IMG Getting Even More Scary

Proseteye

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

What "flies in the face of everything high school football was supposed to be about" is approximately a dozen or so public and private HS teams in Florida that load up on transfer recruits every summer. We all know who these schools are. When half of your team is made up of superstars from out of the area, thus putting some of the local players on the bench, your school approaches the same style as that of IMG with the exception that you are still competing against other Florida teams and pretending to be a regular high school . At least IMG does not pretend to be a regular high school. They are a sports academy in the business of producing professional athletes. Since the student athletes are of school age they must provide a high school education on campus. IMG does not force any team, within Florida or out of state,  to play them. Since they are not classified in any district or region and are not in the FHSAA playoff or championship system, they play freelance against teams that are pretty much semi professional in their own right with many transfers and recruits playing for them. I also disagree that they don't have fans. Their stadium is pretty full when they play at home against an out of state power. They also pack every stadium when they travel to play. Just because you and Columbia do not appreciate the IMG football team "for what they are" does not mean that thousands of other folks, both on and off this forum, are not interested in following them. :)

I can see them packing stadiums when they travel to Cali to play the #1 team out there... EVVVEERRYYYONNEE who is a football fan in that area is coming out to see that type of game with their local team.

I have been to their home games and they are in fact NOT PACKED.. People in the Bay area and Bradenton Sarasota will not DO not support them no matter who they play.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What does that mean? 

This means if you actually travel out the state before and talk football , when they ask you where you from and you tell them FL , their not talking about IMG... How do I know you may ask cause I do travel a lot and have relationships with ppl that coach at different states throughout the country and we talk and IMG is not the representation of fla... Keep listening to the National Board.. They probably trolling you more with IMG cause they know you hate them.. Them dudes know what time it is when it comes to football...

3 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Trust me just travel out one day you’ll see what I’m talking bout... Lot of those folks that’s on the natty board hates on and is jealous of fla football...

Of course they jealous 

FL is top state on talent alone, these states like Georgia and Texas have to break the bank with top level coaches and big fan bases and facilities just to keep up with FL 

If Florida had the resources to work with that Texas does then no state would ever come close to sniffing Florida's league

10 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

This means if you actually travel out the state before and talk football , when they ask you where you from and you tell them FL , their not talking about IMG... How do I know you may ask cause I do travel a lot and have relationships with ppl that coach at different states throughout the country and we talk and IMG is not the representation of fla... Keep listening to the National Board.. They probably trolling you more with IMG cause they know you hate them.. Them dudes know what time it is when it comes to football...

Well one these days i want to check out a few games in south GA 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Of course they jealous 

FL is top state on talent alone, these states like Georgia and Texas have to break the bank with top level coaches and big fan bases and facilities just to keep up with FL 

If Florida had the resources to work with that Texas does then no state would ever come close to sniffing Florida's league

No they don’t.. Best believe Texas n GA got talent too... to me facilities are over raided... I don’t care how good a coach it you still need talented players.. Big fan bases don’t mean crap either.. You actually think these kids come in on a Friday night to see if the crowd is on swoll?

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

No they don’t.. Best believe Texas n GA got talent too... to me facilities are over raided... I don’t care how good a coach it you still need talented players.. Big fan bases don’t mean crap either.. You actually think these kids come in on a Friday night to see if the crowd is on swoll?

Nothing close to FL 

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/06/18/Facilities/IMG-Academy.aspx

This is why i have a issue with IMG 

They are taking money that should be going to the public schools but what a surprise by the morons running the state 

Rich stay rich and poor stay poor

This is why publics can't compete with privates, THEY ARE BLOODY BROKE 

You must have missed "bringing in more than a half a billion dollars in economic benefit to the region". I would say that  $2 million for half a billion in benefits is a pretty good investment. In my opinion the public schools in Florida already get enough money considering the poor academic performance of most of them. Florida has one of the worst performing public school systems in the nation. Contrary to popular opinion the public schools one job is to insure that Johnnie and Janie can read, write, and do arithmetic. it is not to insure that Johnnie becomes an NFL football player some day. Most public schools have sports facilities that the private schools can only dream about. Private schools have to balance their budgets and thus most cannot afford expensive facilities. The exception may be the very few large private schools with baking from religious entities.

12 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

You must have missed "bringing in more than a half a billion dollars in economic benefit to the region". I would say that  $2 million for half a billion in benefits is a pretty good investment. In my opinion the public schools in Florida already get enough money considering the poor academic performance of most of them. Florida has one of the worst performing public school systems in the nation. Contrary to popular opinion the public schools one job is to insure that Johnnie and Janie can read, write, and do arithmetic. it is not to insure that Johnnie becomes an NFL football player some day. Most public schools have sports facilities that the private schools can only dream about. Private schools have to balance their budgets and thus most cannot afford expensive facilities. The exception may be the very few large private schools with baking from religious entities.

Because this state doesn't know how to run a education system 

This state legislature couldn't teach a snake to slither 

And when schools have trouble just providing students with simple equipment that isn't broke because they can't afford it you can't tell me they have more than enough 

15 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

In which state? 

It sure as hell ain't in Florida 

5 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

EXACTLY! Say it one more time for the people in the back.

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because this state doesn't know how to run a education system 

This state legislature couldn't teach a snake to slither 

And when schools have trouble just providing students with simple equipment that isn't broke because they can't afford it you can't tell me they have more than enough 

So, where is the money going? Florida public schools get over $9,000 per student per year. That is the highest in the world. Yet the US is reanked 28th in the world in education and falling fast. There is one African country which is ranked higher and most the Asian countries are near the top. Vietnam, a country we bombed into the stone age, is ranked 8th best in the world. The state of Florida actually doesn't run the public school system. Local school boards and administrators do. Property taxes pay for the schools.

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In which state? 

It sure as hell ain't in Florida 

Almost all public schools across the land, at least the newer ones, are built with extensive athletic facilities; football fields, soccer fields, baseball fields, tennis courts, synthetic tracks, weight rooms, large indoor gymnasiums for basketball, Locker rooms and showers , and some even have swimming pools. Of course they all need stands and facilities for fans and the bands. A huge investment. None of which goes toward improving academics nor for increased teacher's pay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 9:23 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Worried for IMG or teams having to beat them? 

If they getting more FL players i think it would be the latter 

Worried about the talent in FL HS football if top talent ends up going there.    It was ok when it was kids from Ga, Cali, etc, but I fear it will eventually be a team composed of mostly Fl's best players.  

On 6/14/2018 at 1:46 PM, Zoe Boy said:

I would have to say to an extent yeah... @Zoe Boy just hear me out is it the only reason ? No not even close but the crowd can and have played a factor in a lot football and basketball games and not just in high school ...college and pro... the band. To especially at Black schools or even white schools to...how I know ?? I’ve seen it as a former player and coach ...you tell me a home crowd of over 3,000+ at a football game or basketball with it being 4th and goal with 1 second left crowd going insane or home team up one away team at the free throw line home crowd shaking the roof off the gymnasium...u mean to tell me that can’t even alter the game ?? It can and it has ...I kno that this is not even the main topic of this thread but since it was brought up I have to say in south Florida the crowd may not be a factor because compared to Texas and other States that’s live and breath football fans down here especially in the hood they don’t give Af ...it can be a crowd of 1000 plus and u can’t even here them half don’t even know when or who scores a td cuz they in their phone on ig or Facebook.

How many people on here have stepped foot onto IMG ? Of those who have, did you tour the rest of the campus? 

IMG regards itself as a Academy. Since IMG bought out Nick Bollettieri it always has been about getting the best athletes in every sport to the campus to further their potential. Remember Football is a newer adventure for them. It was tennis that got them started followed by David Ledbetter golf. 

If you have an athlete and want the best instruction, weight training, recovery, nutrition etc  you would seek out people who can provide that correct? IMG is a business that is spawned by a need. Its only around because people want it to be.

On other note I believe IMG has purchased another parcel of land to expand.  http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180627/img-keeps-growing-with-90-acre-purchase

7 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I would have to say to an extent yeah... @Zoe Boy just hear me out is it the only reason ? No not even close but the crowd can and have played a factor in a lot football and basketball games and not just in high school ...college and pro... the band. To especially at Black schools or even white schools to...how I know ?? I’ve seen it as a former player and coach ...you tell me a home crowd of over 3,000+ at a football game or basketball with it being 4th and goal with 1 second left crowd going insane or home team up one away team at the free throw line home crowd shaking the roof off the gymnasium...u mean to tell me that can’t even alter the game ?? It can and it has ...I kno that this is not even the main topic of this thread but since it was brought up I have to say in south Florida the crowd may not be a factor because compared to Texas and other States that’s live and breath football fans down here especially in the hood they don’t give Af ...it can be a crowd of 1000 plus and u can’t even here them half don’t even know when or who scores a td cuz they in their phone on ig or Facebook.

That's how it been at Columbia last few years 

They may bring anywhere from 2-4k people a game but you wouldn't know it because you could hear crickets

On 6/15/2018 at 12:11 AM, Proseteye said:

Almost all public schools across the land, at least the newer ones, are built with extensive athletic facilities; football fields, soccer fields, baseball fields, tennis courts, synthetic tracks, weight rooms, large indoor gymnasiums for basketball, Locker rooms and showers , and some even have swimming pools. Of course they all need stands and facilities for fans and the bands. A huge investment. None of which goes toward improving academics nor for increased teacher's pay.

Not that we would not want things today to be better than in years past, but the "expectations" today are mindblowing.  When I think of public schools and even "rich" private schools from 30+ years ago...it is like a different universe.  Kids today would look at some of the weight rooms and say "Are you kidding me? "   ...tiny sweatboxes.   

There are older folks on tight budgets who grew up very poor who get a bad taste in their mouth when they see something like this below and at the same time hear about how our teachers are underpaid and students are failing.      

Image result for ponte vedra high school weight room

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Not that we would not want things today to be better than in years past, but the "expectations" today are mindblowing.  When I think of public schools and even "rich" private schools from 30+ years ago...it is like a different universe.  Kids today would look at some of the weight rooms and say "Are you kidding me? "   ...tiny sweatboxes.   

There are older folks on tight budgets who grew up very poor who get a bad taste in their mouth when they see something like this below and at the same time hear about how our teachers are underpaid and students are failing.      

Image result for ponte vedra high school weight room

You right there

If public schools were getting a fair sum of money I wouldn't care too much about img

But when this state poor mouths and says there isn't any money there for public schools but then will give millions to a already rich academy who don't even need the funding since they are overflowing with cash i will take offense to it

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You right there

If public schools were getting a fair sum of money I wouldn't care too much about img

But when this state poor mouths and says there isn't any money there for public schools but then will give millions to a already rich academy who don't even need the funding since they are overflowing with cash i will take offense to it

This is older data below, but speaks to what Proseteye mentioned earlier. The US spends $600billion per year on K-12 education.  The money is there issue is with how the money is spent, ie billion of dollars spent each year on textbooks, desire for smaller class sizes, etc.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-education-spending-tops-global-list-study-shows/

43 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

This is older data below, but speaks to what Proseteye mentioned earlier. The US spends $600billion per year on K-12 education.  The money is there issue is with how the money is spent, ie billion of dollars spent each year on textbooks, desire for smaller class sizes, etc.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-education-spending-tops-global-list-study-shows/

On 6/27/2018 at 1:45 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Another thing that the state does that screws public schools 

You said they give funding based on how many students but they don't take the official enrollment numbers, they take the numbers from the day they take count in classrooms,  what does this mean? 

It means that if say 50-100 students are absent the day they take count then those 50-100 students won't count towards the funding numbers so they won't actually receive 10k per student average for the total students,  it will be 10k per student average based on the flawed numbers of the day they took count

On 6/30/2018 at 4:12 AM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Never said it don’t have a impact but I’m telling you as a former player and a coach kids ain’t worrying about crowd sizes and fans... Man I’m a canes fan since I started understanding and playing ball so I’ll say at 5 years old.. I seen the good and bad and good and bad again lol... Been to a lot of canes fans as a Jit till now and taking my own kids to ALOT of canes games... Man all them games at the old Orange bowl and currently Hardrock wasn’t always swoll.. Even in there Championships years.. I don’t think them boys back then n now cared about it.. Now you do have folks like you that do.. More power to you.. But I’m old school and what coaches use to tell us back in the days is it doesn’t matter how many fans they have in the stands ..... We still gonna go whoop some ass! Shit didn’t stop MNW to go up to Texas and beat SLC and that was a college stadium that was on swoll for a HS game!