Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmyb1980

Vero vs American Heritage

Recommended Posts

As I said in the spring, Vero's defense is going to carry the offense for the first couple of games until Vero's new quarterback gets his feet wet. Once he gets his confidence , watch out 8A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, roygod said:

As I said in the spring, Vero's defence is going to carry the offence for the first couple of games until Vero's new quarterback gets his feet wet. Once he gets his confidence , watch out 8A. 

I think Vero’s biggest question especially after the AHD game is going to be the O-line again this year. If Vero’s QB (Jankowski) has to scramble as much as he did last night, his learning curve could be steep.

Their remaining schedule doesn’t allow much slip ups with games against Venice, Chaminade and Viera still looming and district foes Centennial and Treasure Coast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

I think Vero’s biggest question especially after the AHD game is going to be the O-line again this year. If Vero’s QB (Jankowski) has to scramble as much as he did last night, his learning curve could be steep.

Their remaining schedule doesn’t allow much slip ups with games against Venice, Chaminade and Viera still looming and district foes Centennial and Treasure Coast. 

I watched Vero's O-line open up big holes against Dwyer and Boca in the spring games, and then against Sebastian River in the KOC game where we scored 41 points. So I think the O line will come on strong. In the AHD game, that's probably the best defense Vero has had to come up against. AHD is a really strong team as they beat Dwyer 35-0 in the KOC and then Dwyer just scored 35 points against Boynton Beach in game one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 was baffled by the fourth quarter.  Vero was getting a nice tempo going with the run and their rb (cannot remember his name) was gashing  an obviously tired AHD line...didn't see a need to get cute, like they did, or risk their qb having to scramble to make a great pass for the TD.  Between that and AHD fumbling at the end, honestly I think Vero was fortunate to come out with the win.   All that said, it was a nice win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

 was baffled by the fourth quarter.  Vero was getting a nice tempo going with the run and their rb (cannot remember his name) was gashing  an obviously tired AHD line...didn't see a need to get cute, like they did, or risk their qb having to scramble to make a great pass for the TD.  Between that and AHD fumbling at the end, honestly I think Vero was fortunate to come out with the win.   All that said, it was a nice win. 

Coach Jankowski is one the best coaches in Florida and I have never doubted his calls ( and he makes all calls ), but he was getting a little desperate trying to move the ball against a very talented AHD defence. Yes we were a little lucky to come out on top, but you have to give credit to Vero's defense which stopped AHD's offense from scoring any touchdowns, which was a pretty good task to accomplish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, roygod said:

Coach Jankowski is one the best coaches in Florida and I have never doubted his calls ( and he makes all calls ), but he was getting a little desperate trying to move the ball against a very talented AHD defence. Yes we were a little lucky to come out on top, but you have to give credit to Vero's defense which stopped AHD's offense from scoring any touchdowns, which was a pretty good task to accomplish.  

no doubt...but I thought they were plainly making a breakthrough with their run game and eliminating some of the need to be desperate.  Maybe I am the only one who saw it that way.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

no doubt...but I thought they were plainly making a breakthrough with their run game and eliminating some of the need to be desperate.  Maybe I am the only one who saw it that way.   

I agree...when the turnover happened I was surprised that they tried to get slick instead of pounding the rock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also had some huge missed throws last night too, if they would have connected wouldn’t of been close, and I’m not talking about contested catches but over throwing wide open guys, then the times we did hit them it called called back. Really need to work on the discipline. Both the running backs looked good though and I forget the one kids name he’s got some pretty good hands out of the backfield and quick feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trelle said:

We also had some huge missed throws last night too, if they would have connected wouldn’t of been close, and I’m not talking about contested catches but over throwing wide open guys, then the times we did hit them it called called back. Really need to work on the discipline. Both the running backs looked good though and I forget the one kids name he’s got some pretty good hands out of the backfield and quick feet.

If I remember correctly, at least one Vero receiver had a big drop, too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trelle said:

We also had some huge missed throws last night too, if they would have connected wouldn’t of been close, and I’m not talking about contested catches but over throwing wide open guys, then the times we did hit them it called called back. Really need to work on the discipline. Both the running backs looked good though and I forget the one kids name he’s got some pretty good hands out of the backfield and quick feet.

Starting RB is Bobby McMillan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Unbelievable game between two good teams....Vero pulls out a 7-3 final with the best defensive performance in the Jankowski Era

2012 is my favorite year for Vero's defense, teams ain't even score double digit points like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If I remember correctly, at least one Vero receiver had a big drop, too

Pretty sure that was the running back who dropped it, looked like he was thinking about what he was about to do instead of catching the ball, that would of been a big play if not a TD. Growing pains though replacing a lot of guys on offense they’ll work themselves out hopefully sooner than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN WPB-   Post week 1 rankings Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast

1. Vero Beach

2. Atlantic HS

3. Palm Beach Lakes

4. Centennial SLW

5.American Heritage

6. Palm Beach Gardens

7. Treasure Coast

8. Pahokee

9. Glades Central

10. Benjamin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, roygod said:

ESPN WPB-   Post week 1 rankings Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast

1. Vero Beach

2. Atlantic HS

3. Palm Beach Lakes

4. Centennial SLW

5.American Heritage

6. Palm Beach Gardens

7. Treasure Coast

8. Pahokee

9. Glades Central

10. Benjamin

I don’t know how good Vero is yet...but I don’t think they are better than Atlantic regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

I don’t know how good Vero is yet...but I don’t think they are better than Atlantic regardless

I agree,  Atlantic is usually the strongest 8a school in Palm Beach County and is two years removed from playing in the 8a title game (which DP won.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, Trelle said:

Pretty sure that was the running back who dropped it, looked like he was thinking about what he was about to do instead of catching the ball, that would of been a big play if not a TD. Growing pains though replacing a lot of guys on offense they’ll work themselves out hopefully sooner than later.

Bob just dropped it.  He was heading on a vertical route initiated when the QB scrambled.   Stuff happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×