Vero Beach vs Miami Northwestern

Vero Indian

5 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

In what way does vero seem like they will pull away from the bulls? They had a good win against dwyer but iits dwyer… so how is that really a measuring stick 

Vero has a South Florida QB who can sling the ball pretty well, play at home, and have a bunch of solidly rated transfers. I see this VB team as one of its best in the last 20 or so years. MNW lost a very, very good back to Central and got dominated by Chaminade. Now I am not comparing the Indians to the Lions, but I think the Indians are a very solid team with a chip on its shoulder. I still believe this will be a very competitive game that MNW can easily win. But I don't see a Northwestern blowout win. 

If I had to forecast this game for betting purposes, I see an 80% probability that the game is won by either team within a margin of 10 points. I only see a probability of 5% that this ends in a blowout by either team (28 points or more), but if a blowout occurs, I think it is twice as likely that MNW is on the receiving end of it (about a 3.3% chance this happens).

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Vero has a South Florida QB who can sling the ball pretty well, play at home, and have a bunch of solidly rated transfers. I see this VB team as one of its best in the last 20 or so years. MNW lost a very, very good back to Central and got dominated by Chaminade. Now I am not comparing the Indians to the Lions, but I think the Indians are a very solid team with a chip on its shoulder. I still believe this will be a very competitive game that MNW can easily win. But I don't see a Northwestern blowout win. 

If I had to forecast this game for betting purposes, I see an 80% probability that the game is won by either team within a margin of 10 points. I only see a probability of 5% that this ends in a blowout by either team (28 points or more), but if a blowout occurs, I think it is twice as likely that MNW is on the receiving end of it (about a 3.3% chance this happens).

I can live with this analysis 

7 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

thats good & all but the kid never started down here, I dont know the full story but he aint do a thing in south florida, you would have to take that into account. He maybe has the intangibles but it may just unravel playing against the west. idc for probability, football isn’t math. them kids gone have to come out & show they can play 4 quarters. I hope vero is ready.

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

thats good & all but the kid never started down here, I dont know the full story but he aint do a thing in south florida, you would have to take that into account. He maybe has the intangibles but it may just unravel playing against the west. idc for probability, football isn’t math. them kids gone have to come out & show they can play 4 quarters. I hope vero is ready.

If it wasn't Apopka's first game of the season against a neighboring rival, I would make the trip for this game. I think it will be a good one and may answer a number of questions. One factor I have ignored in my analysis is: will them VB kids allow the Miami mystique to get into their heads? If they do, it could spell their doom. 

One thing that Apopka has always been able to do is to see each game as the same as any other. When it lines up each opponent is just another team with strengths and weakness. The job is always to contain their strengths and attack the weaknesses.

5 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

I see this being a Good game with both teams having to come ready to play all 4 quarters. This isn’t the dominant west of old and vero isn’t a team that’s a “Automatic Win” 

the west after getting blown out by chaminade 2 years in a row is of course gonna come out with a chip on their shoulder , but the Indians are very good at home & even beat chaminade at home a few years back so they’ll be ready. I can’t wait to see the result of this one. 

6 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

I hope yall ready 

On 8/20/2023 at 8:40 PM, Vero Indian said:

Right now it look like we're the underdogs because everyone is picking against, (but when we win convincingly I wonder if we'll get full credit for the win).....

Basically this is a rematch from a spring game loss in 2012, that was the last time Northwestern came up to Vero. From what I've seen from Vero against Dwyer last week especially in the second half is if we play to our potential, we'll be unstoppable...I saw speed from the backs, receivers catching deep balls successfully and the QB has the arm power of a true 4 star.....If we play a near penalty free game on offense, I think we can run away with the game, this Vero offense can start at the 10 yard line and end up 1st and goal within seconds of play, I haven't seen that kind of precised execution since 2016.....

My prediction for the game is a slow running clock, I'm not releasing the prediction number until the middle of the week 

Bulls fans I have respect for yall program I look forward to chillin with the 305 and that's coming from a 954 kid who went to school in Vero

35-0 Vero win 

4 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

35-0 Vero win 

Im rooting for Vero but I dont see Miami Northwestern losing similar to Dwyer.

This is a completely different team.

I see Vero either pulling the game out in a nail bitter or NorthWestern pulling away in the second half.

It will be a lot closer then that prediction, I feel like many people think NW is a subpar team due to there performance against Chaminade.

Chaminade doing that same beat down to 90% of the state.

40 minutes ago, ohs vargas said:

I see Vero either pulling the game out in a nail bitter or NorthWestern pulling away in the second half.

It will be a lot closer then that prediction, I feel like many people think NW is a subpar team due to there performance against Chaminade.

& then get blown out by national competition that’s crazy lol. This should be a great game tho 

48 minutes ago, ohs vargas said:

So basically u got us as underdogs 

2 hours ago, ohs vargas said:

Hope Vero also wins, but I agree with your take on Chaminade being a different animal and having the ability to put this kind of beatdown on all but a handful of teams. 

2 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Vero refs are something else I see. Just called an invincible block in the back. Literally no one was touched. I see yall a lil like lakeland but kno that it wont save yall. Cheaters never win

I know you talking about the punt return for a TD, that was a horrible call on the refs part