Olympia’s QB

Jimmyb1980

11 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

I have just watched his highlights and he looks like a stud but their record isn’t reflecting that? Just curious how good he is in person 

Not as good as his rating or his potential.  He has a tremendous upside.  He has a big frame and has a rocket arm however he holds the ball way too long and doesn't find open WR's.  He does a much better job when he is on the run and doesn't have to think and just reacts.  He has a had a disappointing year after so much attention this summer at the camps and Elite 11. 

Here are his stats from max preps.  

90-188 1317 yards 10 TD's 6 int

Under 50% completion percentage and averaging about 140 yards per game.

He is very capable of putting his team on his shoulders and having a big game.  He has yet to do that this year.  They also have not let him do that.  They have played very conservative running the ball about 60% of the time.  If they open up the playbook Olympia could be dangerous.  I just don't see them doing it.

I also watched his highlights, and he looks really good. I can see why Michigan recruited him. At 6'6" he's got quite a good view of two very good receivers. Their 4 loses were to Winter Park, Dr. Phillips, Wekiva, and Edgewater, all very good top rated teams. I'm a Vero fan and we are picked to win, but I'm a little nervous about this quarterback, as if he has a very good game it could be trouble.

Vero Beach will win this game comfortably. It will probably be close for the better part of a half, then Vero will pull away. From what I have seen of VB on film, you have too many weapons for Olympia. I see VB winning by around 4 scores and getting to the second round easily.

Joe Milton, Olympia's QB may end up being special. But as BadBird said, his time has not come yet and he does not have the supporting cast. 

He should’ve come back home to Pahokee...j/k...but I don’t think his production on the field has matched his recruiting hype. I don’t know if it’s the offensive system or the players around Joe, but his numbers aren’t GREAT...He’s a good kid (I know him personally)  that should develop (as a qb) at the next level. Physically, he’s college ready.

3 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

He should’ve come back home to Pahokee...j/k...but I don’t think his production on the field has matched his recruiting hype. I don’t know if it’s the offensive system or the players around Joe, but his numbers aren’t GREAT...He’s a good kid (I know him personally)  that should develop (as a qb) at the next level. Physically, he’s college ready.

Olympia is a middle of the road team and although they run a spread, they don't throw it around that much. This has probably affected Milton's production. He has a great chance to do well at the next level in Michigan's system. I wish him success. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Vero Beach will win this game comfortably. It will probably be close for the better part of a half, then Vero will pull away. From what I have seen of VB on film, you have too many weapons for Olympia. I see VB winning by around 4 scores and getting to the second round easily.

Joe Milton, Olympia's QB may end up being special. But as BadBird said, his time has not come yet and he does not have the supporting cast. 

Tryna switch shifts so I wont miss a thing lol

11 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

11 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Olympia is a middle of the road team and although they run a spread, they don't throw it around that much. This has probably affected Milton's production. He has a great chance to do well at the next level in Michigan's system. I wish him success. 

Lord knows he would have taken Pahokee to another level if he came back. 

rocket arm, saw him last year roll left and throw 60+ on the run across his body.

they drop him 7 steps in the gun to accomodate the big arm.  silly in my mind.  who has that kind of pass pro to hang on while he gets 12 yds deep from the gun to throw.  teams just pinned their ears back and flat rush him from every angle.  

i know a guy who coaches on the staff that talked to michigan coaches and they are very excited to get him up there and away from what he is being taught right now.  

bright future for that young man when he gets coached 

He needs to develop some TOUCH on the ball, he throws his bubble as strong as his fade. Many balls hit the target, most of his WR cant hold on to it.  Yes his upside is HUGE and his presence on the field is astounding.  Tough to bring down in the pocket.  My concerns would be that if they do decide to "let him loose" (which they may have to to stand a chance against Vero) will he be able to and has Vero prepared for that? 

17 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

I have just watched his highlights and he looks like a stud but their record isn’t reflecting that? Just curious how good he is in person 

Stud at the next level under the right coaching.  Kid has an absolute cannon.  Florida was recruiting him before going after Fields and later Corral.   His issue was a low completion percentage.  

Check out his arm though...wow

16 minutes ago, STILL KRUNK said:

He needs to develop some TOUCH on the ball, he throws his bubble as strong as his fade. Many balls hit the target, most of his WR cant hold on to it.  Yes his upside is HUGE and his presence on the field is astounding.  Tough to bring down in the pocket.  My concerns would be that if they do decide to "let him loose" (which they may have to to stand a chance against Vero) will he be able to and has Vero prepared for that? 

This is what I heard too.   I think he's going to do well at Michigan, but it might take a year or two to develop that talent.