Transfers 2017

Zoe Boy

I hear ya nolebull813 , we all know the routine, and we all know STA is under the microscope but to be fair have you looked at and referenced other talented 2018 transfers statewide.

Shame on 2018 Senior Oshodi for leaving Coral Glades to improve his future NOW.lol..Is that really in wrong by your standards/opinion??? A kid out of Coral Glades going to play at STA is awesome to me.

Shame on 2018 Senior Alison for seizing a great situation. Shame on STA for opportunity for these you men to grow academically and athletically...These two are not the first and won't be the last at STA this year. We both know that.

Are you aware Miami Central, Chaminade Madonna , AHP, Deerfield Beach and possibly Cardinal Gibbons all probably have had as many or more 2018 inbound players this year?

Many of those players more accomplished (respectively) and talented (respectively) then Oshodi and Alison.

TBH, I was surprised STA did not pick up any of the recent 12+ Flanagan exodus. Central, Chaminade, Champagnat, AHP, and others up picked most of that.

But we still have to take aim at The Empire. Even when they pick up 3rd team Independent Gold Coast Conference players...Also, do you really think IMG would give Samuel Oshodi out of Coral Glades a chance to play for them?

My nose must be growing and I'm talking taboo, right ;-) ?

Any 2018s transferring elsewhere in the state? Perhaps to any of the other usual powers state-wide? Even teams that didn't win state championships last year or are not as dominant as STA? Perhaps a few privates in the Tampa area? Perhaps Braden River or Venice?

I think we have to realize that there are basically three reasons why many public HS players are not transferring to STA, regardless of how good those players are:

It costs a player's parents nothing to go to a public HS. Probably cost between $10,000 and $15,000 to go to STA. Even with public assistance they cannot afford this. Also they have to get the student to and from STA themselves. 

Academically many players could not keep up at STA. They would not be eligible to play football if there grades do not meet STA's requirements. 

Many players would like to remain a starter and to be recognized for their ability on the team they already play for or another team they are transferring to instead of having to compete every minute with other outstanding players on the STA roster. There is also the possibility they could be sitting on the bench behind other equal or better players in their position.  

So let me get this correct. This 4 star highly recruited 2018 going to be Senior waits until now to transfer to a local power?

Why now?

First off Vero ain't no "power" second David Reese been wantin to come to play for Vero my cousin told me this two weeks ago and third his Dad played Baskets for Vero and most importantly he cares about them grades thats why he left so late LOL

First off Vero is a LOCAL power. Start naming schools in your county that have been more consistent and successful. Show me the long list.

There are two schools in the county.......have to be an area discussion.

And consistency and success are not necessarily the same. So fltech and I discuss treasure coast football often. For my time I was at FPC I would say vero was probably more consistent but we were more successful. Now that will probably trend away but neither here nor there. David didn't like the old hc. Now they'll be on the third guy in 3 years so he heading north. Can't blame the kid. I will say with 100% confidence this move would not happen if Shaffer was still the HC.

There are two schools in the county.......have to be an area discussion.

And consistency and success are not necessarily the same. So fltech and I discuss treasure coast football often. For my time I was at FPC I would say vero was probably more consistent but we were more successful. Now that will probably trend away but neither here nor there. David didn't like the old hc. Now they'll be on the third guy in 3 years so he heading north. Can't blame the kid. I will say with 100% confidence this move would not happen if Shaffer was still the HC.

Well yea Vero is more consistent TBH IDK how they pull some teams together but they do just like in my senior year we had to replace a whole defense and the next year they had to replace a whole another Offense but it resulted in Vero current winning streak, even last year we didn't have an offense in the spring game against Dwyer but in the fall they pulled it together

Perhaps already mentioned but not reading back pages...  STA also got Antonio Serrano 2019 OL from Belen Jesuit  (fbs recruit likely, 0 offers but that will change in a month) and OLB/DE D'Andre Ragin from Monsignor Pace (fbs offers 2018 class).   Also a WR from Mater Academy 2019 Jamal Cooney (0 offers I believe).  

2018 Miami Columbus S Josh Jobe (Miami commit) will spend next season playing for Cheshire Academy (CT). 

If he stayed in Florida, he wouldn't be eligible next year due to age restrictions so he'll instead play for a prep school. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-hurricanes/fl-sp-um-josh-jobe-20170406-story.html

Lake Gibson was good last year but without their qb might not be as strong as last year, same with vanguard

I'm not ready to anoint armwood the 6a favorite like calpreps did (no way armwood a top 10 team in nation, i would have trouble having them top 10 in Florida much less top 10 in nation)

Mainland very good last year but still have to replace a very solid qb so will they be as strong as last year

So odds are whoever comes out of that district likely wins 6a

Wouldn't the best team in that district be the 6a favorite though? 😂

Now that is a fair statement, but the scenario could very well be similar to last year - as to how tight it could be.

Fortunately this year we have a better playoff format that should allow that third place team to compete in the post season.

Now that is a fair statement, but the scenario could very well be similar to last year - as to how tight it could be.

Fortunately this year we have a better playoff format that should allow that third place team to compete in the post season.

All 3 of them are definitely gonna be in the playoffs with their talent and schedules alone