21. Miami Palmetto (NR)

22. Bishop Verot (-3)

23. Benjamin (NR)

24. Armwood (-9)

25. Apopka (-11)

Dropped out 

#18 Mandarin 

#21 Vero Beach 

Dam @nolebull813 after that signature win by Dillard last night I thought most def we would be in the TOP 25 at around the 20-25 range. 

especially since coconut creek is up there. Creek beat a overhyped western team that is equivalent to Miramar. 

Like western Miramar has been ranked in every poll all year. Around the 12-15 range in the top 15 south Florida. But aye I still respect your list GO DILLARD!

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dam @nolebull813 after that signature win by Dillard last night I thought most def we would be in the TOP 25 at around the 20-25 range. 

especially since coconut creek is up there. Creek beat a overhyped western team that is equivalent to Miramar. 

Like western Miramar has been ranked in every poll all year. Around the 12-15 range in the top 15 south Florida. But aye I still respect your list GO DILLARD!

In my opinion, he should have put Dillard on the list of teams on the bubble, bunched with Monarch, Atlantic, Homestead, etc. That way if Dillard continues to win, and teams in the top 25 fumble, you would be in a good position to reenter the top 25. As he has Gibbons in the bubble list, it would be difficult for him to put Dillard in the top 25. 

If Dillard performs well against Chaminade and St. Thomas, I think it would be very difficult to exclude them even if they lost both games in fairly tight matches. 

9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Just curious, outside your own poll which polls is Miramar showing as a top 20-25 range team?  They weren't in the poll Nolebull813 put out "LAST WEEK" and they certainly aren't in the MaxPrep poll from "LAST WEEK"; it ranked them #87.  If anything they will drop more when the newest polls come out this week.   The only top 25 team Dillard has played thus far is CG as even Naples was ranked in the '80's last week, so not really getting the "Tough Schedule" to date.  Yes, you have a couple of doozies down the road, but thru this weekend, not so much. But nonetheless, congrats on a good win.  

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

In my opinion, he should have put Dillard on the list of teams on the bubble, bunched with Monarch, Atlantic, Homestead, etc. That way if Dillard continues to win, and teams in the top 25 fumble, you would be in a good position to reenter the top 25. As he has Gibbons in the bubble list, it would be difficult for him to put Dillard in the top 25. 

If Dillard performs well against Chaminade and St. Thomas, I think it would be very difficult to exclude them even if they lost both games in fairly tight matches. 

Unfortunately, those games you mention that are coming up is the reason for the strength of schedule; but they haven't been played and who really believes they will be competitive.  Nothing justifies them being top 25 on any poll and you and I tend to agree on most analysis. 

8 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Just curious, outside your own poll which polls is Miramar showing as a top 20-25 range team?  They weren't in the poll Nolebull813 put out "LAST WEEK" and they certainly aren't in the MaxPrep poll from "LAST WEEK"; it ranked them #87.  If anything they will drop more when the newest polls come out this week.   The only top 25 team Dillard has played thus far is CG as even Naples was ranked in the '80's last week, so not really getting the "Tough Schedule" to date.  Yes, you have a couple of doozies down the road, but thru this weekend, not so much. But nonetheless, congrats on a good win.  

I was talking about neighborhood south Florida polls like 305cribs & etc. but nonetheless I feel what you’re saying. 

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I was talking about neighborhood south Florida polls like 305cribs & etc. but nonetheless I feel what you’re saying. 

NP, as I am happy with the win for you guys as it was a quality win.  There is no shame in losing the 2 big challenges you have ahead as 99% of the schools would fair no better. 

There are some indications I've picked up on that lead me to think Lakeland is now overrated. Not so much the margin over a weak WInter Haven team (L was without its QB and top three RBs), but some attitude questions. Granted, there are a bunch of teams outside of the top tier which are hard to make distinctions for at this point. But, I'm not optimistic about this Lakeland team in 4S. I think Venice, TC and Buchholz are all major threats. And I'm not sure about how much fight and "dog" this year's Lakeland team has. It's possible the two losses turned some front-runners off. IDK

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

There are some indications I've picked up on that lead me to think Lakeland is now overrated. Not so much the margin over a weak WInter Haven team (L was without its QB and top three RBs), but some attitude questions. Granted, there are a bunch of teams outside of the top tier which are hard to make distinctions for at this point. But, I'm not optimistic about this Lakeland team in 4S. I think Venice, TC and Buchholz are all major threats. And I'm not sure about how much fight and "dog" this year's Lakeland team has. It's possible the two losses turned some front-runners off. IDK

Why were the QB and RB's out?  Injury, discipline or other reason and what will the duration be?

47 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Why were the QB and RB's out?  Injury, discipline or other reason and what will the duration be?

Rb Markell Johnhson was being held out/rested and will be back this week. RB Rucker was slightly airborne and got drilled on the arm/elbow. Game was delayed ~20 minutes and he was taken to a hospital. Word is a dislocated elbow. He might be back for playoffs. RB Henderson (had the improbable TD run at Osceola) got banged up and should be back. The QB fell on a fumble and landed awkwardly on a shoulder that was previously injured. He was held out for precautionary reasons (and there may or may not be something more to the story), likely spooked after seeing Rucker carted off to the hospital.

I haven't seen any major disciplinary issues like last year. Last year two of the best defenders (a DL and that DB at CU) were both suspended for 3rd and 4th round playoff games. (Never seen major starters suspended by the staff for major playoff games, probably helps explain a couple of coaches' retirements). I just want to see the team play selflessly and with fire. They did that for the Norland game and the first 3 quarters of SJP. But, losing those games may have altered the morale of the team. I could be wrong on all of this. But, I am not very optimistic at the moment. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I just can’t shake Dillard getting blown out by Naples and then Naples losing to something called Golden Gate. I know the game was close to the end and then Dillard had the wheels completely fall off but that shouldn’t happen to a top 25 team against an equal opponent. 

and then they get truly blown out by a team I don’t have in the top 25 as well.

So Dillard isn’t even close to the top 25 right now. With two blowouts against unranked teams.

Miramar played garbage except the team they lost to. Coral Glades, and Flanagan? LMAO!

on what planet does Miramar and Dillards résumé warrant a top 25 ranking?

3 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

Lakeland was very workmanlike against a depleted Osceola when I saw them live. As an outsider, I did not see anything that gave me great cause for concern. They looked like a team that should at the very least get to the final four. 

1. Cham

2. Norland

3. Central

4. AHP

5. Columbus

6. Cocoa

7. STA

8. Seminole

9. Edge

10. BTW

11. Mainland 

12. Treasure Coast

13. Venice

14. Homestead 

15. Lakeland 

16. Sumner

17. St Aug

18. CCC

19. Cardinal Newman

20. Buchholtz 

21. TBT

22. Palmetto

23. Lake Mary

24. Gibbons

25. Berkeley Prep

HONORABLE RECOGNITION: Titusville 

37 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Lakeland was very workmanlike against a depleted Osceola when I saw them live. As an outsider, I did not see anything that gave me great cause for concern. They looked like a team that should at the very least get to the final four. 

They have the manpower to win 4S. But, I'm not sure how they'll respond to adversity when it shows up again. I thought they did well vs. Norland in that regard, and to a lesser degree vs. SJP.

Playoff seedings will of course be key. IMO, no one is going to go to Citizens Field and beat Buchholz. But, Buchholz playing at Venice or Bryant stadium is a different story. And the above is true for Venice, Lakeland and maybe TC as well. Whoever hosts those playoff games is going to win IMO.

4 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

They have the manpower to win 4S. But, I'm not sure how they'll respond to adversity when it shows up again. I thought they did well vs. Norland in that regard, and to a lesser degree vs. SJP.

Playoff seedings will of course be key. IMO, no one is going to go to Citizens Field and beat Buchholz. But, Buchholz playing at Venice or Bryant stadium is a different story. And the above is true for Venice, Lakeland and maybe TC as well. Whoever hosts those playoff games is going to win IMO.

I agree that seeding is going to be very important in determining which two teams get to Tally. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I just can’t shake Dillard getting blown out by Naples and then Naples losing to something called Golden Gate. I know the game was close to the end and then Dillard had the wheels completely fall off but that shouldn’t happen to a top 25 team against an equal opponent. 

So Dillard isn’t even close to the top 25 right now. With two blowouts against unranked teams.

Miramar played garbage except the team they lost to. Coral Glades, and Flanagan? LMAO!

The Golden Gate is a beauty to behold. I personally lived in San Francisco for two years, and admired it often. I wouldn't doubt the majesty that is the Golden Gate.

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I agree that seeding is going to be very important in determining which two teams get to Tally. 

Which is why it is unfortunate that the seeding formula is both a mystery and highly questionable. Calpreps has both Treasure Coast and Buchholz ahead of both Lakeland and Venice. In the calpreps formula, both Venice and Treasure Coast will be harmed significantly by Cocoa's defeat of STA being recorded as a loss for Cocoa. Cocoa gets dinged- as the result amounts to -15 of STA's rating- for a game where they defeated the opponent. This means all of Cocoa's opponents also get hurt. Venice is very far down in calpreps at the moment.

Granted, we can't be sure how the FHSAA ratings may differ from the calpreps formula they start with before removing margin of victory.

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

& that’s a fair assessment as well. But if you’re gonna use that logic creek shouldn’t be up there either. Yes they beat western & plantation but what quality wins does they have ? 

At the end of the day Miramar is a solid opponent. Great defense beat Edison 21-0 & lost by 6 to a very good out of state school. No they’re not central or chaminade but it was a quality win. 

11 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

1. Chaminade (-)

2. Miami Central (-)

3. Norland (-)

4. AHP (-)

5. STA (+2)

6. Cocoa (-1)

7. Columbus (-1)

8. Edgewater (+2)

9. Seminole (-)

10. Lakeland (+2)

11. Booker T (+1)