Most exposed team last night

SportsFan

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Undefeated Orlando Christian Prep losing to three loss Bishop Moore is one. 

Not to much of a surprise, with a the schedule OCP had they better have been undefeated.

I watched them win a nail bitter to TOHO last week, TOHO to me is not on the level of Bishop Moore, seen this one coming.

37 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Shot in the dark- as I was not at the game, nor did I see any recaps as to how well they hung with Cocoa 

Kept it close first half and had a great game plan to eat up the clock keeping Cocoa's offense off the field. 7-3 in the whole first half. Moment changed after Cocoa forced a fumble in the third. Reminded me of the Seminole game honestly. Titusville forced a fumble early and there were plenty of penalties on Cocoa that stalled drives or helped keep Titusville on the field. Was a good game and Titusville honestly impressed me.

3 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Kept it close first half and had a great game plan to eat up the clock keeping Cocoa's offense off the field. 7-3 in the whole first half. Moment changed after Cocoa forced a fumble in the third. Reminded me of the Seminole game honestly. Titusville forced a fumble early and there were plenty of penalties on Cocoa that stalled drives or helped keep Titusville on the field. Was a good game and Titusville honestly impressed me.

I'm glad to see other Brevard teams playing very good football against Cocoa. Eau Gallie, Titusville and hopefully Rockledge help each other prepare for the playoffs. Have to give a shout out to Heritage also... These schools have a chance to showcase Brevard. 

32 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm glad to see other Brevard teams playing very good football against Cocoa. Eau Gallie, Titusville and hopefully Rockledge help each other prepare for the playoffs. Have to give a shout out to Heritage also... These schools have a chance to showcase Brevard. 

Depends on what Rockledge shows up for the playoffs. If it was ever the year for Eau Gallie to win the district it would be this season. Heritage definitely has high expectations but the playoffs will definitely be where we see what they have. Merritt Island Nike space uniforms and helmets looked amazing last night. They could be a sleeper in the district even though they'll be third if they lose to Rockledge. Titusville will more than likely face Cocoa again in the playoffs in regional final at Cocoa

Wouldn’t by definition Titusville and Orlando Christian Prep be exposed? They were coming in undefeated. It’s not about being upset. OCP was exposed by an average team even though OCP had a perfect record. They were exposed as not really a good team with a really bad schedule. Titusville was exposed as a team that is making strides based on their past, but are still a ways to go to actually compete for a title. That doesn’t have to be a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, SportsFan said:

If you look at the SOS for Titusville it's pretty bad

They may be improving but it's hard to not say they weren't exposed by Cocoa because they may have been undefeated but they were nowhere close to the level of someone like Cocoa despite a better record 

Missed out on the biggest game in Brevard happening this season which would've been if Heritage played Cocoa. They would be the closest team to coming close to Cocoa's level on paper.

A few weeks back I showed my son the standings in the Osceola district. This is what it looked like. He doesn’t follow football much around the state. So he doesn’t know these teams. 

Toho 3-1 

St Cloud 2-2

Celebration 1-4 

Osceola 0-5

I said who do think is gonna win this district just by looking at this. He said Toho. I said what if I told you the 0-5 team is gonna beat the other 3 by at least 40 points? He just laughed. Lol. 

On 10/15/2023 at 5:57 PM, Cocoafanone said:

I believe Titusville will more than likely face Cocoa again in the playoffs in the regional semi-final at Cocoa, not the regional Final.  It always about Cocoa all the time!

Titusville keeping the game somewhat competitive for a half, in its own rite, is very impressive. Cocoa is positively no worse than top 15 nationally. 

44 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

A few weeks back I showed my son the standings in the Osceola district. This is what it looked like. He doesn’t follow football much around the state. So he doesn’t know these teams. 

Toho 3-1 

St Cloud 2-2

Celebration 1-4 

Osceola 0-5

I said who do think is gonna win this district just by looking at this. He said Toho. I said what if I told you the 0-5 team is gonna beat the other 3 by at least 40 points? He just laughed. Lol. 

Kissimmee Osceola, when fully healthy, is *much* better than their current mark. They will win this district handily and cannot be counted out of the 4S hunt if they go into the playoffs with Melendez back. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Toho 3-1 

St Cloud 2-2

Celebration 1-4 

Osceola 0-5

To take that a step further, looking at the FHSAA rankings (they haven't been updated yet today) we should have a running clock put on us by Mainland on Thursday night much less have any chance of winning.... #2 vs #302.   Let's see what surprises this season has yet to grace us with.  By the way, Nolebull813 has been correct in the two previous district games as a running clock was in effect during the first half in each.  Will have to wait on the outcome with TOHO till next weekend. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Kissimmee Osceola, when fully healthy, is *much* better than their current mark. They will win this district handily and cannot be counted out of the 4S hunt if they go into the playoffs with Melendez back. 

No idea on the status of Elijah Melendez but not depending on his return to finish the season strong.  The 2 young sophomores filling in for him have done a great job learning their assignments and making plays week by week.  Despite our record, I doubt there are many teams in 4S chomping at the bit to face us come playoff time.

35 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

To take that a step further, looking at the FHSAA rankings (they haven't been updated yet today) we should have a running clock put on us by Mainland on Thursday night much less have any chance of winning.... #2 vs #302.   Let's see what surprises this season has yet to grace us with.  By the way, Nolebull813 has been correct in the two previous district games as a running clock was in effect during the first half in each.  Will have to wait on the outcome with TOHO till next weekend. 

I predicted they win all 3 by at least 40. So I’m 2 for 2: I think they beat Toho by 40 as well. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I predicted they win all 3 by at least 40. So I’m 2 for 2: I think they beat Toho by 40 as well. 

So far, so good.  The sad part is against Celebration, Taevion Swint got two touches for the night.  On the first play on the first possession, they threw him a swing pass he took to the house for his first TD.  On the first play of the second possession, they ran a sweep he took to the house for his second TD.  He sat the remainder of the game.  Obviously got to rest alot of players so we will be as close to a full deck when we play Mainland on Thursday. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

So far, so good.  The sad part is against Celebration, Taevion Swint got two touches for the night.  On the first play on the first possession, they threw him a swing pass he took to the house for his first TD.  On the first play of the second possession, they ran a sweep he took to the house for his second TD.  He sat the remainder of the game.  Obviously got to rest alot of players so we will be as close to a full deck when we play Mainland on Thursday. 

Celebration should go independent or play eight-man football