SHOCKERS 4 TONIGHT.! ...LETS TALK LOL

Yes, they did. AHD won by 7 or 8 last year. Now, I know Naples is always a good team; however, my understanding is that this Naples team was going to need a few weeks to get going as they had a big graduating class. 

In week 1, I understand if a team gets upset or if an aspect of the game isn't working right. It's week 1- that stuff is to be expected, but AHD giving up 50, to me, is a huge shocker.

I expected to Gibbons to handle Plantation with ease but did not see that score coming as well.

Biggest upset on the night to me by far in SFL was Hallandale over Deerfield Beach. Talent-wise Hallandale is down - unless they found 20+ D1 players off the street or something. Deerfield may have caught the injury bug early last week and had a couple key players got hurt but either way...a loss to Hallanale is inexcusable with Deerfield's roster. I've been saying all along though - 8A in SFL is way down from last year.

Oxbridge over Flanagan - Not a shocker at all to me. I expected this game to go down to the wire and could go either way.

BTW /STA - Not a huge shocker BTW getting the W. I figured STA by about 6-10. The shocker for me was how the game ended. I did not really like the play calling by STA at the end. QB sneak or they could have even spiked the ball and powered up the middle with Epstein.

That BTW VS STA game reminded me of the Seahawks vs Patriots Super Bowl game lol. Just run the ball!

That BTW VS STA game reminded me of the Seahawks vs Patriots Super Bowl game lol. Just run the ball!

That #26 was killing them all night too !! Oh well jus prove that Jake Allen is overrated and a robot qb..... He predicts his throws.... So happy with that win.. I don't think St Thomas didn't know BTW would be this Gd that's fast compared to last year... It's safe to say STA will not be coming to Dade county anytime soon besides a playoff game...

That #26 was killing them all night too !! Oh well jus prove that Jake Allen is overrated and a robot qb..... He predicts his throws.... So happy with that win.. I don't think St Thomas didn't know BTW would be this Gd that's fast compared to last year... It's safe to say BTW will not be coming to Dade county anytime soon besides a playoff game...

You mean STA not coming to Dade?

That #26 was killing them all night too !! Oh well jus prove that Jake Allen is overrated and a robot qb..... He predicts his throws.... So happy with that win.. I don't think St Thomas didn't know BTW would be this Gd that's fast compared to last year... It's safe to say BTW will not be coming to Dade county anytime soon besides a playoff game...

I remember him as a backup Soph. at Cardinal Gibbons and even though he appears to have progressed a bit is that more because of STA WRs and OL?  Truth be told, haven't most STA QBs been a product of the system or simply a chess piece that just needs to make few mistakes because the big plays will be made with the STA talent and system?

I was just thinking....What is the true reason STA went so RB heavy this year???  Perhaps Coach Harriot has a slight inclination to the slight weakness of STA.  Smart move.

I remember him as a backup Soph. at Cardinal Gibbons and even though he appears to have progressed a bit is that more because of STA WRs and OL? Truth be told, haven't most STA QBs been a product of the system or simply a chess piece that just needs to make few mistakes because the big plays will be made with the STA talent and system?

I was just thinking....What is the true reason STA went so RB heavy this year??? Perhaps Coach Harriot has a slight inclination to the slight weakness of STA. Smart move.

Well I do remember that way of building a team, for a while we never really had a qb who would be able to make the big play to win the game so we built heavy run game and defense which seems to be how STA builds themselves, doesent jake Allen have a offer from Florida?

I remember him as a backup Soph. at Cardinal Gibbons and even though he appears to have progressed a bit is that more because of STA WRs and OL?  Truth be told, haven't most STA QBs been a product of the system or simply a chess piece that just needs to make few mistakes because the big plays will be made with the STA talent and system?

I was just thinking....What is the true reason STA went so RB heavy this year???  Perhaps Coach Harriot has a slight inclination to the slight weakness of STA.  Smart move.

Jake allen has good mechanics and measureables to be a good college quaterback

GIBBONS 49 PLANTATION 0....I know thay plantation was down but wow.!! lol

hallandale 22 deerfield beach 21 in overtime lol....wow so much was said about deerfield over the summer hallandale was suppose to be waaay down ...deerfield just beat a quality team in chamaniade last week in the KOC ...so i didnt see this 1 coming.

oxbridge beats flanagan 7-6 AT FLANAGAN ...i picked oxbridge in this game but to see them actually go on the road and do it..was pretty impressive

BTW BEATS THE NUMBER 1 IN THE NATION STA RAIDERS 27 23 RAIDERS THOUGHT THEY SCORED BUT WAS ACTUALLY STOPPED AT THE 1 YARD LINE AND THE VERY NEXT PLAY PICKED OFF GAME OVER LIKE WOW LOL JUST WOW I ALSO PICKED THE TORNADOES IN THIS 1.

JUST SHOCKERS EVERYWHERE MAN...THOUGHTS???

You got what you wanted brotha!  Haha it was your curse to STA!  

I doubt that, Nobodys mentioning it but STA. was robbed of a TD. I dont favor either team, but i thought BTW got some favorable calls. It is what it is.

Yea I was pretty upset at first, but STA blew so many chances.  Muffed punt, playcalling in the redzone, final play etc.    Sure the BTW td that was reversed, the roughing the kicker, and the last call were harsh though.   Not going to get any breaks as the away team though, STA knew that.  

Jake allen has good mechanics and measureables to be a good college quaterback

Agree, but it depends on the system he is in. Allen is a pro-style QB.  The SEC is probably the closest you are going to get to overall pro-style  and Florida would be a better system for him than say an Oregon type offense.  He has the size, arm strength and outside of directing his passes a lot, he has pretty good mechanics.  Not the swiftest on his feet but an elite OL around him.

Agree, but it depends on the system he is in. Allen is a pro-style QB. The SEC is probably the closest you are going to get to overall pro-style and Florida would be a better system for him than say an Oregon type offense. He has the size, arm strength and outside of directing his passes a lot, he has pretty good mechanics. Not the swiftest on his feet but an elite OL around him.

So what would his weaknesses be?

Agree, but it depends on the system he is in. Allen is a pro-style QB.  The SEC is probably the closest you are going to get to overall pro-style  and Florida would be a better system for him than say an Oregon type offense.  He has the size, arm strength and outside of directing his passes a lot, he has pretty good mechanics.  Not the swiftest on his feet but an elite OL around him.

He needs to be more accurate.  Missed too many easy short passes.   Also pocket awareness.  Being an SEC qb you have to have that.  The pressure will be constant.  

He needs to be more accurate.  Missed too many easy short passes.   Also pocket awareness.  Being an SEC qb you have to have that.  The pressure will be constant.  

Well that's the thing with the SEC.  As much as you are learning the closest to NFL playbooks offensively you have to pay the price with the physical, fast defenses.  Then you have the offenses that are designed to pad stats..Oregon, Baylor, Tulsa, Hawaii, and Western Kentucky to mind of the top of my head.

@TheFishbowl You can't say that because there were lots of calls Booker T. Washington didn't get like face mask and a holding penalty. What I don't like is when people talk about the last few Plays of the game when you had all game to make plays and win. I can't stand St. Thomas because they think there an inferior team, but I want a fair game played and that call on the touchdown was correct. When you're not sure about a call in a big game like this you don't call anything and besides that call what happened afterwards. St. Thomas went and through an interception which I would of thought pound the ball and run it in or maybe Harriott thought well if we throw the ball we can catch them off guard because they thinking we gone run it. Any who best wishes to the both of them and their season.

Well that's the thing with the SEC. As much as you are learning the closest to NFL playbooks offensively you have to pay the price with the physical, fast defenses. Then you have the offenses that are designed to pad stats..Oregon, Baylor, Tulsa, Hawaii, and Western Kentucky to mind of the top of my head.

Haven't more nfl teams and college teams been moving to the spread to take advantage of the speed the qb and receivers these days have