Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
ColumbiaHighFan2017class

All Time Columbia High School Football Team

2 hours ago, badbird said:

you have 5 head coaches.  I hope they get along with each other

Actually Brian Allen was voted to be the head coach

The other 4 are assistant coaches as I took the 5 longest tenured and winningest coaches in history of Columbia to claim the coach slots 

18 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://columbiahighh2003.wixsite.com/tigersportsnetwork/columbia-football-all-time-team

Definitely check it out, also got a lot of good stuff on the website in general

So, I assume these players were all-time best at Columbia. But I noticed that no one was listed before the 1940s. And, I believe Columbia has been around before 1940 and probably played football before then. Is there any reason no "golden age" old timers were not on your list? Lack of information, etc.?

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

So, I assume these players were all-time best at Columbia. But I noticed that no one was listed before the 1940s. And, I believe Columbia has been around before 1940 and probably played football before then. Is there any reason no "golden age" old timers were not on your list? Lack of information, etc.?

1940 was the earliest nomination we received when doing the list, unfortunately nominations were needed because information on the older teams were nearly impossible to come by 

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1940 was the earliest nomination we received when doing the list, unfortunately nominations were needed because information on the older teams were nearly impossible to come by 

Makes sense. The people knowledgeable of those teams have probably all died off by now. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Makes sense. The people knowledgeable of those teams have probably all died off by now. 

Pretty much 

It's a shame but I could only work with so much when those older programs had practically no records available from that time period