Florida's oldest rivalries?

DisabledAccount

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What are Florida's oldest rivalries? 

I am pretty sure Columbia has a few. 

In Central Florida I can think of: Seminole/Deland as a very old rivalry. Apopka/Winter Garden (currently represented by West Orange) is also pretty old; as is Mainland/Seabreeze. 

Old, but more recent, would be: Edgewater/Boone and Jones/Oakridge, as well as Lake Brantley/Lake Mary. 

Palatka/St Aug and Hardee/Desoto are the 2 oldest I believe.

in Tampa its crazy because the oldest rivalry in town by far is Hillsborough/Plant. Both been playing since the 20's-30's. But this game doesn't have that electric/rivalry feel.

Lately Plant vs Armwood is the biggest rivalry since the early 2000's simply because they been the best teams for over a decade. 

Jesuit vs Tampa Cathoic is a big one but Jesuit dominated for so long it's not really hyped up. 

10 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Palatka/St Aug and Hardee/Desoto are the 2 oldest I believe.

in Tampa its crazy because the oldest rivalry in town by far is Hillsborough/Plant. Both been playing since the 20's-30's. But this game doesn't have that electric/rivalry feel.

Lately Plant vs Armwood is the biggest rivalry since the early 2000's simply because they been the best teams for over a decade. 

Jesuit vs Tampa Cathoic is a big one but Jesuit dominated for so long it's not really hyped up. 

When Palatka/St Augustine and hardee/desoto start playing? 

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Hardee vs Desoto is the longest running rivalry in Florida with no breaks.

They have played every single year since 1921. 

Ik we been playing Gainesville since 1910s but it not a continuous rivarly which why it not listed much when talking oldest  rivalries in the state

Any idea how long raines and ribault been playing?  It may be best rivarly in duval 

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Duval by far would have to be Jackson vs Lee

back in 1928 Duval High split into Jackson and Robert E Lee. 

Kinda the same way Orlando High split into Edgewater and Boone. 

Im not sure how many times Jax and Lee have played since 1928 but I assume a lot, and it's by far the oldest 

I was told Jackson holds records for the orginal duval high but i didn't realize Lee that old a school 

I thought they came around in 50s but i must be thinking of someone else 

On 11/2/2017 at 10:45 PM, nolebull813 said:

Hardee vs Desoto is the longest running rivalry in Florida with no breaks.

They have played every single year since 1921. 

Hardee won this year's meeting 34-0 and leads the series 60-35-5. The rivalry has been continuous since 1921; there was a game played in 1909 and perhaps a couple more before 1921. Records pre-1930 are hard to find.