Jump to content

TAMPA JESUIT STUNS STA!! (24-21) Raiders Fall to (1-1)


THIS_IS_DILLARD
 Share

Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Jesuit is good... Like potential 6A state title contender good... but they aren't STA good.... The team I saw will not be phased in the state of Florida this year.

I wish we could get a IMG vs STA game.  STA has matching athletes vs IMG maybe only Mater Dei or SJB have matching OLs.  I still think STA has a punchers chance vs IMG.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Look up their roster on 24/7 and compare it to past Miami Northwestern teams 

 

They aren't nearly as loaded as past teams, on paper they aren't much more loaded than Columbia is but nobody is giving Columbia any shot to even compete for a title but MNW is supposed to be the clear cut 6a favorite

See the thing here is I'd trust a full grown Tiger to baby sit my kids before I trust the people who rank players at 247 to do an accurate assessment of talent.  Also I despite and dislike 247 and never give them any clicks out of principal and history (You know this).

Talent is as talent does, they could be very talented or not as but you always have to worry about them come playoff time and watch what happens near the end of the season.  Judge them then.  they could be really good or could be average but you won't know that right now.

As for Columbia... Bro... they are a good team every year... but the problem is they haven't won a state title since you were in diapers (I actually don't remember the year I think it was like 02).  Either way don't get offended when a team that has consistently for the last 30 some years competed for and won state titles is favored over a team that has not won any in a decade or even competed in the big game... That right there is called logic.  I have no dog in the fight here I have not supported a school that has won a title like ever... (Showing my Pinellas roots here), but I am just saying don't get emotional over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I wouldn't overlook Jones HS (Orlando) when considering the best teams in 6A; they moved from 5A to 6A this season.

I am not overlooking anyone at all.  I am not a football coach so my opinion doesn't even matter.  Heck I haven't seen a live gave in a year and haven't seen Jones in person in like 5 or 6 LOL.  I am sure Jones is really good like they have been in recent years.  Jesuit is good too and their coaches won't look past anyone.  Peezy = Dumb Fan = don't take anything valid with my opinion.  LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

I wish we could get a IMG vs STA game.  STA has matching athletes vs IMG maybe only Mater Dei or SJB have matching OLs.  I still think STA has a punchers chance vs IMG.  

Yeah, I kind of don't care to see IMG play anyone at all LOL.  I would rather see STA play all the state champions of each division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

See the thing here is I'd trust a full grown Tiger to baby sit my kids before I trust the people who rank players at 247 to do an accurate assessment of talent.  Also I despite and dislike 247 and never give them any clicks out of principal and history (You know this).

Talent is as talent does, they could be very talented or not as but you always have to worry about them come playoff time and watch what happens near the end of the season.  Judge them then.  they could be really good or could be average but you won't know that right now.

As for Columbia... Bro... they are a good team every year... but the problem is they haven't won a state title since you were in diapers (I actually don't remember the year I think it was like 02).  Either way don't get offended when a team that has consistently for the last 30 some years competed for and won state titles is favored over a team that has not won any in a decade or even competed in the big game... That right there is called logic.  I have no dog in the fight here I have not supported a school that has won a title like ever... (Showing my Pinellas roots here), but I am just saying don't get emotional over it.

But the logic in that last paragraph just proved my point

 

Miami Northwestern is being boosted for it's reputation earned in past seasons not 2021 season

 

 

That is the most common mistake made in evaluation is people start to see teams for their past not their present 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just repeating what already has been said:  this game is being played Friday night (not Saturday night, as the title of the thread states).   I understand why the mistake was made; when the announcement first came out, it was reported that the game would be played Saturday night.  But someone made a mistake.   The game is Friday night.  Trust me -- I confirmed it with the mom of a Jesuit player!   :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to BREAKING NEWS! ST THOMAS VS JESUIT FRIDAY night 7pm
13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Look up their roster on 24/7 and compare it to past Miami Northwestern teams 

 

They aren't nearly as loaded as past teams, on paper they aren't much more loaded than Columbia is but nobody is giving Columbia any shot to even compete for a title but MNW is supposed to be the clear cut 6a favorite

I don't think 247, especially coming off the plague year where scouting was severely curtailed, is a great resource now. For example, for Lakeland 2022, they have a 2021 kid and a kid who was going to be a backup and since transferred to Lake Gibson. And several key guys are missing, including what may be their biggest 2023 recruit (Tyler Williams). With all of the roster shuffling in Dade, there's no telling who they may be missing for MNW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, skyway said:

I don't think 247, especially coming off the plague year where scouting was severely curtailed, is a great resource now. For example, for Lakeland 2022, they have a 2021 kid and a kid who was going to be a backup and since transferred to Lake Gibson. And several key guys are missing, including what may be their biggest 2023 recruit (Tyler Williams). With all of the roster shuffling in Dade, there's no telling who they may be missing for MNW.

247 Is marginal at best on a good year... COVID year!?!?!

Yeah he's right you can't say how good a team is based on history (that just let's you know they've done and can do it again) but you also can't base how good a team is going to be based on their players 247 profiles/rankings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, peezy28 said:

247 Is marginal at best on a good year... COVID year!?!?!

Yeah he's right you can't say how good a team is based on history (that just let's you know they've done and can do it again) but you also can't base how good a team is going to be based on their players 247 profiles/rankings. 

But that's exactly what every ranking service did when they ranked Miami Northwestern as high as they did 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, skyway said:

I don't think 247, especially coming off the plague year where scouting was severely curtailed, is a great resource now. For example, for Lakeland 2022, they have a 2021 kid and a kid who was going to be a backup and since transferred to Lake Gibson. And several key guys are missing, including what may be their biggest 2023 recruit (Tyler Williams). With all of the roster shuffling in Dade, there's no telling who they may be missing for MNW.

I was also tracking the transfers because thanks to sources like The Crib there was actually someone doing the leg work 

 

While schools like Miami Central or Miami Killian ended up with around 15-20 transfers Miami Northwestern ended up around 5-7 at most and also lost a few including one of their top players to STA 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami Northwestern graduated a ton of talent from last year but didn't exactly replace it during transfer season 

 

This Miami Northwestern team isn't loaded and anyone claiming that is either a liar or is guessing based on their reputation

It’s true what u said. Seeing them vs Venice, the OL & DL wasn’t “Bull like”. Their QB is sharp & accurate & they’ll always have good skill positions. Two variables stuck out at the game. They usually fill the stands. They were 1/3 filled. Didn’t see any leadership. They’re beatable, but who outside of south Florida can beat em?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami Northwestern graduated a ton of talent from last year but didn't exactly replace it during transfer season 

 

This Miami Northwestern team isn't loaded and anyone claiming that is either a liar or is guessing based on their reputation

In the south they’re Naples, Jesuit(we’ll find out about them this week), Hillsborough, & Norland. 
Up north(Reg 1 & 2) there’s Columbia, Jones, Vanguard........anyone else? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Jullian said:

It’s true what u said. Seeing them vs Venice, the OL & DL wasn’t “Bull like”. Their QB is sharp & accurate & they’ll always have good skill positions. Two variables stuck out at the game. They usually fill the stands. They were 1/3 filled. Didn’t see any leadership. They’re beatable, but who outside of south Florida can beat em?  

If you know Florida football then you know for the Bulls that is a sign... the Community knows whats up long before anyone else does.  If they arent packing the stands the product the Bulls will put out this year may not be up to the bar and they know it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jullian said:

In the south they’re Naples, Jesuit(we’ll find out about them this week), Hillsborough, & Norland. 
Up north(Reg 1 & 2) there’s Columbia, Jones, Vanguard........anyone else? 

I would put Mainland or Minneola over Vanguard

 

Vanguard looked very undisciplined and wouldn't be able to take advantage of Miami Northwestern being down 

 

The teams who would have best shot are ones with better coaching and similar talent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, peezy28 said:

If you know Florida football then you know for the Bulls that is a sign... the Community knows whats up long before anyone else does.  If they arent packing the stands the product the Bulls will put out this year may not be up to the bar and they know it.

So after all that all I needed to do was point out the fan numbers to get you to say what I was pointing out had Merit? LMAO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

You proved my point by proving your point... Don't trust ranking services.

Rankings services isn't the same thing as prospect services 

 

Ranking services would be rankings like Florida HS football.com, MaxPreps, prep Force, high school football America, calpreps, etc

 

All over ranked Miami Northwestern

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Jullian said:

It’s true what u said. Seeing them vs Venice, the OL & DL wasn’t “Bull like”. Their QB is sharp & accurate & they’ll always have good skill positions. Two variables stuck out at the game. They usually fill the stands. They were 1/3 filled. Didn’t see any leadership. They’re beatable, but who outside of south Florida can beat em?  

That we will find out 

 

They may get better over the course of the season but that applies to most teams but I think by mid season we will know where the standing of 6A will be come playoff time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to TAMPA JESUIT STUNS STA!! (24-21) Raiders Fall to (1-1)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...