3) Jenson Beach

4) Dunbar

5) Mainland

6) Zephyrhills

7) Columbia

8) Choctawhatchee

hence the final four should be :

Lake Wales vs Columbia

Naples vs Mainland (Homer thumb weight added)

181pl,  nice crystal ball.  But I'm hoping otherwise   :)

Just now, Vaelin said:

Didn’t Columbia just win a game with 50 yards of offense? Just saying, there might still be some doubt about the ability to take down a pretty good undefeated team.

Hey, all 8 are playing with House Money. Once Dade (Miami) was eliminated from the equation, IT'S ALL GOOD...Wide Open...

3 minutes ago, Vaelin said:

Didn’t Columbia just win a game with 50 yards of offense? Just saying, there might still be some doubt about the ability to take down a pretty good undefeated team.

Escambia is also better than anyone Lake Wales has beat 

Columbia also hung with a TCA team for 4 quarters that is better than Lake Wales

Columbia defense is better than anyone Lake Wales has played, who's to say Lake Wales can beat a top 50 team in Florida when they haven't beaten one all year?

There may be doubts about Columbia but I can argue there are doubts about EVERY team left 

There is no true front runner in 3S, every team has their baggage but we just saw a team last Friday who a) had a better schedule than Lake Wales and b) had looked more impressive with their weak schedule (Pine Forest) lose to a team who Columbia would likely be favored by on Friday

To assume Columbia has no path to the title would be just as dishonest as Lake Wales has still yet to prove they are a true title threat

(IMO) ....

On 11/20/2022 at 2:15 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

There may be doubts about Columbia but I can argue there are doubts about EVERY team left 

There is no true front runner in 3S, every team has their baggage but we just saw a team last Friday who a) had a better schedule than Lake Wales and b) had looked more impressive with their weak schedule (Pine Forest) lose to a team who Columbia would likely be favored by on Friday

To assume Columbia has no path to the title would be just as dishonest as Lake Wales has still yet to prove they are a true title threat

Agree.  (IMO) as a whole, 4S is as good if not better than 4M. But 2M and 3M are vastly superior to 2S and 3S.

32 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

If I read the seeding properly of the final 8 :

1) Lake Wales

2) Naples

3) Jenson Beach

4) Dunbar

5) Mainland

6) Zephyrhills

7) Columbia

8) Choctawhatchee

hence the final four should be :

Lake Wales vs Columbia

Naples vs Mainland (Homer thumb weight added)

181pl,  nice crystal ball.  But I'm hoping otherwise   :)

If those stand the test of time it will entail a pretty long trip for the lower seeds and that can be a factor. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who's gonna stop them? Lake Wales who's best win is a barely top 100 FL team in Sebring?

What would that say about the Tiger program if they manage to lose to Lake Wales who's best win is barely a top 100 team?  Hell, if the Tigers even make it passed this week?

16 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

What would that say about the Tiger program if they manage to lose to Lake Wales who's best win is barely a top 100 team?  Hell, if the Tigers even make it past this week?

It would say they lost to an overrated team 

What would it say about Lake Wales if 13-0 comes crashing down against 3 loss Columbia who would be the best team they have played all year?

37 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It would say they lost to an overrated team 

What would it say about Lake Wales if 13-0 comes crashing down against 3 loss Columbia who would be the best team they have played all year?

That in turn would also make Columbia overrated.  However to answer your question, I would say the best team won.

Good Luck!

14 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Naples probably overall class favorite 

Favorite is one thing

I see front runner as a different meaning

To me being a front runner means there's a significant gap between that team and everyone else 

STA is a front runner in 3M

Cocoa is a front runner in 2S

Chaminade Madonna is a front runner in 1M

I don't think anyone in 3S is a front runner because the gap is too small between the top teams 

25 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

That in turn would also make Columbia overrated.  However to answer your question, I would say the best team won.

Good Luck!

Well most wrote Columbia off as a program with no path after they lost to Union

Even @Floridaatlantic1claimed Columbia had no chance in HELL of competing with any of the top teams, if that's the case how could Columbia be overrated when very few people thought Columbia has any shot of actually getting this far?

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia to Lake Wales is around 2 hours 

They went to Escambia which is 4 1/2 and won

Good win for Columbia but the drive is a factor regardless of your outcome last week.  We have family in Lake City and it is 2 hours from here with Lake Wales being another 35-45 minutes farther south. 

5 hours ago, Vaelin said:

It was less actually but while Columbia offense didn't play great against Escambia here's how the defense has played the past 2 postseason games 

Lincoln

Averaged 31 points per game through the season

Held to 6

Escambia

Averaged 25 points per game through the regular season and round 1 of playoffs 

Held to 13 points (Escambia scored 2 points on a safety after Columbia kicked a punt out of back of endzone)

Isn't there a saying defense wins championships? Well Columbia defense through first 2 rounds have given up an average of 10 points through 2 playoff games while Columbia defense and special teams directly contributed to 14 points BOTH the first and second round of playoffs

If Columbia defense keeps playing like this the offense won't have to do much for Columbia to win