfers & every other excuse. its too much politics, lets get back to football

Lol Ik you didn't say nothing about Jax TCA !! But don't lump us in with the rest of north fl  lol we play anybody that wants to play us !!! 

We've played BTW , COCOA, PAHOKEE,  CAROL CITY, IMG 3times and beat them once, Venice, Buford Georgia, Colquitt County Georgia, chaminade Madonna, American heritage plantation, bolles , Eastside Catholic Washington st...

We will literally play anybody. Not saying we always gonna win but we definitely gonna play lol 

Just throwing that out there

22 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Transfers were getting out of hand up here too but it wasn't as publicized as it was in SFL so people assumed it was just a SFL issue 

Jacksonville probably is as bad as much of SFL but the media up here cover it up so people don't realize how bad the transfers are here, and rural teams may have to deal with less poachers but don't act like teams like MNW and Central aren't taking 10-15 FBS every off-season

If you can point to any county west of Jacksonville and east of Tallahassee that has 10-15 FBS players going to a single school in one off-season I'll leave this board LMAO

Hell I would probably have to combine Suwannee, Columbia, Hamilton, Union, Baker and Madison County together to attempt to get 10-15 FBS players for the ENTIRE AREA 

And again my point is why would Central even want to play teams that as you are basically saying are clearly inferior?

28 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

And I don't have an issue with SFL, at least they are honest about their transfers unlike those Jacksonville publics 

My issue has always been that people are ignoring the real cause of the imbalance and think making less classifications or champs/runner up or all that other garbage will somehow fix it, the problem is still gonna exist as long as you have schools who can get 10-15 FBS transfers in the same off-season on top of an already loaded roster and facing teams from counties who don't even have 10 FBS players within a 50 mile radius 

Then people wonder why attendance at states sucks, I wouldn't want to watch STA play Buchholz or Miami Central play Baker County

I would rather watch STA play Central because that's the only way you can put the 4 teams together and actually get a competitive game 

33 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Lol Ik you didn't say nothing about Jax TCA !! But don't lump us in with the rest of north fl  lol we play anybody that wants to play us !!! 

We've played BTW , COCOA, PAHOKEE,  CAROL CITY, IMG 3times and beat them once, Venice, Buford Georgia, Colquitt County Georgia, chaminade Madonna, American heritage plantation, bolles , Eastside Catholic Washington st...

We will literally play anybody. Not saying we always gonna win but we definitely gonna play lol 

Just throwing that out there

facts dawg lol ian mean to lump the whole north in one. Ikno its some real squads up there, was speaking in a more general sense. TCA & bolles always got my respect, they play football. 

28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And I don't have an issue with SFL, at least they are honest about their transfers unlike those Jacksonville publics 

My issue has always been that people are ignoring the real cause of the imbalance and think making less classifications or champs/runner up or all that other garbage will somehow fix it, the problem is still gonna exist as long as you have schools who can get 10-15 FBS transfers in the same off-season on top of an already loaded roster and facing teams from counties who don't even have 10 FBS players within a 50 mile radius 

Then people wonder why attendance at states sucks, I wouldn't want to watch STA play Buchholz or Miami Central play Baker County

I would rather watch STA play Central because that's the only way you can put the 4 teams together and actually get a competitive game 

no I get what you saying, & you right but it’s not that we want to play the sorry teams. We been wanting lakeland & edgewater & other powers from up top to come to dade but they just don’t want to. we get tired of beating up on eachother & then other parts of the states feel some type of way because they don’t get shown no love in rankings and matchups. 

Just now, cribboy305 said:

no I get what you saying, & you right but it’s not that we want to play the sorry teams. We been wanting lakeland & edgewater & other powers from up top to come to dade but they just don’t want to. we get tired of beating up on eachother & then other parts of the states feel some type of way because they don’t get shown no love in rankings and matchups. 

s/o teams like venice & lake gibson who look for that competition down south cause at the end of the season it only makes those kids better for the playoffs

18 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Columbia was set to do a home and home with Edison but the AD blocked it even after Columbia offered to give them travel assistance for this year before returning the trip

22 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

no I get what you saying, & you right but it’s not that we want to play the sorry teams. We been wanting lakeland & edgewater & other powers from up top to come to dade but they just don’t want to.

Last time I checked, those roads run in both directions.   :P    Yeah, I know . . . a team north of Dade still has to agree to play the Dade team. 

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia was set to do a home and home with Edison but the AD blocked it even after Columbia offered to give them travel assistance for this year before returning the trip

edison is real light on funds. I dont even knkw how they in 2m. they enrollment dropped alot with about 950 students showing up for first week of school. Luke gotta do something about that but it first starts at the top with the priniciple & staff

16 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Last time I checked, those roads run in both directions.   :P    Yeah, I know . . . a team north of Dade still has to agree to play the Dade team. 

Thing is lakeland refuses to travel, we always come to them. They even bucked carol city out of a home & home at the last second & still lost.

17 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Thing is lakeland refuses to travel, we always come to them. They even bucked carol city out of a home & home at the last second & still lost.

I hear you.   Some schools just refuse to travel.   For some, it's about the economics - the money they make on a home game (even if they have to give a little of it away to entice an opponent to travel) vs. the money they don't make on a road game.  For others, it's just arrogance ("why should we travel and play you at your field?").   On the flip side, not every team can afford to travel.  No easy answers. 

6 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I hear you.   Some schools just refuse to travel.   For some, it's about the economics - the money they make on a home game (even if they have to give a little of it away to entice an opponent to travel) vs. the money they don't make on a road game.  For others, it's just arrogance ("why should we travel and play you at your field?").   On the flip side, not every team can afford to travel.  No easy answers. 

Yep, is what it is. 

59 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

edison is real light on funds. I dont even knkw how they in 2m. they enrollment dropped alot with about 950 students showing up for first week of school. Luke gotta do something about that but it first starts at the top with the priniciple & staff

950 students Less than that lol