Transfers 2017

Zoe Boy

Yea they was talking bout it at the park yesterday... don't know the fool situation with but I know cedrick Irving is the head man at the high n he got some pull too... Plus Miami high and BTW is like 10 mins apart.... But that is a weird one... Just like Keyon Pie Young was at the high and really was suppose to be at BTW...

You think BTW will bounce back or are they going to fade a bit?   Normally at this point we'd be hearing about a bunch of OOS games or good in state games with BTW.   I'm hearing Crickets.  

I know lol. I just thought it was a good time to throw that out there! On a serious note Chaminade is doing work, and Edison? Brings me back to 2003. :wacko:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2003-11-22/sports/0311220168_1_raiders-first-home-raiders-streak-raiders-touchdown

The Edison euphoria, beating STA, was short-lived. The next week they were destroyed by Naples 41-0. Who in turn lost the following week to an even better team. Shameless "homer" plug :) Back to the 2017 Transfers....

A couple of fairly big Polk County transfers.....

2018 QB Kevaris Thomas transferred from Lake Gibson to Lakeland

2018 (4-star) OL Cleveland Reed transferred from Ft. Meade to Lakeland

wow that's huge, what is the reason for K. Thomas transferring out? Or is he just moving into the Lakeland zone? He's a good looking QB that's huge for the Dreadnaughts

wow that's huge, what is the reason for K. Thomas transferring out? Or is he just moving into the Lakeland zone? He's a good looking QB that's huge for the Dreadnaughts

From my understanding, he has always lived in Lakeland's zone. But, with Holden Hotchkiss as the starter at LHS the last two years, knew he wouldn't get any playing time. That, and his dad played for LHS and I guess really wanted him to finish out there.

From my understanding, he has always lived in Lakeland's zone. But, with Holden Hotchkiss as the starter at LHS the last two years, knew he wouldn't get any playing time. That, and his dad played for LHS and I guess really wanted him to finish out there.

oh OK, following in his dad's footsteps then, Lakeland won't miss a beat at the position this year then, I seen him play my alma mater in the regional final this past year and his accuracy and arm strength is top notch, but sometimes he seems to sit in the pocket to long and it collapsed on him numerous times, idk who that LG QB coach or Offensive Coordinator was but it doesn't seem like Thomas was coached to well, seemed like they were just holding him back or something

oh OK, following in his dad's footsteps then, Lakeland won't miss a beat at the position this year then, I seen him play my alma mater in the regional final this past year and his accuracy and arm strength is top notch, but sometimes he seems to sit in the pocket to long and it collapsed on him numerous times, idk who that LG QB coach or Offensive Coordinator was but it doesn't seem like Thomas was coached to well, seemed like they were just holding him back or something

Really? Lake Gibson showed toughness, tenacity, and heart throughout the playoffs and even more in the title game against a far more superior team in Carol City. Those attributes are the result of the kids as well as the coaches. Those comments you made about the coaches holding this kid back make we want to puke. Think before you type. I never had an issue with what you posted before but your most recent post is just wrong. Stay in the bleachers or get out there and coach!

Really? Lake Gibson showed toughness, tenacity, and heart throughout the playoffs and even more in the title game against a far more superior team in Carol City. Those attributes are the result of the kids as well as the coaches. Those comments you made about the coaches holding this kid back make we want to puke. Think before you type. I never had an issue with what you posted before but your most recent post is just wrong. Stay in the bleachers or get out there and coach!

I'm not bashing the coaches at all I'm just saying I just thought he was held back from doing his thing that night in particular, I mean he was sacked 11 times that night, and atleast 7 of those sacks their was absolutely nothing open and he was well outside the box and refused to throw the ball away each time, instead took 10 to 15 yard losses with sacks, after the 1st or even 2nd time don't you think they would have told him to throw the ball away when their is nothing open? I refuse to believe the kid is dumb and can't figure out when to throw the ball away in those situations

I'm not bashing the coaches at all I'm just saying I just thought he was held back from doing his thing that night in particular, I mean he was sacked 11 times that night, and atleast 7 of those sacks their was absolutely nothing open and he was well outside the box and refused to throw the ball away each time, instead took 10 to 15 yard losses with sacks, after the 1st or even 2nd time don't you think they would have told him to throw the ball away when their is nothing open? I refuse to believe the kid is dumb and can't figure out when to throw the ball away in those situations

Sometimes the moment is too big for the player, sometimes you run up against a superior team, sometimes the coaches don't have a player ready, and sometimes you are just off.  I try never to judge a player or team by one game although that is often all we have to go on.  Lakeland has always been a juggernaut and I totally understand the transfer.

C'mon man.Your exact words were "idk who that LG QB coach or Offensive Coordinator was but it doesn't seem like Thomas was coached to well, seemed like they were just holding him back or something". That sounds exactly like bashing. I mean this is their profession your talking about.  Anyone that has ever coached high school football has had more than one player that makes you scratch your head sometimes. I am sure his performance had nothing to do with the fact that the Carol City defense was one of the best in the state. I just get tired of fans that think they know more than the coaches. There is a ton of Bill Belichick's sitting in the stands on friday nights. 

C'mon man.Your exact words were "idk who that LG QB coach or Offensive Coordinator was but it doesn't seem like Thomas was coached to well, seemed like they were just holding him back or something". That sounds exactly like bashing. I mean this is their profession your talking about. Anyone that has ever coached high school football has had more than one player that makes you scratch your head sometimes. I am sure his performance had nothing to do with the fact that the Carol City defense was one of the best in the state. I just get tired of fans that think they know more than the coaches. There is a ton of Bill Belichick's sitting in the stands on friday nights.

it wasn't against Carol City the game I'm talking bout, I didn't even see the championship game to even begin to question what happened in that game...it was 3rd round against Ocala Vanguard..... And what I said is in no way bashing the coaches, questioning some of the decisions that were made that night yes, but bashing no and you would know it if I was, and yes their is a bunch of Bill Belichek's in the stands on Friday night's but I'm not one of them..

Sometimes the moment is too big for the player, sometimes you run up against a superior team, sometimes the coaches don't have a player ready, and sometimes you are just off. I try never to judge a player or team by one game although that is often all we have to go on. Lakeland has always been a juggernaut and I totally understand the transfer.

I understand the transfer completely too, I think the kid is a hell of a QB but I'm just saying their was some questionable coaching calls that night that I seen

idk who that LG QB coach or Offensive Coordinator was but it doesn't seem like Thomas was coached to well, seemed like they were just holding him back or something

..... And what I said is in no way bashing the coaches, questioning some of the decisions that were made that night yes, but bashing no and you would know it if i was

Wow....you posted that a player wasn't coached too well. That is a direct insult to the coach or coaches of that player. You cant undo what you posted. I guess it is a coincidence that the game you were referencing was against your vanguard team that lost to those same coaches that in your own words, hold players back. We all make mistakes but we should all try to own up to them. Especially when the evidence is right in front of our faces. I have no affiliation with the LG coaches but I felt that your statements were uneducated at best. 

Well.... it's been a minute and i see some familiar usernames but I'm back on here and the other forum. Some may remember me others may not but I'm a Miami Northwestern c/o 97 graduate and rep my bulls. But to the topic looks MNW has had a nice little influx of talent to enter the building since November. Some have been mentioned already but I'll name a few.

Divaad Wilson DB Pace

Jacquez Stuart Rb North Miami

Marlon Pelote LB Chaminade Madonna

Antwan Kinsey LB BTW

Rachard Wildgoose DB/SS Coral Gables

Davontae McCray DL Jackson

Larry Robbins ATH Norland

Quavon Beckford WR BTW

Damarco Harris WR MacArthur

Well.... it's been a minute and i see some familiar usernames but I'm back on here and the other forum. Some may remember me others may not but I'm a Miami Northwestern c/o 97 graduate and rep my bulls. But to the topic looks MNW has had a nice little influx of talent to enter the building since November. Some have been mentioned already but I'll name a few.

Divaad Wilson DB Pace

Jacquez Stuart Rb North Miami

Marlon Pelote LB Chaminade Madonna

Antwan Kinsey LB BTW

Rachard Wildgoose DB/SS Coral Gables

Davontae McCray DL Jackson

Larry Robbins ATH Norland

Quavon Beckford WR BTW

Damarco Harris WR MacArthur

Divaad WIlson is a stud.  Man, I hope the gators can hold on to him.   I feel like everyone and their mothers are going to be after him this season.