Venice at STA- Game of the Week

181pl

STA fans are true fans and are a class act. The word is that Venice is too. Be more concerned with the competition because it is daunting.

It is a difficult task at hand, kids know it and so does everyone else, but that's what makes it fun.

If STA wins great. If Venice does that will be great as well. These are just kids playing a big game. I'm a person behind a keyboard looking for a quality game. On Sat morning after everyone is done patting one team on their back and another is done sulking about what could have been the sun will still rise and life moves on.

It is a difficult task at hand, kids know it and so does everyone else, but that's what makes it fun.

If STA wins great. If Venice does that will be great as well. These are just kids playing a big game. I'm a person behind a keyboard looking for a quality game. On Sat morning after everyone is done patting one team on their back and another is done sulking about what could have been the sun will still rise and life moves on.

That is the right approach. Prepare and do your best. But if that does not do the trick, life goes on. This is not actual war. No one (hopefully) will die; and the sun will shine for winner and vanquished tomorrow!

"

So called stars,,,, don't make comments that show your ignorance.

It's not showing my ignorance.. You looking at star ratings... We don't pay attention about that down here... It doesn't matter... Their starting qb couldn't even start at his previous school... But he's a 4 star? Trust me not all of STA players are all stars...

It's not showing my ignorance.. You looking at star ratings... We don't pay attention about that down here... It doesn't matter... Their starting qb couldn't even start at his previous school... But he's a 4 star? Trust me not all of STA players are all stars...

The star rating system is questionable but the talent level isn't. Not sure about the QBs previous school but he was a sophmore then so don't get caught up on irrelevant facts. Venice will need STA to play poorly to have a shot. Instead of star ratings just look at how many kids wil be playing D1 football.

The star rating system is questionable but the talent level isn't. Not sure about the QBs previous school but he was a sophmore then so don't get caught up on irrelevant facts. Venice will need STA to play poorly to have a shot. Instead of star ratings just look at how many kids wil be playing D1 football.

Absolutely that team has tons of talent no one can deny that.

Exposure to a highly successful program will also get kids playing at the next level plain and simple.

STA has more D1 offers than Venice has simple mathematics at work.

Everyone makes it seem as if Venice should save the gas and not bother coming at all. What fun is that. I'm pretty sure anyone could have a bad day. In fact Venice could and no one would blink an eye. I can see the internet posts go on and on about how correct the predictions were.

Even if Venice loses does that mean all is lost? The season was a waste? In my case no. If we can get some of these kids an opportunity to use football as a resource to get a higher education then this season and all of its accolades will be exactly what it needed to be.  

If Venice wins then it just means another week of football and the sense of excitement is that much greater.

Absolutely that team has tons of talent no one can deny that.

Exposure to a highly successful program will also get kids playing at the next level plain and simple.

STA has more D1 offers than Venice has simple mathematics at work.

Everyone makes it seem as if Venice should save the gas and not bother coming at all. What fun is that. I'm pretty sure anyone could have a bad day. In fact Venice could and no one would blink an eye. I can see the internet posts go on and on about how correct the predictions were.

Even if Venice loses does that mean all is lost? The season was a waste? In my case no. If we can get some of these kids an opportunity to use football as a resource to get a higher education then this season and all of its accolades will be exactly what it needed to be.

If Venice wins then it just means another week of football and the sense of excitement is that much greater.

Venice should come and they could win. My only problem was your comment of STAs "so called all stars". Venice has talent and discipline.

Since you are a person behind a keyboard you may want to edit your comments about a team and their fans lack of class. Just makes you look bad.

In any case I wish both teams well and look forward to tonight. Both communities should have nothing but pride in what 15-16-17-18 year old kids can accomplish when faced with challanges.

TrabisWard I hope all fans are as excited as both you and I are just we are on different spectrums of the field tonight.  

First of all, I want to apologize to you for my statement on the Venice STA game. I am a little rough around the edges and I love the fact your son plays for Venice and you are passionate about everything Venice as you should be. If my son went there, I would say the exact same thing. However, I have seen a lot of football over the years and I am a huge Manatee fan. With that being said STA is a different animal, especially down there. It is more hostile than you can imagine. Their fans and their players for the most part have absolutely no class. BE PREPARED FOR THAT. Second, they are very well coached in all phases of the game and I mean ALL. They will have tremendous talent. With that being said, I hope you guys kick the shit out of them. Good Luck!

My apologies to 941football. I meant to reply to this guy. Not sure if this was a racial comment or just someone who is tired of seeing STA win.

Just be Frank about the situation, STA is just like Tampa Jesuit and other schools that can "openly" recruit in high school. They are stacked but beatable. It is what it is. I hope both teams escape the game with no serious injuries. Go Venice!

You sound bitter. Instead of making empty accusations just have faith in your own team. Undefeated seasons are hard to come by and your players will remember this season for life.

Venice should come and they could win. My only problem was your comment of STAs "so called all stars". Venice has talent and discipline.

I said so call all stars cause they don't have the best of the best at all the positions... If STA had all the All STars from broward and I'm not even mentioning dade they wouldn't lose no games .. It's not cause he was a sophomore he couldn't beat out the other qb that transfered to another school from what I remember...

Just be Frank about the situation, STA is just like Tampa Jesuit and other schools that can "openly" recruit in high school. They are stacked but beatable. It is what it is. I hope both teams escape the game with no serious injuries. Go Venice!

Y'all kill me with this "openly recruit" crap... lol

I said so call all stars cause they don't have the best of the best at all the positions... If STA had all the All STars from broward and I'm not even mentioning dade they wouldn't lose no games .. It's not cause he was a sophomore he couldn't beat out the other qb that transfered to another school from what I remember...

The QB started as a sophmore before transferring to STA. Just stick to what you know. What I believe is Venice could win but the odds are against them. That's why the game is played.

The QB started as a sophmore before transferring to STA. Just stick to what you know. What I believe is Venice could win but the odds are against them. That's why the game is played.

Yes I'm gonna stick with what I know and he didn't.. Good luck to Venice... F the odds... Ask Gorman and BTW about the odds...

He did not start at Cardinal Gibbons.  Both QBs played in the season however Tyler Monaco started 8 of the 10 games and got a lot more playing time.  The 1 or 2 times Allen started, the other QB (Monaco) was likely injured.  Feel free to check out the season stats of both QBs if you wish:

PASSING
Player
COMP
ATT
YDS
TDS
INT
Tyler Monaco 139 221 1696 13 4               Jake Allen 58 112 710 5 5

Venice will not beat STA.  They don't have the talent, resources and they don't have the coaching.  The teams Venice played this year were not very good.  Despite what everyone thinks Manatee and Braden River were down.  STA has been in the battle with great teams and are battle tested.  Venice has not.  STA will roll them.

Thank you for being honest. The only people that believe Venice is going to beat STA are the people that are supposed to believe it; Venice players, coaches and followers.