State semi finals results

nolebull813

So you guys can private message me your picks before the first game. It will be all 9 title games. 

Seeding won’t matter since it’s the finals. We will use points in the rural game as the tie breaker. I will post each person’s picks in a locked thread for all to see right before the first game kicks off. 

6 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

So you guys can private message me your picks before the first game. It will be all 9 title games. 

Seeding won’t matter since it’s the finals. We will use points in the rural game as the tie breaker. I will post each person’s picks in a locked thread for all to see right before the first game kicks off. 

I went with First Baptist despite a fairly strong feeling that OTC was going to win. Had I not done that, I would be in the finals despite my poor seeding. 

But it was fun. Good luck to both @KeemD321 and @Perspective. May the best man win!

9 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

@KeemD321 8

@Perspective 7 highest seed

@nolebull813 7

@DarterBlue2 7 

You and Darter should do a consolation pick for 3rd and 4th.

I'll be off the grid for the entire week this week until next Sunday. I'll be trying anyway I can to check the scores during the playoffs.  

STA has cleaned out their division, I guess it's necessary for a 32 man open division next year...., it'll surely bring interesting situations like a what if Miami Central has to g to Brian Piccolo for a late Nov./early Dec. playoff game or STA going on the road to play 3-5 state ranked teams in the playoffs, I think STA could beat five teams on the road in the playoffs TBH......

Since there are no replies available to Joshua's recap story on all the semi final games, I wanted to correct an error in the STA / Gaither game. The story notates that there was no running clock in the game. STA scored a touchdown early in the third quarter that resulted in a running clock for about the 10 minute mark of the third quarter. STA tried to convert a two point play after a TD late in the first half to get a 35 point lead but that try failed. They started the third quarter with the ball, scored a touchdown and the running clock runs went into effect.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:38 PM, nolebull813 said:

Wait a minute . . . are you saying that I can't just wait until Keem makes his picks, copy and paste his selections, and then rely on my better seeding to win the contest?   B)

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

Wait a minute . . . are you saying that I can't just wait until Keem makes his picks, copy and paste his selections, and then rely on my better seeding to win the contest?   B)

You could but as a moderator I could edit your picks after the games and just crown him champ regardless of the results :P

34 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Lmao Perspective just became FSU

(Preparing my official announcement for release after the final game)

All I can do is play -- and win -- the games on my schedule.   I can't help it if my competition is inferior.   It's a travesty.  It's a sham.  It's a mockery.   It's a traveshamockery!!  

:D

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Lmao Perspective just became FSU

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

(Preparing my official announcement for release after the final game)

All I can do is play -- and win -- the games on my schedule.   I can't help it if my competition is inferior.   It's a travesty.  It's a sham.  It's a mockery.   It's a traveshamockery!!  

:D

The college playoffs should have 8 teams. 

As I was watching the announcement on ESPN yesterday, a thought ran through my head --  a thought that apparently ran through the head of JJ Watts, as well:  Since college football is going to 12 teams next year, why not just make this year a transition year and go from 4 teams to 6? 

Based on the rankings, Michigan and Washington would get byes.   Texas, as the 3 seed, would play Georgia, as the 6 seed (for the right to play Washington) and Alabama, as the 4 seed, would play FSU, as the 5 seed (for the right to play Michigan). 

Yeah, I know, I know, it would have required a renegotiation of a lot of contracts in a short amount of time (with bowls, TV networks, etc.), but it could have been done if everyone was on board.  Clearly, there were six teams that could make a strong argument that they should have been one of the final four teams.  And Ohio State could have been the "FSU" of 2023, complaining that they got screwed. 

In any event, it didn't happen.  Damn lawyers.  B)