Browards top 10!

Jullian

On 8/13/2021 at 5:02 PM, Jullian said:

Watch out for Cypress Bay. Rocco Cassulo , STA’s best coach ever, has the biggest school in the state, to make a statement. Western has lost a lot of talent, but has a great coach.  Miramar has been mediocre.  

Wasn't George Smith the coach for STA in most of their best years?

STA vs Dillard should be a great game. Both are ranked top 5 in Florida and top 50 in the nation. Of course anything can happen and probably will before game time.

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What poll is Dillard that high in?

As the panther fanatic on board I had to go check this out and as far as TOP 5 In Florida that’s most def correct according to max preps. 

nationally we’re not that high, do I believe we can be ? HELL YEAH! But we got to earn it and if we continue to play like we’ve been doing the last two years we WILL be. 

As far as MAXPREPS TOP 10 goes it’s as listed. 

1. IMG academy 

2. American heritage 

3. Miami central 

4. ST THOMAS 

5. DILLARD

6. GULIVER PREP

7. GIBBONS 

8. Chaminade

9. Venice 

10. Columbus 

Where As the crib South Florida Top 10 rankings look like this…

1. Miami central

2. American heritage 

3. St Thomas 

4. Cardinal Gibbons 

5. Chaminade 

6. Deerfield 

7. Dillard 

8. Miami northwestern 

9. Western

10. gulliver 

A poster stated-Rocco Casullo STA former coach is the best coach ever there?

That coach would be the just retired legendary George Smith who built the program from the ground up-

1.St.Thomas Aquinas-Next week Baltimore’s St.Frances Academy they are loaded and huge-They are really a college prep team in terms of age and size-They came down to Traz Powell a few years ago and obliterated Miami Central shut them out if I recall-Gonna be a very difficult game for Aquinas but, it’s at 12 noon-Maybe the Heat will help STA-This a very talented Aquinas team again.

2.Cardinal Gibbons-Just beat Miami Palmetto-Gibbons has studs everywhere and gets outstanding coaching from Matt Dubuc and his staff-They play STA at home this year.

3.American Heritage Plantation-They lost to IMG 35-15 tonight-They lost their QB early in the game so it hurt them -IMG has the most talent in the country let’s not kid-Heritage will be fine especially come state championship time-

4.Chaminade-They shutout Dillard who moved to 7A this year-Chaminade is just dominant in their class-No one is close right now-They are loaded with D-1 prospects .

5.Western-They have maybe the best passing QB in South Florida in Collin Hurst kid can make any pass on the high school level they are loaded at WR-Incredible offense led by coach Rak-Look out a definite state contender in 8A

6.Deerfield Beach-Alway talented-They blew out out Tru Prep Academy tonight-Several D-1 commitments-8A contender for the title -Maybe they get it their first ship this year-

The rest is up for debate-As of right now these are clearly the top 6-Maybe Dillard comes on later.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

STA vs Dillard should be a great game. Both are ranked top 5 in Florida and top 50 in the nation. Of course anything can happen and probably will before game time.

George Smith was their coach for 30+ years he’s a legend and the Goat-He built STA football and the athletic program to what it is today-STA puts more players in the NFL than any school in the nation that includes IMG, Mater Dei and St.John Bosco -Dillard was shut out by another Broward power Chaminade out of Hollywood-
I don’t think Dillard will challenge STA this year but, there’s plenty of time to improve-There both in the same neighborhood gonna be fun as is STA at Cardinal Gibbons!

6 hours ago, Steve U said:

George Smith was their coach for 30+ years he’s a legend and the Goat-He built STA football and the athletic program to what it is today-STA puts more players in the NFL than any school in the nation that includes IMG, Mater Dei and St.John Bosco -Dillard was shut out by another Broward power Chaminade out of Hollywood-
I don’t think Dillard will challenge STA this year but, there’s plenty of time to improve-There both in the same neighborhood gonna be fun as is STA at Cardinal Gibbons!

Most def have to improve on that OL, but this isn’t just some regular smegular team we faced we just faced the 50th ranked team in the nation, if there is any game to show where we’re weak at & what needs to be fixed I rather it had been this game. 

18 hours ago, Steve U said:

A poster stated-Rocco Casullo STA former coach is the best coach ever there?

That coach would be the just retired legendary George Smith who built the program from the ground up-

1.St.Thomas Aquinas-Next week Baltimore’s St.Frances Academy they are loaded and huge-They are really a college prep team in terms of age and size-They came down to Traz Powell a few years ago and obliterated Miami Central shut them out if I recall-Gonna be a very difficult game for Aquinas but, it’s at 12 noon-Maybe the Heat will help STA-This a very talented Aquinas team again.

2.Cardinal Gibbons-Just beat Miami Palmetto-Gibbons has studs everywhere and gets outstanding coaching from Matt Dubuc and his staff-They play STA at home this year.

3.American Heritage Plantation-They lost to IMG 35-15 tonight-They lost their QB early in the game so it hurt them -IMG has the most talent in the country let’s not kid-Heritage will be fine especially come state championship time-

4.Chaminade-They shutout Dillard who moved to 7A this year-Chaminade is just dominant in their class-No one is close right now-They are loaded with D-1 prospects .

5.Western-They have maybe the best passing QB in South Florida in Collin Hurst kid can make any pass on the high school level they are loaded at WR-Incredible offense led by coach Rak-Look out a definite state contender in 8A

6.Deerfield Beach-Alway talented-They blew out out Tru Prep Academy tonight-Several D-1 commitments-8A contender for the title -Maybe they get it their first ship this year-

The rest is up for debate-As of right now these are clearly the top 6-Maybe Dillard comes on later.

DFB blowing out tru prep is not a statement win tho chaminade is levels better then tru prep. 

granted no team wants to be shut out, how ever look at the two Goliath’s that was going against each other, in the first scrimmage of the season. 

that’s like AHP losing 3-0 to TCA & they’re not even ranked higher the CM nationally, but AHP is still considered a power house. And even in a loss I still believe that Dillard showed themselves to be amongst top 5 in broward and top 20 in the state. 

for us to not be RANKED at all nationally and held our own against the #50 nationally ranked team that says a lot.

so while I don’t think DiLLARD should raise any right now, I don’t think they should be dropped either iN my i opinion.

@VeniceIndiansFootball @muckboy561 @DarterBlue2 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

DFB blowing out tru prep is not a statement win tho chaminade is levels better then tru prep. 

granted no team wants to be shut out, how ever look at the two Goliath’s that was going against each other, in the first scrimmage of the season. 

that’s like AHP losing 3-0 to TCA & they’re not even ranked higher the CM nationally, but AHP is still considered a power house. And even in a loss I still believe that Dillard showed themselves to be amongst top 5 in broward and top 20 in the state. 

for us to not be RANKED at all nationally and held our own against the #50 nationally ranked team that says a lot.

so while I don’t think DiLLARD should raise any right now, I don’t think they should be dropped either iN my i opinion.

@VeniceIndiansFootball @muckboy561 @DarterBlue2 

You guys deserve to be ranked, but that o-line will seriously hinder them if they can’t repair it before at least the game against Deerfield. Boyd Anderson may just prove to be a worthy opponent, and a win will be telling if Dillard can get their blocking under control. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You guys deserve to be ranked, but that o-line will seriously hinder them if they can’t repair it before at least the game against Deerfield. Boyd Anderson may just prove to be a worthy opponent, and a win will be telling if Dillard can get their blocking under control. 

I agree bro 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Yes he was. I think, not sure,  Rocco had at least one of their Natl championships, possibly both. Rocco & cypress bay got pummeled by NMB last week. Like Lou Holts said, “Its not the X’s & O’s that win, it’s the Jimmy’s & Joe’s that wins games!”

On 8/22/2021 at 5:44 PM, Jullian said:

Yes he was. I think, not sure,  Rocco had at least one of their Natl championships, possibly both. Rocco & cypress bay got pummeled by NMB last week. Like Lou Holts said, “Its not the X’s & O’s that win, it’s the Jimmy’s & Joe’s that wins games!”

No Smith retired after the 2010 season (second natty).   Jullian was a good man btw.