Treasure Coast Area Football

Vero Indian

I don't know fellas, right now this area looks weak especially with the way the top 3 teams have taken 4 fat L's in a row recently....

Vero Beach 45-20 loss at home

Treasure Coast 42-6 loss @ STA

Treasure Coast 38-0 loss @ Cocoa

Jensen Beach 24-0 loss against Benjamin 

I don't what's going on in the area but this isn't good if they can't compete with other top teams across the state of Florida. Right now Treasure Coast reminds me of Fort Pierce Central from a decade ago, schedule tough but loss majority of the bigger match ups 

4 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

I don't know fellas, right now this area looks weak especially with the way the top 3 teams have taken 4 fat L's in a row recently....

Vero Beach 45-20 loss at home

Treasure Coast 42-6 loss @ STA

Treasure Coast 38-0 loss @ Cocoa

Jensen Beach 24-0 loss against Benjamin 

I don't what's going on in the area but this isn't good if they can't compete with other top teams across the state of Florida. Right now Treasure Coast reminds me of Fort Pierce Central from a decade ago, schedule tough but loss majority of the bigger match ups 

Treasure Coast got beaten up by Cocoa only because they have played a brutal schedule and couldn't sustain it. They desperately needed a bye week and now they finally have it to try to win their district.

Vero Beach needed a game like 2 weeks ago against Sanford Seminole, where you get beat by a better team and learn from your mistakes. Obviously, losing by 25 points at home hurts but there's a lot more to learn from a loss than going undefeated every year. Vero is better from just playing that game and it will help them come playoff time if they hope to make it out of their region.

Benjamin is a pretty good football team. They beat CAI earlier this year. Jensen Beach losing that game isn't the end of the world. 

I watched Vero against Central this evening. There's something off kilter with Vero. They won 45-6, and yes, FPC is really bad, but Vero had 3 turnovers and gave up multiple sacks. I've seen them against Dwyer (preseason), Miami NW, Palm Beach Gardens, Sanford, and now FPC. They've looked nothing like what I thought they would this year, and just seem really unorganized and lacking intensity except for the Miami NW game. 

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

I watched Vero against Central this evening. There's something off kilter with Vero. They won 45-6, and yes, FPC is really bad, but Vero had 3 turnovers and gave up multiple sacks. I've seen them against Dwyer (preseason), Miami NW, Palm Beach Gardens, Sanford, and now FPC. They've looked nothing like what I thought they would this year, and just seem really unorganized and lacking intensity except for the Miami NW game. 

Totally agree even with less talent other years the team has always seemed “together” every game this year looks like a Spring game or Kickoff Classic, like there’s not a lot of chemistry between everyone on the team, it feels different this year for whatever reason.

9 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Listening to the game- according to the radio guys: the coaching staff is aware of the effort/intensity/cohesiveness issues that have plagued Vero all season, and apparently tore into the players at halftime despite them being up 30-6. It didn’t seem to help as they still played with the same in the second half. 

on a side note: I don’t know why Vero isn’t using the Palm Bay transfer Octavion Osby more, he’s a senior, runs hard and make the most of his limited opportunities. For some reason they chose to primarily use the sophomore Hillsman as their featured back. 

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Actually you can even go back to the spring game against Palm Bay Heritage, they just haven't been looking right this year, FPC dominated one qt while Palm Bay and Jensen Beach both shutout FPC @ FPC

28 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Treasure Coast was one of the most impressive teams in the state until their last two games.  It looks like that absolutely brutal schedule is taking a toll?  Are they injured/beat up right now?

Had a TC dad's number but lost it, he would give me the scoops on if they're  healthy or not

Not gonna lie, TC reminds me of FPC a decade ago, would schedule tough schedules and not make it out alive

14 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Treasure Coast was one of the most impressive teams in the state until their last two games.  It looks like that absolutely brutal schedule is taking a toll?  Are they injured/beat up right now?

15 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Treasure Coast won early games that weren't necessarily expected, thus the hype that was built up from their start.  The opening game of the season was against us for a 22-8 win at their place on a lousy field, where you could barely see the yard markers or sidelines and questionable officiating.  We were missing several impact players due to injury including our all state RB and poor QB output due to youth and inexperience thus limited offense.  They got 2 quick TD's in the first quarter on short fields having to travel 50 yards or less each time with both drives aided by major penalties that picked up half the yardage needed, so only needed to gain 25 yards to score.  Their offense never scored again, despite our defense being on the field most of the game as we only managed the one score.  Their final score was a short fumble recovery returned for a TD.  As I stated after the game, though losing they didn't seem like a championship caliber team to me and have since felt like they have been overrated all year.  We also have played Lakeland at home and watching both these games/teams in person, in my humble opinion the Naughts are the superior team without a doubt.  Again, not my intent to demean any team, just express my humble opinion that they were never one of the most impressive teams in the state and their recent losses have nothing to do with the "Brutal" schedule. 

16 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Treasure Coast won early games that weren't necessarily expected, thus the hype that was built up from their start.  The opening game of the season was against us for a 22-8 win at their place on a lousy field, where you could barely see the yard markers or sidelines and questionable officiating.  We were missing several impact players due to injury including our all state RB and poor QB output due to youth and inexperience thus limited offense.  They got 2 quick TD's in the first quarter on short fields having to travel 50 yards or less each time with both drives aided by major penalties that picked up half the yardage needed, so only needed to gain 25 yards to score.  Their offense never scored again, despite our defense being on the field most of the game as we only managed the one score.  Their final score was a short fumble recovery returned for a TD.  As I stated after the game, though losing they didn't seem like a championship caliber team to me and have since felt like they have been overrated all year.  We also have played Lakeland at home and watching both these games/teams in person, in my humble opinion the Naughts are the superior team without a doubt.  Again, not my intent to demean any team, just express my humble opinion that they were never one of the most impressive teams in the state and their recent losses have nothing to do with the "Brutal" schedule. 

I formed my opinion on TC after they dropped 66 on a Jesuit team that has since shown it still is formidable.  

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

You're probably right

50 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Treasure Coast is still as good as advertised. Their brutal schedule has caught up to them and their bye week could not have come at a better time. They will be just fine. 

What will determine that is how quickly they strike against FPC, I warned them that Brian Piccolo would take their soul, week later Cocoa finished it.... 

TC has an open date, then FPC and Centennial before Vero, so that's almost like three open dates and they should be good shape when Vero comes to town. STA and Cocoa are maybe 2 of the top 4 teams in the state in any division, so I wasn't surprised they lost like they did. As for THE Benjamin School and Jensen, that went about like I expected too. Jensen's defense did a commendable job, but couldn't get anything at all going on offense. 

On 10/3/2023 at 7:34 AM, Drogo said:

Listening to the game- according to the radio guys: the coaching staff is aware of the effort/intensity/cohesiveness issues that have plagued Vero all season, and apparently tore into the players at halftime despite them being up 30-6. It didn’t seem to help as they still played with the same in the second half. 

on a side note: I don’t know why Vero isn’t using the Palm Bay transfer Octavion Osby more, he’s a senior, runs hard and make the most of his limited opportunities. For some reason they chose to primarily use the sophomore Hillsman as their featured back. 

I don't doubt the coaches tore into them. It was 30-6, but FPC handed them something like 16 points by being unable to successfully execute a punt. We've lived here for 5 years, and usually watch Vero 3-4 times or more each year, among the other schools. I've always considered them to be the best coached program on the Treasure Coast, but there is something really off kilter this year. 

3 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I don't doubt the coaches tore into them. It was 30-6, but FPC handed them something like 16 points by being unable to successfully execute a punt. We've lived here for 5 years, and usually watch Vero 3-4 times or more each year, among the other schools. I've always considered them to be the best coached program on the Treasure Coast, but there is something really off kilter this year. 

Everyone see's it, my personal observation is that is seems like many are less concerned with winning a game and more concerned with producing dynamic content for their recruiting tapes if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Everyone see's it, my personal observation is that is seems like many are less concerned with winning a game and more concerned with producing dynamic content for their recruiting tapes if that makes sense.

It's a, "me-first," world, no doubt. Seemingly, nobody around my age cares about the big picture anymore. I blame it on the rampant proliferation of social media, which in turn has created a massive consumerist society in which we never feel gratified by material possessions anymore. Everyone wants to be the next big thing or buy what they see on the TV screen. We're losing our attention spans and seeing a rise in mental illness as a result. 

19 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

It's a, "me-first," world, no doubt. Seemingly, nobody around my age cares about the big picture anymore. I blame it on the rampant proliferation of social media, which in turn has created a massive consumerist society in which we never feel gratified by material possessions anymore. Everyone wants to be the next big thing or buy what they see on the TV screen. We're losing our attention spans and seeing a rise in mental illness as a result. 

I am glad you see that. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

People are quick to blame the current kids for the transfer portal 

How do these kids transfer without the parents signing off for it? When I was in school you usually have to get parents to agree to sign out of school until your 18 so how do you switch schools without a parent signing off on it?

Parents are leading the travel sports movement of switching teams each year when they don't get to coach or when their kid doesn't start 

It's not the current generation, it's the previous one who are parents of these kids now who create the problem then try to pin it on the kids because they LACK ACCOUNTABILITY