Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmyb1980

Chaminade Vs Vero

Recommended Posts

So treasure coast was favored by 4 and Vero wins by 1....Chaminade is a top 10 team in the state in most rankings and is only favored by 6....is Chaminade overrated or they giving Vero too much credit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

So treasure coast was favored by 4 and Vero wins by 1....Chaminade is a top 10 team in the state in most rankings and is only favored by 6....is Chaminade overrated or they giving Vero too much credit?

I will say neither this is just a pick ems type game chaminade trailed pahokee at the half last week but rollee them in the 2nd half ...vero is on this amazing regular season streak and upsetted a previous undefeated treasure team on the road.

This game can go either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

So treasure coast was favored by 4 and Vero wins by 1....Chaminade is a top 10 team in the state in most rankings and is only favored by 6....is Chaminade overrated or they giving Vero too much credit?

Vero beats Chaminade in a game similar to the vero heritage game, they will struggle with FPC also, FPC silently played strong D thru out the season and the only team to score alotta points on em was Treasure Coast and TC was supposed to beat Vero but they ain't have no kicker......the Viera game is a toss up but I'll lean Vero because it's at home and then after that Deerfield beats Vero pretty bad in the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

So treasure coast was favored by 4 and Vero wins by 1....Chaminade is a top 10 team in the state in most rankings and is only favored by 6....is Chaminade overrated or they giving Vero too much credit?

Vero beats Chaminade in a game similar to the vero heritage game, they will struggle with FPC also, FPC silently played strong D thru out the season and the only team to score alotta points on em was Treasure Coast and TC was supposed to beat Vero but they ain't have no kicker......the Viera game is a toss up but I'll lean Vero because it's at home and then after that Deerfield beats Vero pretty bad in the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I will say neither this is just a pick ems type game chaminade trailed pahokee at the half last week but rollee them in the 2nd half ...vero is on this amazing regular season streak and upsetted a previous undefeated treasure team on the road.

This game can go either way.

PK coaches made the dumbest halftime adjustment on defense and Chaminade-Madonna scored 23 points in the third quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will probably be a close game, unless Vero's quarterback finally puts it together. Vero should win this game as they are more motivated than CM. Their 60 game winning streak is on line,  they have the home field advantage, and they have twice as many players. CM raves about their D1 running backs but Vero has 4 super running backs, Meizinger, McMillian, Dawson, and Woulard. As a much larger school Vero should be able to outlast CM in the second half. As I said, if Vero's quarterback can put the passing game together, Vero could go to states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, roygod said:

This will probably be a close game, unless Vero's quarterback finally puts it together. Vero should win this game as they are more motivated than CM. Their 60 game winning streak is on line,  they have the home field advantage, and they have twice as many players. CM raves about their D1 running backs but Vero has 4 super running backs, Meizinger, McMillian, Dawson, and Woulard. As a much larger school Vero should be able to outlast CM in the second half. As I said, if Vero's quarterback can put the passing game together, Vero could go to states.

I doubt Vero can outlast CM, they regularly play 6-8A schools much better than Vero and beat them, and Vero has had trouble with smaller schools that can out athlete them ( Pahokee, AHD.) As Flotech said, I see this game similar to the AHD game, but Chaminade has much better personnel and wins 14-10.

 

Going forward, I don’t see anything to say this years team can go any further than the last several years, I see them losing in the 2nd to 3rd round again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I doubt Vero can outlast CM, they regularly play 6-8A schools much better than Vero and beat them, and Vero has had trouble with smaller schools that can out athlete them ( Pahokee, AHD.) As Flotech said, I see this game similar to the AHD game, but Chaminade has much better personnel and wins 14-10.

 

Going forward, I don’t see anything to say this years team can go any further than the last several years, I see them losing in the 2nd to 3rd round again. 

Speaking of athlete's, did I forget to mention that Vero has the highest 8A RPI ranking in the state, also one of the best defense's in 8A . Vero .776 8A  CM .654 3A. There is a reason for those stats - we are loaded with athlete's on both sides of the ball !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, roygod said:

Speaking of athlete's, did I forget to mention that Vero has the highest 8A RPI ranking in the state, also one of the best defense's in 8A . Vero .776 8A  CM .654 3A. There is a reason for those stats - we are loaded with athlete's on both sides of the ball !!

Deerfield gonna blast Vero but Vero will finish the regular season undefeated again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Deerfield gonna blast Vero but Vero will finish the regular season undefeated again 

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT DEERFIELD A LITTLE BETTER. THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST TO TWO TEAMS THAT HAVE A LESS THAN .500 AVG. DEERFIELD ALSO HAS A LOWER RPI RANKING THAN VERO. The RPI ratings are a lot more credible than yours or my biased opinions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, roygod said:

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT DEERFIELD A LITTLE BETTER. THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST TO TWO TEAMS THAT HAVE A LESS THAN .500 AVG. DEERFIELD ALSO HAS A LOWER RPI RANKING THAN VERO. The RPI ratings are a lot more credible than yours or my biased opinions

Deerfield is LOADED on offense they have played a MUCH TOUGHER SCHEDULE than Vero have, if Deerfield beats STA, you can say goodbye to that no.1 rankings, Deerfield got TWO 4* RBs that'll plow thru the middle of that defense, if Lake Minneola found out that shit wit iight players, what u think is gonna happen with Deerfield with that speed they got that's horrible match up for Vero 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Deerfield is LOADED on offense they have played a MUCH TOUGHER SCHEDULE than Vero have, if Deerfield beats STA, you can say goodbye to that no.1 rankings, Deerfield got TWO 4* RBs that'll plow thru the middle of that defense, if Lake Minneola found out that shit wit iight players, what u think is gonna happen with Deerfield with that speed they got that's horrible match up for Vero 

Deerfield's strong opponent records?

Spanish River     0-7

Oakridge             0-7

Carol City            3-5

St Johns             3-4

Boca Raton         4-3

Zachary                4-2

That's a pretty weak schedule to me !!   And trust the ratings, they are not going to get by STA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, roygod said:

Deerfield's strong opponent records?

Spanish River     0-7

Oakridge             0-7

Carol City            3-5

St Johns             3-4

Boca Raton         4-3

Zachary                4-2

That's a pretty weak schedule to me !!   And trust the ratings, they are not going to get by STA.

 

Carol City and St John's is better than anything Vero has done and I bet Vero struggles with half the teams on here too SMH they ain't even put a runnin clock on PSL LoL I guarantee you that Deerfield would put a runnin clock on em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roygod said:

Speaking of athlete's, did I forget to mention that Vero has the highest 8A RPI ranking in the state, also one of the best defense's in 8A . Vero .776 8A  CM .654 3A. There is a reason for those stats - we are loaded with athlete's on both sides of the ball !!

I don’t know if you were around the last time Chaminade came to town (2003) but they were 2A at the time and there was a lot of talk around Vero being a much bigger school, Vero having more athletes, wearing them down etc.

I seem to remember the Lions going into half with a 35-0 lead and a running clock during the 2nd half. Vero scored twice against their 2’s and 3’s to make it respectable, but that’s the kind of scenario that can happen against this type of team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I seem to remember the Lions going into half with a 35-0 lead and a running clock during the 2nd half. Vero scored twice against their 2’s and 3’s to make it respectable, but that’s the kind of scenario that can happen against this type of team. 

I don't think this Chaminade team is that good. With that said, despite Vero scoring 31 in its last game, this year's team seems to lack a potent offense. I suspect Chaminade wins this game by about 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I don't think this Chaminade team is that good. With that said, despite Vero scoring 31 in its last game, this year's team seems to lack a potent offense. I suspect Chaminade wins this game by about 10. 

Chaminade is missing a top D1 prospect on their team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I still think they win by a small margin, though. I don't think this VB team is as goods as some of the recent ones. 

That's true but don't sleep on Vero at their house tho I respect yo opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Floridatech said:

They are because a friend told me bout them if u want mo info u can inbox me

I have seen them on film. They have a lot of athletes which they always do, but they are not a complete team. Yes, I would pick them to beat VB, but I don't think they can get past Palmetto or South Dade or Columbus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion when we talk aboit dfb beingbgood or how good are they...what are the receipts we are going by??? OTHER Then the names on their roster because every "TOUGH" game they had they not only lost but were blown out....now they have another tough game friday which they will b blown out again "shruga shoulders"

Also ..fair to note that out of the 3 tough games dfb has played two of those teams post losing records right now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×