Broward most heated rival (Soul bowl) will be played on a school campus this year for the first time in over 25 years!!!!

Ohhhh boy!!!! The news I just got this year Soul bowl between Dillard vs Ely will be played on campus at 1 of the high schools for the first time since the early 90’s back wen this rivalry was really heated.

since then the game has been held at Lockhart stadium because of the crowd size. Which a lot of people calls this game the mini classics A notch below Bethune cookman and famu more so because of the two marching bands for Dillard and Ely.

all I can say is let the games begin even tho this game is no where near two title contenders & only 1 team out of the two (Dillard) will be playoff bound This game right here ...Sheessshhhh!!! I hope they know what they just did talking about the city being out for this !!!! Pompano and ft lauderdale smh I know extra extra extra extra law enforcement is gonna be there for this one this has early 90s late 80s written all over it A lot of pride is gonna be all over the field Ely will most def come to play more then ever before to not lose the first Soul bowl being played at their school since any of them was born. Man letsss goooo I’m super hyped

They are already calling this the most intense Soul bowl ever with Ely already going all out calling out their classes out to come hosting this huge tail gate a big pep rally that Saturday at 4pm then the game at 7pm 

also their calling for a alll orange and green affair lol so this should be interesting my blood is boiling with excitement 

15 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Ohhhh boy!!!! The news I just got this year Soul bowl between Dillard vs Ely will be played on campus at 1 of the high schools for the first time since the early 90’s back wen this rivalry was really heated.

since then the game has been held at Lockhart stadium because of the crowd size. Which a lot of people calls this game the mini classics A notch below Bethune cookman and famu more so because of the two marching bands for Dillard and Ely.

all I can say is let the games begin even tho this game is no where near two title contenders & only 1 team out of the two (Dillard) will be playoff bound This game right here ...Sheessshhhh!!! I hope they know what they just did talking about the city being out for this !!!! Pompano and ft lauderdale smh I know extra extra extra extra law enforcement is gonna be there for this one this has early 90s late 80s written all over it A lot of pride is gonna be all over the field Ely will most def come to play more then ever before to not lose the first Soul bowl being played at their school since any of them was born. Man letsss goooo I’m super hyped

15 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

They are already calling this the most intense Soul bowl ever with Ely already going all out calling out their classes out to come hosting this huge tail gate a big pep rally that Saturday at 4pm then the game at 7pm 

also their calling for a alll orange and green affair lol so this should be interesting my blood is boiling with excitement 

8 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Probably wants to bring the intense  Rivalry back to its truest form 

Come on Mighty,  in two week you will have a current 4-3 team, playing a current 2-6 team with their most combined and  most impressive wins coming versus a common opponent 2-5 Boyd Anderson team, 5-4 Archbishop McCarthy Team, and 2-5 Fort Lauderdale team.  You have one team that will make the playoffs by default in this game.   Sorry but saying that this is being called the "most intense Soul bowl ever" and  "Probably wants to bring the Rivalry back to its truest form" is a flat out snake oil insult to the great Ely and Dillard teams of the 80s, 90s and early 2000s!  

I understand you are passionate and every year like to hype this game up, and it is fortunate that there will be great bands there because the product on the field combined versus above average teams in the area is ugly.  Neither of these teams have beat a playoff level team this entire year leading up to this game.   I understand the history, tradition, and past accomplishments of these teams and hope that both teams will be putting forth a 110% effort.  It is still probably one of the better games that night in Broward overall for fan experience.   Best of luck to both teams and hopefully it is a great atmosphere for all of the fans.  May the better team of 2017 win!

6 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Come on Mighty,  in two week you will have a current 4-3 team, playing a current 2-6 team with their most combined and  most impressive wins coming versus a common opponent 2-5 Boyd Anderson team, 5-4 Archbishop McCarthy Team, and 2-5 Fort Lauderdale team.  You have one team that will make the playoffs by default in this game.   Sorry but saying that this is being called the "most intense Soul bowl ever" and  "Probably wants to bring the Rivalry back to its truest form" is a flat out snake oil insult to the great Ely and Dillard teams of the 80s, 90s and early 2000s!  

I understand you are passionate and every year like to hype this game up, and it is fortunate that there will be great bands there because the product on the field combined versus above average teams in the area is ugly.  Neither of these teams have beat a playoff level team this entire year leading up to this game.   I understand the history, tradition, and past accomplishments of these teams and hope that both teams will be putting forth a 110% effort.  It is still probably one of the better games that night in Broward overall for fan experience.   Best of luck to both teams and hopefully it is a great atmosphere for all of the fans.  May the better team of 2017 win!

For you to say That Dillard is making the playoff by default is str8 up disrespect to The entire Dillard high football program sure our district is not the strongest but DiLLARD still had to lace up and go play those games even threw all the drama and etc surrounding the program with our OC quitting and leaving us to transfer our Dc to Oc 3 days before our first game vs Booker T which caused a offense to look beyond putrid the first few weeks.

are we state title contenders ?? No but to say we made the playoffs by Default is BS.!!! @BrowardHandicapperAnd I’m just keeping it real these boys could have gave up and just let the entire season go into flames but instead they have won 4 in a row and should be 5 in a row next week going into the Monday game vs gibbons.

and another thing saying this game being at the school campus will bring back the 80s and 90s type feel to it was no way a discredit or shot to those teams I never said talent wise I was talking about ATMOSPHERE Wise.!!! This is a TRUE RILVARLY no matter what the record between the two teams are both can come In 0-10 and fans will still show up this game is nasty and it’s heated so no I don’t have to hype up this game it’s already looked forward to by the players and community.

& last but not least I can’t speak for Ely but as for Dillard we more then held our own wen we played “above Avg” competition Booker t we lost 25-8 but the defense only gave up 21 points to a national power house Western who was destroying everybody in their path until last week vs plantation it was 0-0 after 1 6-0 at the half and they won 20-16 but we didn’t hold our own ...Deerfield beat us 29-0 17-0 at halftime but 3 of their tds came off fumble returns 2 off kickoff returns but if u want to say we didn’t hold our own in that go head.

All in all Dillard is a solid football team a national powerhouse ? A state power house ? No but some of what u said up top was accurate @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 Am I wrong ? In 2 weeks this is gonna b a rilvarly going back to its roots playing on school grounds where PRIDE & emotions will be all over the field and in the stands the word is already all over the county the records may not b all that but this game will have a field of 9-0 teams don’t believe me @BrowardHandicapper come to the game and see.