What’s with all this Deerfield hype !?

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

The only thing I can agree with you about Deerfield is they shit the bed when it comes to state titles.. But yea they deserve to be rank high.. 2 years ago was there chance to make it to States and lost to Southridge in a dogfight... They beat the private power which is in Broward in some years.. Number consistent thing they have going on over there is the coaching staff.. maybe that needs to get change... But I don’t see no problem of them being rank.. Are they chock artistes yes but I don’t mind the ranking.. Sounds more like a little hate to me... just my opinion...

Hate ? Come ooonnn Zoe ...so u agree with them being ranked top 50 NATIONALLY....NATIONALLY!!??! Off of what ..a few regular seasons wins over STA or because they had a chance to make it to states a few years back but didn’t make it ? 

All in all their ratings and hype does not match their resume.

To be fair to Deerfield, if one questions their ranking, one could question why Cardinal Gibbons, Chaminade and Wekiva are all so highly regarded.  All four teams are lacking in the "quality" wins department against elite-level competition over the past couple of years.  If DB is not-so-hot, well, Chaminade and Gibbons both struggled with them, so maybe they are not-so-hot either.  

Look at Armwood's schedule over the past few years.  There is limited evidence there that screams they are one of the best teams in the country.  Am not saying any of these teams are not one of the best teams in the country.  Just a lot of questions.  

The only thing I can figure is that these teams are being judged based on individual talent and potential, not necessarily results on the field.  DB certainly has tremendous potential.  The problem is that these polls are all black box stuff, so it is difficult to figure why teams are ranked where they are.       

43 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

To be fair to Deerfield, if one questions their ranking, one could question why Cardinal Gibbons, Chaminade and Wekiva are all so highly regarded.  All four teams are lacking in the "quality" wins department against elite-level competition over the past couple of years.  If DB is not-so-hot, well, Chaminade and Gibbons both struggled with them, so maybe they are not-so-hot either.  

Look at Armwood's schedule over the past few years.  There is limited evidence there that screams they are one of the best teams in the country.  Am not saying any of these teams are not one of the best teams in the country.  Just a lot of questions.  

The only thing I can figure is that these teams are being judged based on individual talent and potential, not necessarily results on the field.  DB certainly has tremendous potential.  The problem is that these polls are all black box stuff, so it is difficult to figure why teams are ranked where they are.       

I’ll say the same for gibbons but Chaminade won states last year I’m not mistaken Deerfield didn’t ...potential sometential...have you delivered ?? Hell no 

armwood actually went to state what 5 str8 years ? Did they win ? No unfortunately they ran into some national elite Miami teams but they are not nationally ranked top 50 either. 

And if we are talking about talent we’re talking like Deerfield is loaded with 4 and 5 stars lol I’m sorry I’m jus now drinking the Deerfield cool aid 

18 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

I’ll say the same for gibbons but Chaminade won states last year I’m not mistaken Deerfield didn’t ...potential sometential...have you delivered ?? Hell no 

armwood actually went to state what 5 str8 years ? Did they win ? No unfortunately they ran into some national elite Miami teams but they are not nationally ranked top 50 either. 

And if we are talking about talent we’re talking like Deerfield is loaded with 4 and 5 stars lol I’m sorry I’m jus now drinking the Deerfield cool aid 

Chaminade won the state title and had a fine team, but their playoff path was ridiculously easy.  In that sense, their state title only went so far in terms of convincing me.  Like Chaminade, Atlantic won 4 playoff games last year, but Atlantic's wins, in total, were far more impressive than Chaminade's.  Does that mean Atlantic is better?  Not necessarily.  But it does leave doubts.

Hey, sounds like you need to complain to the pollsters.:)  Don't think anyone on here put them top 50 in the country. LOL

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Chaminade won the state title and had a fine team, but their playoff path was ridiculously easy.  In that sense, their state title only went so far in terms of convincing me.  Like Chaminade, Atlantic won 4 playoff games last year, but Atlantic's wins, in total, were far more impressive than Chaminade's.  Does that mean Atlantic is better?  Not necessarily.  But it does leave doubts.

Hey, sounds like you need to complain to the pollsters.:)  Don't think anyone on here put them top 50 in the country. LOL

They certainly wouldn't be in mine

And i decided i won't do national polls until October 

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Lol but this site is drinking the same coolaid I think @ColumbiaHighFan2017class Has then top 20 In all of Florida and the constant high praise of them on here with out them doing anything is funny lol tell u what they win tonight and I’ll start to give them some props but the jury will still b out come post season time 

3 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Lol but this site is drinking the same coolaid I think @ColumbiaHighFan2017class Has then top 20 In all of Florida and the constant high praise of them on here with out them doing anything is funny lol tell u what they win tonight and I’ll start to give them some props but the jury will still b out come post season time 

I had them at 22 but they went up when they beat Chaminade 

9 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

So much of today is about drinking Koolaid...people judging teams who know relatively little in the way of facts about the program.  This is not directed to you Panther...just speaking in general terms.

I see little discussion about coaching staffs, gameplans, and the "culture of winning/tradition of the program."  There are intangibles which are huge influences.  No, like so many other things in life, I can just spit some numbers into a computer and it gives me all of life's answers....wild a _ _ guessing disguised as deep thought.

People used to say about a certain coaching legend that he could take his players and beat yours and then take your players and beat his.  Why don't coaches get stars and get factored into the equation?   I bet 75% of people making polls couldn't tell you the first thing about a team's head coach, ...or anything else for that matter beyond a few star players and what the team's record was last season. 

It's much more fun talking and spouting opinions than quiet time listening and learning.

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

So much of today is about drinking Koolaid...people judging teams who know relatively little in the way of facts about the program.  This is not directed to you Panther...just speaking in general terms.

I see little discussion about coaching staffs, gameplans, and the "culture of winning/tradition of the program."  There are intangibles which are huge influences.  No, like so many other things in life, I can just spit some numbers into a computer and it gives me all of life's answers....wild a _ _ guessing disguised as deep thought.

People used to say about a certain coaching legend that he could take his players and beat yours and then take your players and beat his.  Why don't coaches get stars and get factored into the equation?   I bet 75% of people making polls couldn't tell you the first thing about a team's head coach, ...or anything else for that matter beyond a few star players and what the team's record was last season. 

It's much more fun talking and spouting opinions than quiet time listening and learning.

Couldn’t have said it better.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I would agree with round 1 and 2, but Chaminade's round 3 win was impressive and the state finals win was against even competition.

4 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I would agree with round 1 and 2, but Chaminade's round 3 win was impressive and the state finals win was against even competition.

I appreciate your point, Jessica, and my intent was not to belittle Chaminade's accomplishment.  My point was simply that one should be cautious when comparing teams using a criteria of "this one has won a title and this one hasn't."  Back in the day, we didn't see teams in 3A making the state finals by beating their playoff opponents 143-3 like Chaminade did last year. 

I think one should study the details to ensure an apples-to-apples comparison.  Using Atlantic as an example, they had to beat Plantation, Park Vista, Western, and Miami High to make it to the 8A final.  To me, that playoff path is light years from the one Chaminade faced, and, in that sense, Atlantic's appearance in the state final was at least equally as impressive as Chaminade's state title win.  

5 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Hate ? Come ooonnn Zoe ...so u agree with them being ranked top 50 NATIONALLY....NATIONALLY!!??! Off of what ..a few regular seasons wins over STA or because they had a chance to make it to states a few years back but didn’t make it ? 

All in all their ratings and hype does not match their resume.

There going off the potential..

11 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Zoe Boy, on another note, you think BTW have a chance against Central?  On this is not about that, but didn't think it worth starting a whole thread.  

I believe btw will strike first it will be a defense battle the first half and Mc is gonna take off second half 35-14 Mc 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Zoe Boy, on another note, you think BTW have a chance against Central?  On this is not about that, but didn't think it worth starting a whole thread.  

They always have a chance with ice in the sideline n their talent but size is always gonna nite them on the ass.. I expect a close game but got MC wining by 10

39 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Looks like DFB beat Buford 19-14.   VERY impressive win.   Makes me think Chaminade might be better than I thought. 

I saw promise in the films I saw of Chaminade vs Deerfield.  And I heard some were impressed by what they saw in the KOC vs Columbus, who beat Northwestern last night.  I am excited to see them play that Alabama team today.

16 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I saw promise in the films I saw of Chaminade vs Deerfield.  And I heard some were impressed by what they saw in the KOC vs Columbus, who beat Northwestern last night.  I am excited to see them play that Alabama team today.

Watched that game.  Honestly Chaminade was the better team don't know what happened in the first Q, but it seemed like dumb penalties by Chaminade are what gave MS any chance.   Should have probably been a 2-3 score game.   Chaminade looked better than CG.   CG without Bogle is just not up to par on the Dline.  

That being said Milton is also a much better team than MS.