Pahokee 20 @ Atlantic (Delray) 22

561_Fan

Pahokee led at the half 6-0, but the defense failed to get any stops in the third (gave up 15 points ), while the offense turned the ball over twice (fumble and int). Starting QB got hurt on the third play and the backup played the rest of the game. They were already without starting RB (J. Wilcher) and top DB (Fertil) from injuries last week. They fought in the fourth and had the ball with 1:30 left but another turnover killed those chances. 

The injury bug is creeping in, we have Benjamin next week, then 2 byes (we only have 9 games) before Muck Bowl (Glades Central). Our roster has been equivalent or bigger then every opponent and we don’t have a lot of 2-way players, but we’re getting key injuries.

1 hour ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee led at the half 6-0, but the defense failed to get any stops in the third (gave up 15 points ), while the offense turned the ball over twice (fumble and int). Starting QB got hurt on the third play and the backup played the rest of the game. They were already without starting RB (J. Wilcher) and top DB (Fertil) from injuries last week. They fought in the fourth and had the ball with 1:30 left but another turnover killed those chances. 

The injury bug is creeping in, we have Benjamin next week, then 2 byes (we only have 9 games) before Muck Bowl (Glades Central). Our roster has been equivalent or bigger then every opponent and we don’t have a lot of 2-way players, but we’re getting key injuries.

Sorry about the injuries man I love the team you guys have over there. You guys are really talented & only gonna be better moving forward this season. Good luck. 

19 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

If healthy how do u stack up with your ole friend, Hawthorne? 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

If healthy how do u stack up with your ole friend, Hawthorne? 

We just have to be ready to stop the run for 4 quarters, because Hawthorne has more interceptions (3) then completions (0) the last 2 games and we can’t turn the ball over (we have 7 the last 2 games). 

I think this schedule, especially with the bigger schools, has us prepared for them. It’s just the kids ready for a 4 quarter, fist fight 

15 hours ago, BigBoyBall said:

The weakness is that the DC does not understand how to make adjustments or biltz. The offense played well considering they had so many backups playing. After Benjamin, that will give my blue devils almost 4weeks to get healthy and for the HC or administration to do something about that DC!!!! Please!!!!

Never blitzes or switches up coverages and makes the same calls all game. The kids are covering up for the DC

The HC must see this major problem as the team's only weakness outside of the injuries on offense. If he does not want to make a change that a blind man can see! From what I have seen and read, the Principal is outstanding in Academics and has done things that have never been done before on the muck! However, my friend told me he always says he stays away from athletics and allows the AP and AD to run it. If that is true, this is the time that they may need to step in because Hendrix came in during the season when Boldin was struggling with the defense, and we ended up 1 point away from the state title game.

561, I saw talent and size not being used on that bench for defense!!!! I will not be able to make another game, but damn we need to fix that defense before the playoffs!!!! 

20 hours ago, BigBoyBall said:

The HC must see this major problem as the team's only weakness outside of the injuries on offense. If he does not want to make a change that a blind man can see! From what I have seen and read, the Principal is outstanding in Academics and has done things that have never been done before on the muck! However, my friend told me he always says he stays away from athletics and allows the AP and AD to run it. If that is true, this is the time that they may need to step in because Hendrix came in during the season when Boldin was struggling with the defense, and we ended up 1 point away from the state title game.

561, I saw talent and size not being used on that bench for defense!!!! I will not be able to make another game, but damn we need to fix that defense before the playoffs!!!! 

The administration usually stays out of athletics, unless there is something that brings negative attention to the school