Best teams in Florida in the last few years to not win States.

BrowardHandicapper

Niceville 2013 season. The kids back in 2009 on Niceville were good too going to state. Dwyer just seems to be the better school always beating them. 

Class 1A I would say Baker, they are going to states sooner than later with how coach Brunson is running. They just need to stop Port St Joe. 

Like Miami Norland in 2011?

That Norland team was a great team and kind of a one hit wonder.   They had a perfect season winning states that year over Wakulla 38-0.  They have been up and down they last few years but are generally a bubble playoff team in a pretty hard District.

The 2014 Monarch team had Shawn Burgess Becker and Calvin Ridley (both at Alabama now)  and his brother Cavin (now at Deerfield Beach) along with several other great players that played Coconut Creek and Deerfield Beach in 2015. Coach resigned and everyone jumped ship.  I doubt Monarch will win a playoff game anytime in the near future.

Who are the best teams out there that have had a few great teams, but still did not win states in the last few years? 

Dr. Phillips 2010 was by far the best Central Florida team that year. They did not have any real weaknesses. Unfortunately, they ran in to an even more loaded Miami Central (and a determined Davonta Freeman) in the state title game. Still, given they took an early 17 point lead, better coaching may have kept that game more interesting. That year's Phillips team would have won state in some of the other classes.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• From 2018-2021 when Dillard was one of the top 5 teams in broward we got there because on the beginning we schedule within our actual talent on the field, we showed success that we are atleast a avg program being able to take care of business against avg and below avg teams. And with the right personnel we can become above avg and actually contend.    and with that came a undefeated regular season in 2019 with a regional final birth, a undefeated COVID season in 2020 and a Fri county championship and a 1 loss season in 2021 and a second round exit on the road to homestead.    dillard has to get back to that. But scheduling central, chaminade , sta and etc of back dropping each game by 40 is not gonna help the program.    you can say “aye atleast we scheduled them we didn’t back down” like I’ve said several times on here lol. but there’s no moral victories in football. You either won or you lost.
    • I wouldn’t say okay with it because wether they was on the schedule or not I’m bleeding blue & gray all day ready for smoke with which ever team were lining up across.    but as a former player & coach I also understand that when you’re a second year head coach taking over a program that haven’t seen a deep playoff run since 2019 and over the last 5 years they’ve played chaminade 5 times (0-5), norland once (1-0) Central once (0-1) gibbons once (0-1) & on top of that you have a mass exodus of players after the coach before you left ; you have to build your program back up to a contending program before you try to schedule the big dogs of south Florida.    for EX: last year Dillard at STA, GIBBONS & chaminade on the schedule went (0-3) and each lost was by over 20+ the sta loss was 58-0. But those games had to be played because of the last year of the contract.     
    • Will Lake Minneola even have a team come August 
    • Oh sounds like you're okay with not having St. Thomas on the schedule 
    • It seems possible BTW canceled on Lakeland. The game was removed from Maxpreps and the Lakeland football Twitter posted that they need games. Must be a bad offseason for transfers at BTW.
  • Popular Contributors