Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ColumbiaHighFan2017class

All Time Columbia High School Football Team

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, badbird said:

you have 5 head coaches.  I hope they get along with each other

Actually Brian Allen was voted to be the head coach

 

The other 4 are assistant coaches as I took the 5 longest tenured and winningest coaches in history of Columbia to claim the coach slots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://columbiahighh2003.wixsite.com/tigersportsnetwork/columbia-football-all-time-team

 

 

Definitely check it out, also got a lot of good stuff on the website in general

So, I assume these players were all-time best at Columbia. But I noticed that no one was listed before the 1940s. And, I believe Columbia has been around before 1940 and probably played football before then. Is there any reason no "golden age" old timers were not on your list? Lack of information, etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

So, I assume these players were all-time best at Columbia. But I noticed that no one was listed before the 1940s. And, I believe Columbia has been around before 1940 and probably played football before then. Is there any reason no "golden age" old timers were not on your list? Lack of information, etc.?

1940 was the earliest nomination we received when doing the list, unfortunately nominations were needed because information on the older teams were nearly impossible to come by 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1940 was the earliest nomination we received when doing the list, unfortunately nominations were needed because information on the older teams were nearly impossible to come by 

Makes sense. The people knowledgeable of those teams have probably all died off by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Makes sense. The people knowledgeable of those teams have probably all died off by now. 

Pretty much 

 

It's a shame but I could only work with so much when those older programs had practically no records available from that time period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...