Final Playoff Seedings/ 1st Round Matchups.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

4 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Rematch of this past spring game where it was close. But Heritage revamped with tons of transfers and they built a great culture and are gelling. I see Heritage winning this one and going on a deep run

I like this team. Have strung up a boatload of shutouts too. There sched wasn’t strong but Beatdown the teams in front of em. 

32 minutes ago, Jullian said:

I like this team. Have strung up a boatload of shutouts too. There sched wasn’t strong but Beatdown the teams in front of em. 

I will maintain an open mind on Heritage. Like you said they did not have a strong schedule. Because of that, I have a hard time figuring out in my head how good they really are. 

The same applied to Lake Mary for those that had not seen them through about game 6 or 7. But being an Orlando area guy, and having seen them last year, knowing what they brought back, coupled with looking at their videos before going to see them live, I realized they were going to be an extremely tough out in the regular season and playoffs and had as good a chance as any to win a state title in 4M which does not have an Aquinas or Norland/Central/American Heritage or Chaminade or Cocoa standing in the way. 

I often state that when making a playoff system you have two options:
1) Get every team in the playoff that has a realistic shot of making the Final Four (even if that means some bad teams get in)
2) Only let teams that have a very good chance of making the Final Four (even if that means some good teams stay home)

I generally side with #1 in a youth playoff situation and move to #2 as we get to the pros.

But I am curious, how many teams "good" teams were left out of the playoffs that if they played in their region would have a decent chance of making final four for their classification?

54 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I often state that when making a playoff system you have two options:
1) Get every team in the playoff that has a realistic shot of making the Final Four (even if that means some bad teams get in)
2) Only let teams that have a very good chance of making the Final Four (even if that means some good teams stay home)

I generally side with #1 in a youth playoff situation and move to #2 as we get to the pros.

But I am curious, how many teams "good" teams were left out of the playoffs that if they played in their region would have a decent chance of making final four for their classification?

Not many. I could make a case for Wekiva in 3M, as they played both Edgewater and especially Apopka tough, and also scored more than 40 against Jones. So, if they were in the playoff I think they would have a decent chance of making the Regional final and maybe the semis. They would have to be at their very best, have their 4 star defensive tackle motivated and healthy, and their coaching situation fully resolved. But if all of the above were in good order, on any given night, they could probably beat any team in the region. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I will maintain an open mind on Heritage. Like you said they did not have a strong schedule. Because of that, I have a hard time figuring out in my head how good they really are. 

The same applied to Lake Mary for those that had not seen them through about game 6 or 7. But being an Orlando area guy, and having seen them last year, knowing what they brought back, coupled with looking at their videos before going to see them live, I realized they were going to be an extremely tough out in the regular season and playoffs and had as good a chance as any to win a state title in 4M which does not have an Aquinas or Norland/Central/American Heritage or Chaminade or Cocoa standing in the way. 

Heritage is a better team this year than any I can remember in the past. Though I still have my doubts about them beating VB. VB is a better team than their record shows and if they can pull together for 4 quarters of football I don't see any team running them off the field. There are some good ass teams in 4S. It's going to be a blood bath. I'm calling Venice against Buchholz in the ship.

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

There's rumors swirling that there's a Lake Mary vs Cocoa matchup in the works for next season 

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Ohhh, that would be a QB freak show. 2 great QB's with decent WR's for compliment.

Lake Mary graduates their best receivers. But they have decent youngsters and I would be surprised if a receiver or three does not show up at their doorsteps given who will be throwing to them. 

On 11/6/2023 at 2:31 AM, DarterBlue2 said:

Lake Mary graduates their best receivers. But they have decent youngsters and I would be surprised if a receiver or three does not show up at their doorsteps given who will be throwing to them. 

It would be sad for Lake Mary to have such a good QB and only 1 or 2 decent receivers to throw to.

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

It would be sad for Lake Mary to have such a good QB and only 1 or 2 decent receivers to throw to.

Given recent trends in the Orlando area, I am pretty sure that between rising sophomores/freshmen and a transfer or two, the team will be okay. There's also the  possibility that David Parks, currently at Seminole, but who did his freshman year at Lake Mary, and who still lives in Lake Mary, will decide to play his senior year at Lake Mary. 

Parks is one of those athletes that can play multiple positions. I believe he left Lake Mary at the end of his freshman year because he wanted to play QB and figured he had a better shot at Seminole. Going into his Junior year this spring, the job seemed to be his. But at the 11th hour, a four star QB who was committed to Penn State showed up and has been the starter. Parks has played WR/RB and some QB, mostly in wildcat type situations this year. He also punts and can play safety if necessary. Ironically, he scored the first of the two touchdowns that gave Seminole the win with less than 5 minutes in the game when he caught a 47 yard pass.