OSCEOLA KOWBOYS DOWN DAYTONA MAINLAND 33-6

Ray Icaza

Osceola defense played lights out against an extremely talented Mainland offense shutting down the run and making them one-dimensional.  They have an excellent dual threat QB that can make plays with his arm and his legs so we knew that would be the challenge going into this game.  Unfortunately, his receiving group didn't help him much dropping several short passes that could have moved the chains some but they just couldn't move the ball consistently.  Penalties hurt them as well as a couple of back breaking turnovers.   We were pretty efficient early running and throwing the ball against their defense.  Our QB got a little sloppy/careless late with some ill advised throws that resulted in INT's.   He definitely needs to raise his level of play for us to make a deep run in the playoffs.  Should make short work of Toho HS next week to wrap up the district championship before closing our season out against West Orange.

23 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Osceola defense played lights out against an extremely talented Mainland offense shutting down the run and making them one-dimensional.  They have an excellent dual threat QB that can make plays with his arm and his legs so we knew that would be the challenge going into this game.  Unfortunately, his receiving group didn't help him much dropping several short passes that could have moved the chains some but they just couldn't move the ball consistently.  Penalties hurt them as well as a couple of back breaking turnovers.   We were pretty efficient early running and throwing the ball against their defense.  Our QB got a little sloppy/careless late with some ill advised throws that resulted in INT's.   He definitely needs to raise his level of play for us to make a deep run in the playoffs.  Should make short work of Toho HS next week to wrap up the district championship before closing our season out against West Orange.

Congrats on the win and definitely looking forward to y'all humbling Toho next week.

44 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Congrats on the win and definitely looking forward to y'all humbling Toho next week.

Toho HC has done them no favors, getting them to play an extremely soft schedule just to pad the stats of their freshman QB to make him look like a world beater.  They got their hat handed to them tonight by Harmony 40-7. 

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Toho HC has done them no favors, getting them to play an extremely soft schedule just to pad the stats of their freshman QB to make him look like a world beater.  They got their hat handed to them tonight by Harmony 40-7. 

I knew Harmony would win but didn't know they were gonna put it on them like that lol. Yea their coach didn't do them no favors at all and running around social media boasting. Yea we get your QB is good but no need to try to bash a player ranking list that doesn't have your freshman QB on a list that's meant for seniors only. On top of that he's gotten lucky his QB is still healthy after leaving him in 4 full quarters to pad stats against lower competition when the game is already out of reach.

I am not the one to say a lot when it comes to other teams. Especially when they are in our county. But the circumstances of our JV game Thursday and what happened tonight bring a few things to light. We played TOHO on jv Thursday night. I do not care what anyone from that school says in rebuttal to what I am going to say! Their show of sportsmanship is the absolute worst I have ever seen. They sent numerous players to the jv game who are varsity starters and backups. Dont lie about it! 

Their whole intention was to win a JV game at all costs. TOHO shows up with 60+ ish players for a JV game, A lot of those players are wearing Varsity helmets (it is obvious to see which is which) We are playing JV with JV players. We chose to sit most of our 6 quarter kids as well because winning on Friday is what it is all about. Isn't it?

The long and short of it is this. We are loosing the game in the second half. With a running clock. TOHO continues to throw the deep passes with their 6'2 JV receivers! and a varsity caliber QB. (my own speculation, only on jv because of their freshman phenom on varsity. Kids say he was the varsity starter last year) over our 5'2" freshmen corners. They run up the score to 60-14 in a JV game with a running clock since it was 35-0 or maybe 42-7 in the early 3rd 1/4. with less than 2 minutes to go their coach said " put the varsity players back in". He started to and was going to run a 2 minute drill against a JV team down by 46. He had every intention on scoring again!   Graciously the officials did not let that happen. They ran the clock out trying to get the ball set!

During the handshake after the game. My JV coach said to the Head coach. " We understand that on varsity you do what you have to do. But this is JV, developmental football. We have no issue with you doing everything you can in the first half. But when the game goes to a running clock. A little respect is expected. After all this is JV." the response was! Your kids are just soft and shouldn't even be playing JV, if you dont like it then stop us!"

We could have sent down 10 players if we really wanted to win a jv game. But how does that develop the younger kids moving forward. So you know my opinion of the coaching staff of toho jv anyway!

I wonder if playing kids 2 full games in 2 days make a difference? 6 quarters? Who tracks that?

Their fans sportsmanship carried over to a Girl's volleyball game I attended a couple of weeks back.  They won the district the last couple of years and didn't take kindly to the OHS girls (23-4) dominating them both times this year on our way to a district championship.  They almost caused a riot in our gym threatening to get into a fight with some of our students.  Pitiful display by the parents and I also don't care if I offend someone from their school reading this as it is factual.   Their football team that they are so high on is heading for a demolition next week at our place and hopefully it will shut them up. 

14 minutes ago, Beek said:

I am not the one to say a lot when it comes to other teams. Especially when they are in our county. But the circumstances of our JV game Thursday and what happened tonight bring a few things to light. We played TOHO on jv Thursday night. I do not care what anyone from that school says in rebuttal to what I am going to say! Their show of sportsmanship is the absolute worst I have ever seen. They sent numerous players to the jv game who are varsity starters and backups. Dont lie about it! 

Their whole intention was to win a JV game at all costs. TOHO shows up with 60+ ish players for a JV game, A lot of those players are wearing Varsity helmets (it is obvious to see which is which) We are playing JV with JV players. We chose to sit most of our 6 quarter kids as well because winning on Friday is what it is all about. Isn't it?

The long and short of it is this. We are loosing the game in the second half. With a running clock. TOHO continues to throw the deep passes with their 6'2 JV receivers! and a varsity caliber QB. (my own speculation, only on jv because of their freshman phenom on varsity. Kids say he was the varsity starter last year) over our 5'2" freshmen corners. They run up the score to 60-14 in a JV game with a running clock since it was 35-0 or maybe 42-7 in the early 3rd 1/4. with less than 2 minutes to go their coach said " put the varsity players back in". He started to and was going to run a 2 minute drill against a JV team down by 46. He had every intention on scoring again!   Graciously the officials did not let that happen. They ran the clock out trying to get the ball set!

During the handshake after the game. My JV coach said to the Head coach. " We understand that on varsity you do what you have to do. But this is JV, developmental football. We have no issue with you doing everything you can in the first half. But when the game goes to a running clock. A little respect is expected. After all this is JV." the response was! Your kids are just soft and shouldn't even be playing JV, if you dont like it then stop us!"

We could have sent down 10 players if we really wanted to win a jv game. But how does that develop the younger kids moving forward. So you know my opinion of the coaching staff of toho jv anyway!

I wonder if playing kids 2 full games in 2 days make a difference? 6 quarters? Who tracks that?

By the way Coach Beek, congrats on your win last night vs Lake Buena Vista.  From the scoring, it appears it was an exciting game for the fans.  

24 minutes ago, Beek said:

Definitely shows their mentality. If he really felt that way then why did he have to use varsity players to beat a jv team. I'm sure JV is still the same as how it was when I played and that the JV is to develop players who aren't fully ready for varsity and basically the glorified scout team for varsity practice without the varsity 2nd team players to give a better look. I'm sure they are gonna keep playing a soft schedule and getting blown out against the harder district opponents. If they manage to make the playoffs in their region with 2 district losses, they will get bounced in the first round. But atleast their "phenom" will break state records at an unprecedented level lol

Another thing that's crazy about them running up scores is that you rarely see schools who greatly outmatched their opponents do it often. The teams who are known as powerhouses in their respective counties. Eventhough the scores may be lopsided they show restraint. For example, Cocoa beat Astronaut 56-0 last night. But the second half was 5min running clock quarters. All the scoring came in the first half. Also majority of the starters were completely pulled in the second quarter with the final scores coming from backups. 

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

By the way Coach Beek, congrats on your win last night vs Lake Buena Vista.  From the scoring, it appears it was an exciting game for the fans.  

Exciting, Yes...Stressful, Yes!.. Was a game for the ages. My hat is off to LBV they game planned very well for us. They came out in something we had never seen and proceeded to kick our butts on defense all night. This was a back and forth game for the first few scores. by half it was 27-14 poinciana. In the 3rd 1/4 it was 41-14 poinciana. They they scored and proceeded to onside kicking which for reasons we could not cover. A lot of the reasons were on us, but this was probably one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. There were 4 refs and a home school clock operator.  With 40 seconds to go LBV scored the touchdown to tie the game 41-41. Our players stepped up and blocked what would have been the game winning extra point. We got the ball back with 35 seconds. Drove down the field only to throw an interception with 8 seconds left. So we go to overtime. We scored first and made a 2 point conversion. They scored on 4th down bur were stopped 1 foot short on their 2 point conversion!  

In previous years PHS would have folded with this type of comeback, These kids stepped up when it was most critical and made the plays that they had to. 

Edited: Having watched the game film. The missed penalties, granted I was only looking at my side of the game. Were awful. Holding, targeting on a turnover. missed PI. Shotgun snap with a spike (intentional grounding, not called) Almost unbearable to watch. The back judge is watching the linebackers and his back is turned to what is happening in the secondary. No one even watching the receivers. This is an officiating travesty. In my opinion game should not have been played without a full field crew. But even adjustments to the officials positioning should have been made. We were running the play clock on 1 play. No official was keeping track. We burned 40 or more seconds off. the one official looked like he was about to throw a flag, without a countdown. We ran the play ...But still. 

I truly wish there was a place for coaches to share films with officiating associations. Not for anything except training officials to see what they missed and might have been watching to make them better officials. 

55 minutes ago, Beek said:

fhsaa supposedly frowns on consecutive days of games, supposed to be  a 24hr period in between games for those 6 qtr kids, according to this websites interpretation when rule was implemented last yr

but,

who does keep track of it.  i guess its "scouts honor".  with the nona guy, not alot of honor there nor his staff.  aint never heard a person talk good about him, players coaches or adults. 

losing to haromny 40 to 7, sure put some stank in his mouth last night I am sure.  harmony hadnt scored many points this year if you look at their game schedule, defense points in most games.  

couldnt happen to a better dude....and his freshmen phenom 5 picks and 2 fumbles, osceola gonna put a hurting on that kid.  60-0 is my prediction  running clock in 1st half

2 minutes ago, h8r said:

fhsaa supposedly frowns on consecutive days of games, supposed to be  a 24hr period in between games for those 6 qtr kids, according to this websites interpretation when rule was implemented last yr

but,

who does keep track of it.  i guess its "scouts honor".  with the nona guy, not alot of honor there nor his staff.  aint never heard a person talk good about him, players coaches or adults. 

losing to haromny 40 to 7, sure put some stank in his mouth last night I am sure.  harmony hadnt scored many points this year if you look at their game schedule, defense points in most games.  

couldnt happen to a better dude....and his freshmen phenom 5 picks and 2 fumbles, osceola gonna put a hurting on that kid.  60-0 is my prediction  running clock in 1st half

Our game last night vs Mainland highlights the stupidity of the FHSAA rankings to date.  Mainland was listed as of 10/19 the #1 overall in 3S and these idiots have us with the #17 ranking in 4S.  Can I see Bartram Trail or Lakeland ahead of us?  Sure, but 14 others including Creekside, Springstead, Centennial, Vero and the list goes on.  It's a sad state of affairs.  

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Our game last night vs Mainland highlights the stupidity of the FHSAA rankings to date.  Mainland was listed as of 10/19 the #1 overall in 3S and these idiots have us with the #17 ranking in 4S.  Can I see Bartram Trail or Lakeland ahead of us?  Sure, but 14 others including Creekside, Springstead, Centennial, Vero and the list goes on.  It's a sad state of affairs.  

It is. If that's what it's going to be like, better to just go back to district winner and runner up. I had some issues with the RPI of the past few years, but at least it was an objective measure. This new, mysterious ranking methodology will not last very long in my opinion. 

13 hours ago, Beek said:

Exciting, Yes...Stressful, Yes!.. Was a game for the ages. My hat is off to LBV they game planned very well for us. They came out in something we had never seen and proceeded to kick our butts on defense all night. This was a back and forth game for the first few scores. by half it was 27-14 poinciana. In the 3rd 1/4 it was 41-14 poinciana. They they scored and proceeded to onside kicking which for reasons we could not cover. A lot of the reasons were on us, but this was probably one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. There were 4 refs and a home school clock operator.  With 40 seconds to go LBV scored the touchdown to tie the game 41-41. Our players stepped up and blocked what would have been the game winning extra point. We got the ball back with 35 seconds. Drove down the field only to throw an interception with 8 seconds left. So we go to overtime. We scored first and made a 2 point conversion. They scored on 4th down bur were stopped 1 foot short on their 2 point conversion!  

In previous years PHS would have folded with this type of comeback, These kids stepped up when it was most critical and made the plays that they had to. 

Edited: Having watched the game film. The missed penalties, granted I was only looking at my side of the game. Were awful. Holding, targeting on a turnover. missed PI. Shotgun snap with a spike (intentional grounding, not called) Almost unbearable to watch. The back judge is watching the linebackers and his back is turned to what is happening in the secondary. No one even watching the receivers. This is an officiating travesty. In my opinion game should not have been played without a full field crew. But even adjustments to the officials positioning should have been made. We were running the play clock on 1 play. No official was keeping track. We burned 40 or more seconds off. the one official looked like he was about to throw a flag, without a countdown. We ran the play ...But still. 

I truly wish there was a place for coaches to share films with officiating associations. Not for anything except training officials to see what they missed and might have been watching to make them better officials. 

Coaches can share films with Officials Associations. This has happened for many years, and there is no reason that you cannot share your films with the Officials Association which your school uses for home games. 

On 10/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, Beek said:

They run up the score to 60-14 in a JV game with a running clock since it was 35-0 or maybe 42-7 in the early 3rd 1/4. with less than 2 minutes to go their coach said " put the varsity players back in". He started to and was going to run a 2 minute drill against a JV team down by 46. He had every intention on scoring again!   Graciously the officials did not let that happen. They ran the clock out trying to get the ball set!

When did Nolebull become the head football coach at TOHO?   You know, the guy who said this a few weeks ago:  "I don’t have a problem winning like this. It just shows the losing team they don’t belong playing football and that’s ok." 

B)

(JK, Nolebull)

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

When did Nolebull become the head football coach at TOHO?   You know, the guy who said this a few weeks ago:  "I don’t have a problem winning like this. It just shows the losing team they don’t belong playing football and that’s ok." 

B)

(JK, Nolebull)

You just blew his cover!!

B)

(JK, Nolebull)

SMH

B)

(JK, Nolebull)

No you are not kidding. People laugh or put JK or LOL so they can say whatever they want and if it’s viewed negatively you can just say you were messing around. LMAO!!

30 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

No you are not kidding. People laugh or put JK or LOL so they can say whatever they want and if it’s viewed negatively you can just say you were messing around. LMAO!!

Nolebull, I was 'just kidding' about you being the coach at TOHO -- although since I posted, you have acknowledged that you  "might be in Kissimmee this Friday" and, if so, you're "gonna have to hit up the Osceola/Toho game," so now I'm not so sure.  (I'm at a loss what acronym/emoji/emoticon to put here to let you know that I don't really believe you are the coach, but that there is a certain amount of irony going on here). 

Admittedly, I have a somewhat different 'perspective' than you do when it comes to running up the score on an out-matched opponent.  If I remember correctly, you seem to be of the mindset that it's more insulting to an opponent to take your foot off the gas and that if a team is consistently getting blown out, that team should just give up the sport. 

I, on the other hand, believe that football karma is the ultimate bitch.  As such,and recognizing there are some exceptions to the rule, when you are the coach for a superior team playing against a clearly-outmatched opponent, it pays to show a certain degree of sportsmanship and allow the other team to maintain some semblance of their dignity.   The greater the talent differential, the more creative the sure-to-win coach has to be.   This is especially true when neither team has any control over the scheduling.  

Obviously, based on my recollection of your prior posts, I thought of you when I read Beek's accounts of the JV game and my post was simply my attempt to humorously connect your philosophy with that of the TOHO coach.  So, now that I made this much of an effort to explain (but not defend) myself, I'll ask you this question:  what do you think of Beek's account of the TOHO coach?  Assuming everything in Beek's post is true, are you OK with what the TOHO coach did? 

Nolebull, I was 'just kidding' about you being the coach at TOHO -- although since I posted, you have acknowledged that you  "might be in Kissimmee this Friday" and, if so, you're "gonna have to hit up the Osceola/Toho game," so now I'm not so sure.  (I'm at a loss what acronym/emoji/emoticon to put here to let you know that I don't really believe you are the coach, but that there is a certain amount of irony going on here). 

Admittedly, I have a somewhat different 'perspective' than you do when it comes to running up the score on an out-matched opponent.  If I remember correctly, you seem to be of the mindset that it's more insulting to an opponent to take your foot off the gas and that if a team is consistently getting blown out, that team should just give up the sport. 

I, on the other hand, believe that football karma is the ultimate bitch.  As such,and recognizing there are some exceptions to the rule, when you are the coach for a superior team playing against a clearly-outmatched opponent, it pays to show a certain degree of sportsmanship and allow the other team to maintain some semblance of their dignity.   The greater the talent differential, the more creative the sure-to-win coach has to be.   This is especially true when neither team has any control over the scheduling.  

Obviously, based on my recollection of your prior posts, I thought of you when I read Beek's accounts of the JV game and my post was simply my attempt to humorously connect your philosophy with that of the TOHO coach.  So, now that I made this much of an effort to explain (but not defend) myself, I'll ask you this question:  what do you think of Beek's account of the TOHO coach?  Assuming everything in Beek's post is true, are you OK with what the TOHO coach did? 

I didn’t think you thought I was the coach at Toho. But ask yourself this. Have you seen me and the (alleged) coach at Toho in the same room at the same time? :ph34r:

I will say something else about TOHO QB stats. All most all run plays involve a forward toss. That way the play is considered a pass for statistical purposes. Not to belittle the QB and his efforts. Just makes it look like more prolific passing is going on. We also have toss sweeps which are the same way and get counted as passes. But not 90% of our playbook

1 hour ago, Beek said:

Poinciana vs Ambassadors christian @phs friday      

Obviously I will be at the OHS vs TOHO game if you can call it that (Tsunami Warning and not in TOHO favor), but the Poinciana game Coach Beek highlighted or even better the Harmony vs Heritage game in St. Cloud will be better.