There are no words

Pipe Dreams

He is the perfect coach for DP. I hope all the players use the title as a teaching point that they can apply to academics. If you prepare like a champion you will win! 

Tangelo Park, Bay Hill, and the greater DP area are all unified by this team and this athletic program and it has always centered around Football since the schools inception (went 8-2 opening year).

It has become a football-focused community especially with "I Love Dr. Phillips" promoting the games so much. Alumni are starting to have kids that go to the school (which opened in '87).

I'm just so happy for the coaches, players, administration, long-time teachers, my former teammates and anyone who has worked the chains, concession stand or the Pop Warner games on Saturday.

It means a ton to the community. I can't understate that.

Football brings the community together like few other things can!

My first DP game was a 30-27 OT playoff loss to Oviedo in 1997... had just moved here and I was 9... I fell in love w the program that night in excruciating defeat... Saturday was the exclamation point!

AWWWWW DP!

Did they fold the program? Please say no.

That's cool Peezy. Back when Foisy/Milano/Crofoot ran it in the 90's and 2000's the program was rocking.

They were a major power from the early 90's until a few years ago but have dropped off recently.

Mid-Florida Pop Warner decided to only put 8 or so teams in D1 a few years ago so now the best programs (Apk, DP, Pine Hills, Brantley) have teams with 0-8, 2-6, 4-4 etc records when they never used to.  All the best programs cannibalize each other and don't play the Lake Howell's, Azalea Park's, etc......Division 3 and stacking D1 killed the system.

Anything to give out more trophies.

11 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Did they fold the program? Please say no.

That's cool Peezy. Back when Foisy/Milano/Crofoot ran it in the 90's and 2000's the program was rocking.

They were a major power from the early 90's until a few years ago but have dropped off recently.

Mid-Florida Pop Warner decided to only put 8 or so teams in D1 a few years ago so now the best programs (Apk, DP, Pine Hills, Brantley) have teams with 0-8, 2-6, 4-4 etc records when they never used to.  All the best programs cannibalize each other and don't play the Lake Howell's, Azalea Park's, etc......Division 3 and stacking D1 killed the system.

Anything to give out more trophies.

I had moved on at the time but my nephew was on the last team there that almost made to the championships but lost to a team in Miami really bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Actually a good part of the team is from the Unlimited team that went to the super bowl 4 years ago. They came in 3rd in the country and lost to the national Champions 24-22. Those kids have a southeastern championship in Pop Warner, a State runner up and a State title.  Not a bad run for those kids.  All the players who scored in that game are Pop Warner guys. A note on Coach Wells.  2 years ago he went with an all in approach and told the parents if you are not here for the team then go find somewhere else to play and it has changed the attitude and it has paid off. DP loses kids every year because they have a better chance to start on another team and most of those kids are good kids. But there were a few parents that were all about there own kids and were dragging the program down.  Wells is a great guy and coach that gets better every year.