STA-Dwyer engage in post-game brawl

SportsNut25

The clock started running with 5 min to go in the 3rd, then STA eased off the gas.

After beating up cupcakes all season,  Dwyer found themselves in unfamiliar deep waters.

There's a reason wise coaches develop young men by scheduling tough non-district games.  It builds character, mental toughness, persistence, teamwork, and self-control,  giving players life-long lessons when facing adversity.

Don't recall any other STA post-game brawls with the 8 or so other teams they've beaten by 35+ this year.

Before STA, Dwyer had 372 PF - 32 PA in 10 season games.   

They had 49 Total offensive yards last night.   STA total mileage unknown.

After the pre-game stunts, the # and nature of possible PF's / UC's penalties during the game would reveal any middle acts before the final curtain calls.   Somebody's facing consequences for unsportsmanlike conduct ... players and schools alike. 

Fhsaa's gotta make a quick report since all players from both schools are under scrutiny and STA plays Mater next week.  Regs 7.1-7.2 and 30.1-30.2 apply:  http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2010/09/16/node-178/1617_football_manual.pdf

I heard something about in the pregame warmups the Dwyer players were running/cutting through and around the STA players warming up in a harassing manner. Bad move Dwyer.

I also heard Dwyer had 30 or 40 yards of TOTAL Offense in the game. Dwyer was destroyed in the game on the field. That's for sure.

Missed pregame and the fight (was en route to parking lot already). The overrated chant by some Dwyer fans was entertaining early... they will remember that running clock blowout for awhile.

It's unreal....I honestly believe that people hate STA so much they wish some bad things on them that they will never admit to.  It is as if people are already assuming that STA is the root of starting this brawl.  If STA lost this game they would be getting hammered for being instigators and sore losers starting a fight.  Dwyer loses and let's see if we can come up with a reason "how" and "why" STA is at fault here.

Let's see how we can stop STA n the playoffs - Because we sure know we can't do it on the field!

Having some chats with a few folks who were there..media folks I should say.

1) It is known that St. Thomas Aquinas had turned off the filming before that, so they have nothing.

2) Still unknown if Dwyer was running film still at that point.

3) It appears the officials were already off the field when this took place.

4) If no other video is out besides what has been posted through social media and the newspapers, it is going to very hard to tell who should be and shouldn't be suspended for either team. 

5) Thus with No. 4 could lead to what I would call a nuclear option and St. Thomas Aquinas gets DQed and Dwyer gets a postseason ban for 2017 because of the limited video to actually make clear of suspensions. FHSAA would send a message and yes the FHSAA could technically do this. That right is reserved by them to kick a team out of the playoffs for something like this.

6) Playoffs is a privilege, not a right to be honest. FHSAA could have zero playoffs if they wanted to. 

7) I am seeking more info out and as I learn it, it will be shared.  

Yes has to be soon. 

If the FHSAA has a hard time telling who did what, again I could see STA getting DQed out of this and Dwyer getting slapped with a postseason ban for 2017. It would be the only fair solution, to be honest, to penalize both since its hard telling on the current videos who was the aggressor, who participated and so forth. 

Been told a police report was filed and that it clearly is on Dwyer with this. Might not be such an issue for Aquinas as it would be Dwyer knowing that is there. Still the FHSAA will need to address this matter quickly. Lesson for all is to not let emotions overridr you. It does no one any good and life is too short.