2023 Schedules

Joshua Wilson

Everyone... 

I am working on posting 2023 Schedules via this link. I am having to round them up and get them from teams so please be patient with me. Also, note some schedules I had already and now they have changed due to the FHSAA deciding on a midcycle reclassification with less than 50 days out on at least one team and now is causing a domino effect. 

LINK: https://floridahsfootball.com/schedules/ (YES YOU CAN VIEW THIS FOR FREE)

@nolebull813

2 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Working on them. Have had a domino effect of teams dropping teams last second. Think at least 20 schedules were effected across the board in various classifications alone. 

Josh, don't forget about the power of the asterisk.   

* Schedules are never "final" and are always subject to change.  

B)

Joshua, in your interaction with coaches have any talked about how the heat wave we are dealing with is affecting the recent practice sessions?   Based on my observations it has been brutal, especially those afternoon sessions most teams are locked into due to teachers reporting back a week earlier than the school start date.  Does the FHSAA have any limitations or protocols addressing this issue which doesn't appear to be going away soon?  It has always been hot this time of year, but it appears to be over the top day after day.  Just wondering??

43 minutes ago, Beek said:

Wet bulb would have precluded us from having padded practice yesterday. Being as it was open house we did photo shoot day and some weight room. We strictly adhere to the wet bulb and lightning protocol.

Thanks for the response Coach, as EP made mention of the same "WET BULB"?   Did your team manage to get the practice in this afternoon with this heat?   I did see the FHSAA lays out some protocols in their REGS regarding practice in the FL summer. Watching the kids work in these conditions does make one have great respect for EVERY ONE of them making the sacrifice. 

12 hours ago, Beek said:

Yes, we were able to go outside, Wet Bulb was at 87 and once the lightning cleared we made it outside about 4:15. We only practiced in uppers for part of the time, then just went helmets, wasnt too hot for pads by wet bulb.  but it was insanely hot to keep kids padded up for a long time. 

Probably 90+% of kids from my generation grew up without A/C in our FL homes, so we were probably a bit more acclimated to the heat.  Due to lack of year-round structure for football, we were also relegated to 2-A-Days to put the necessary work in to field a team.  Seems like there also was more contact/hitting at practice than we see today.  It is good to see that coaches like ours do take SAFETY into account much more today than in yesteryear.  As previously stated, I do attend practices pretty regularly and it has always been hot.  Just seems worse this year, thus my concern.

Just returned from the afternoon Kowboy practice and today the protocol seemed to be No Helmets, No Pads and reduced practice duration.  I would think many of the statewide teams are having to adapt to this reality.   One thing for sure, coaches won't have a difficult time figuring out who really wants to play football. 

38 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Is anyone concerned that KOC games (or even Week 1 games) could be canceled or postponed by the heat? 

I strongly doubt it. This is south Florida in august it’s always hot as hell. 

and games are at 7:00pm depending on where some games are 7:30pm the sun is going down at that point. The biggest worry is the thunderstorms we tend to get round this time of year 

18 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I strongly doubt it. This is south Florida in august it’s always hot as hell. 

and games are at 7:00pm depending on where some games are 7:30pm the sun is going down at that point. The biggest worry is the thunderstorms we tend to get round this time of year 

Yeah, late afternoon thunderstorms have always been a problem in the Tampa Bay area, but weather patterns have been different this year and we haven't been getting them like in years past.  Of course, as soon as I say that, things will change and the late afternoon storms will start kicking up next week.  :P

As for the "it's always hot as hell," I agree with you.   My only concern is that the "wet bulb" rule is relatively new.  Teams in this area practicing late afternoon have been forced to go without pads and/or helmets . . . kind of hard to do that with a game.   Sun is setting now around 8:15, so maybe they'll just have to push the kickoffs back a little.  Let's hope so.

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

Yeah, late afternoon thunderstorms have always been a problem in the Tampa Bay area, but weather patterns have been different this year and we haven't been getting them like in years past.  Of course, as soon as I say that, things will change and the late afternoon storms will start kicking up next week.  :P

As for the "it's always hot as hell," I agree with you.   My only concern is that the "wet bulb" rule is relatively new.  Teams in this area practicing late afternoon have been forced to go without pads and/or helmets . . . kind of hard to do that with a game.   Sun is setting now around 8:15, so maybe they'll just have to push the kickoffs back a little.  Let's hope so.

We’ve been getting afternoon thunderstorms dam near everyday lately down this way. As far as pushing kick off back , they should but they won’t lol 

WET BULB strikes again.  Kids hit the practice field briefly before being waved back inside.   Students returned to school today in many counties including ours, so morning practices are not an option but may have to consider a Saturday morning for the next couple of weeks to squeeze in time required to prepare for season.  Only brought this topic up originally early in this thread as I know "Heat Exhaustion" protocols are in place and now they are certainly affecting what coaches can and cannot do. 

3 hours ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Lots of schedules are about to change in Miami Dade County, on 9/22 weekend, because someone overlooked the Jewish holiday. Columbus has to reschedule the MNW game now...

We were asked to move and gladly did, our game vs Horizon as Rash Hashanah starts on 9/15, which is a friday, So we moved the varsity game to 9/14