Disappointing 2022 teams

PinellasFB

This one is the opposite of the surprise teams thread.  Who are the disappointing teams this year? 

Here's a couple:

Deerfield Beach (3-6):  I know they've been talked about here but I cant remember what's going on with them this year

Lake Gibson (2-6):  Last year's state runner up has struggled with a really hard schedule this year

Charlotte HS (0-6):  Perennial playoff team fell off a cliff this year

52 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

This one is the opposite of the surprise teams thread.  Who are the disappointing teams this year? 

Here's a couple:

Deerfield Beach (3-6):  I know they've been talked about here but I cant remember what's going on with them this year

Lake Gibson (2-6):  Last year's state runner up has struggled with a really hard schedule this year

Charlotte HS (0-6):  Perennial playoff team fell off a cliff this year

Both Lake Gibson and Deerfield Beach lost a lot of players to transfer. As @nolebull813pointed out, there was a change in coaching staffs at Deerfield that probably triggered the exodus. At Lake Gibson, the HBC also departed and a number of the kids departed for Lakeland High. So, the drop off by both these teams is not surprising. I don't know what happened at Charlotte. 

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Madison County at 2-6 has gotta be disappointing considering they aren’t even competitive in some of these games. 

Until the Suwannee game I thought Madison was just a victim of overscheduling but that loss showed just how down Madison actually is this year 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

No they schedule like this every year. And they largely compete. This year it so much 

Just because a team can typically handle that schedule doesn't mean it still wasn't an overscheduling

Madison usually over schedules but this year they have struggled far more than normal against that schedule

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

FSU has actually played well against good competition

If we talking college level it's LSU and Texas A&M

As a lifelong FSU fan, I’m talking about 1979, that is a losers excuse. They have sh&t the bed in every important game they’ve been in in the last 6 years. There are no moral victories. Abd NC State is a terrible football team. FSU should’ve won that game by 30. I understand the losses to a very well coached and experienced  Wake Forest team, and to Clemson that has Dabo and a decade straight of top five recruiting classes. But NC State was a joke, especially without their quarterback.

8 minutes ago, 181pl said:

As a lifelong FSU fan, I’m talking about 1979, that is a losers excuse. They have sh&t the bed in every important game they’ve been in in the last 6 years. There are no moral victories. Abd NC State is a terrible football team. FSU should’ve won that game by 30. I understand the losses to a very well coached and experienced  Wake Forest team, and to Clemson that has Dabo and a decade straight of top five recruiting classes. But NC State was a joke, especially without their quarterback.

FSU should be better but they are playing better than Miami and Florida are 

The gators peaked week 1 against Utah and have played like garbage ever since and Miami lost to mid Tennessee and Duke

FSU gonna beat Miami and the gators this year

46 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Just because a team can typically handle that schedule doesn't mean it still wasn't an overscheduling

Madison usually over schedules but this year they have struggled far more than normal against that schedule

It’s because teams their own size won’t play them. They are forced to venture out. There isn’t a lot of good football in North Florida, so when a team is good, the teams around them won’t play them. They aren’t in a large metro area with 100 teams in a 50 mile radius, so it’s especially tough to find competition 

5 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

It’s because teams their own size won’t play them. They are forced to venture out. There isn’t a lot of good football in North Florida, so when a team is good, the teams around them won’t play them. They aren’t in a large metro area with 100 teams in a 50 mile radius, so it’s especially tough to find competition 

Oh I'm aware

Columbia has been in the same boat which is why they have yearly series with teams like Madison and TCA

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh, I'm aware

Columbia has been in the same boat which is why they have yearly series with teams like Madison and TCA

Previously you have implied that Lincoln has been ducking Columbia for several years (my words). But Lincoln has scheduled Bartram Trail, Colquitt County and Dillard this year, so it doesn’t appear they are afraid of competition. Is there some kind of bad blood between the schools that has resulted in them not playing? It seems like they would be natural, competitive rivals. Do they play in other sports, or is football just the problem? 

7 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Previously you have implied that Lincoln has been ducking Columbia for several years (my words). But Lincoln has scheduled Bartram Trail, Colquitt County and Dillard this year, so it doesn’t appear they are afraid of competition. Is there some kind of bad blood between the schools that has resulted in them not playing? It seems like they would be natural, competitive rivals. Do they play in other sports, or is football just the problem? 

Maybe they still pissed from us running clocking them at Gene Cox in the 2015 playoffs since that was the last season that Lincoln played Columbia in a regular season contest 

Lincoln barely plays Columbia in any sports lately unless they shared a district which has been rare as of late and even when they do they only play some of those seasons since football is only sport where playing district is mandatory. Columbia shared a district in basketball and usually soccer and will share district in baseball and softball but it remains to be seen what sports they end up playing in

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

FSU should be better but they are playing better than Miami and Florida are 

The gators peaked week 1 against Utah and have played like garbage ever since and Miami lost to mid Tennessee and Duke

FSU gonna beat Miami and the gators this year

FSU is overrated and UF will beat FSU this year!! 

6 hours ago, muckboy561 said:

Oh add Glades Central (2-6) to this list smh

Whewww Lawd , you know me & you talk mad sh*+ to each other out of jokes & fun, but as one of the coaches why do you feel glades central has struggled so mightily?? 

glade central has the type of pedigree that fans feel that a regional final lost was a disappointing season. & it’s not like you’re guys have national powers left & right in your schedule. Every game in your schedule so far the raiders would have been runNing clock faves in the past. What’s going on over there ?

16 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I dunno.  Over scheduling can be risky business because you still have to make the playoffs.  If you have one or two tough teams in your district, those non-district tough matchups get you ready for a playoff run but also hurt your ranking if you lose, risking qualifying for the playoffs.  That's why I beat the drum about scoring margin.  A one-score loss to a state power should not rate the same as a 50 point loss to that same team.  I see plenty of teams with even records or even losing records due to over scheduling who could be dangerous playoff teams but they will have a tough time getting in unless they win their district.

7 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

I dunno.  Over scheduling can be risky business because you still have to make the playoffs.  If you have one or two tough teams in your district, those non-district tough matchups get you ready for a playoff run but also hurt your ranking if you lose, risking qualifying for the playoffs.  That's why I beat the drum about scoring margin.  A one-score loss to a state power should not rate the same as a 50 point loss to that same team.  I see plenty of teams with even records or even losing records due to over scheduling who could be dangerous playoff teams but they will have a tough time getting in unless they win their district.

Excellent post. Plant has 2 losses. One score to Tech, state finalist. 2 scores to another state finalist. You’d hope these losses don’t come back to haunt them. they beat alonso and they’re out right district champs so no big deal. If they don’t be Allonzo, that will be three losses on the year so their playoff qualifications would come into doubt or if they do qualify they probably qualify as one of the last seeds. Can’t  help tech on the schedule, that’s a team they play often so it is what it is. I don’t know why they would’ve played Berkeley. They would’ve been much better off playing another 4M team in their region as this gives a truer test and should help in determining the best teams in the respective class and region. 

Course all this nonsense is moot if we were just to have larger districts; seven teams? And the top two in district qualify and there are no questions. at least in the larger classifications and especially in metro.