Lookout 4S, sleeper slipping in

Dan in Daytona

3 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

This three time Florida state champion's QB threw for 7 TD's in last night's 6th victory of the season. This legend has stated it takes about three years, with a new team, to grow a contender. He's in the middle of year two. Lookout 4S, balanced sleeper is slipping in 

Care to name this sleeping giant? I want to poke it with a stick and see what happens :lol:

39 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

He's talking about DeLand

DeLand may be a contender but they beat Deltona last night, I would expect DeLand to win that one easily

They have won against some solid teams, but the only top ranked team they have played (Mainland) put a on them.  Will be interesting to see how they perform in the upcoming weeks vs Seminole and University.  That will tell alot. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

They have won against some solid teams, but the only top ranked team they have played (Mainland) put a on them.  Will be interesting to see how they perform in the upcoming weeks vs Seminole and University.  That will tell alot. 

By that logic you can apply the same to Buchholz who keeps getting hyped on here lately 

What top team have they beaten this year?

8 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

People also hyped Pine Forest up last year who had a weaker schedule than DeLand so far 

Why are some teams given such a boost and seen as a threat with an average to weak schedule but other teams with a similar resume are seen as unproven?

Whek ranking teams I try my hardest not to rank teams on their record over their SOS. You shouldn’t be rewarded for playing the worst teams you can find. And the first half of the season is mostly non district games so you chose these opponents. There is no excuse

35 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Whek ranking teams I try my hardest not to rank teams on their record over their SOS. You shouldn’t be rewarded for playing the worst teams you can find. And the first half of the season is mostly non district games so you chose these opponents. There is no excuse

So why are teams like Pine Forest (last year) and Buchholz (by you and others) so high this year?

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Buchholz has a decent win vs Vanguard. Problem is there is only so many good teams and good wins. Not every team is gonna have big statement wins. Or else they would be highly ranked. And not everyone can be highly ranked. 

Vanguard this year is what Vanguard has been the last several years, no better, no worse. A playoff team, sure. But a title contender, I very much doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Vanguard this year is what Vanguard has been the last several years, no better, no worse. A playoff team, sure. But a title contender, I very much doubt it. 

Vanguard is a good state depth team. They are annually anywhere between 30 and 75 in the state. They beat a top-five Colorado team this year. Who is currently ranked number one in their classification.

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

Vanguard is a good state depth team. They are annually anywhere between 30 and 75 in the state. They beat a top-five Colorado team this year. Who is currently ranked number one in their classification.

That is exactly right. They have consistently been the best Public School in Marion county for several years. But they have lacked the overall ability to get to a semifinal let alone a title game. 

39 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That is exactly right. They have consistently been the best Public School in Marion county for several years. But they have lacked the overall ability to get to a semifinal let alone a title game. 

Well now the playoffs are even more watered down they should have a better chance in the suburban playoffs 

4 hours ago, SportsFan said:

By that logic you can apply the same to Buchholz who keeps getting hyped on here lately 

What top team have they beaten this year?

Agree, but Buchholz  has been mentioned on this forum. On the other hand,  Deland (6-1) hasn't after the 7th week of the season. Hence a "SLEEPER."

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

I was thinking the same thing. Just threw another well coached, athletic team out there for discussion who appears to be more "Balanced" than usual.