APOPKA 15 - DR. PHILLIPS 14

Pipe Dreams

Ok help me out what title has DP played for in the last 5 years? I'll wait for your response. Just because you always lose close games to elite teams only reiterates my point that you are not elite. If you feel like celebrating losses is a good thing that may explain the mentality of DP. You are a numbers guy, tell me the number of times DP has BEATEN a team that has played for or won a title since 2011. Remember I already gave you credit for 2012 Apopka.

they tied Bishop Moore last year. Oh wait that was a spring game. Those only count to Columbiafan.

Explain how a game would have a different outcome if starters on both teams play whole game?

Wether it official or not if starters play the whole game then it would have same outcome wether it official or not

Explain how a game would have a different outcome if starters on both teams play whole game?

Wether it official or not if starters play the whole game then it would have same outcome wether it official or not

Are you aware of all the other factors in Spring games?  Testing players in different formations, chemistry on the OL and DL, experimenting in general,  experimental rookie refs etc.... 

You are unreal with your outlook on scrimmages Columbia.

If it is the same outcome as the real deal, can you explain to me how/why the NE Patriots, SF 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys have 4 of the worst 8 all time winning percentages in pre-season football yet are arguably the 4 most heralded teams of there own eras????  I understand that the NFL is a not HS Football but the concept is just something to think about..;

Are you aware of all the other factors in Spring games? Testing players in different formations, chemistry on the OL and DL, experimenting in general, experimental rookie refs etc....

You are unreal with your outlook on scrimmages Columbia.

If it is the same outcome as the real deal, can you explain to me how/why the NE Patriots, SF 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys have 4 of the worst 8 all time winning percentages in pre-season football yet are arguably the 4 most heralded teams of there own eras???? I understand that the NFL is a not HS Football but the concept is just something to think about..;

Wasent a spring game, it was a kickoff game one week before the official games started, only difference is no gameplan which you would think would favor the team with better athletes which if you look at how the first month has gone it should have favored Apopka but apparently didn't

What no one is proved to me is how would that game had a different result if we played them in week 1?

Wasent a spring game, it was a kickoff game one week before the official games started, only difference is no gameplan which you would think would favor the team with better athletes which if you look at how the first month has gone it should have favored Apopka but apparently didn't

What no one is proved to me is how would that game had a different result if we played them in week 1?

file_main_image_3573_2_contes_enfants_35

Captain Morgan look at the wins I posted you goon! Two title winners since 2009 have lost to DP... and one title appearance since 2010. I posted the wins AND the losses. Golly guy actually take a second to read before posting again

Also once again you made 2011 a magic number because the two seasons before that didn't fit your agenda.

You can't chop the stats to your liking into a bullsh!t stew and get away with it.

The bottom line is this: You probably didn't see the Apopka-DP game. If you did you would know that the end result wasn't some mysterious power that doesn't allow DP to win, it was simply a great play in the end zone. This game was evenly matched and they'll probably meet again down the line. That's it... These teams are about even. That's what was learned. DP may have one of the top defenses in the state. 15 to Apopka? Who else would do that (only a few)

Since the numbers guy can't find numbers to defend his argument he resorts to name calling. It's ok man, I took a 5 year window because most people look at 5 or 10 year cycles. When people say let's look at the last 7 years is when they have an agenda. But for your sake let's look back at the glory years for DP, these quality wins you like to point out.

2015 Manatee 9-3 2nd round loser

Lost to 6 loss Lincoln

2014 Plant 10-2 2nd round loser

Lost to 6-4 non playoff team Lowndes

2013 None

2012 Apopka Quality win vs State champ

East Lake 11-2 3rd round loser who got boat raced by 30 to 1st round loser Largo

Plant 10-2 2nd round loser won lost by 30 to John Curtis

2011 Apoka??? This a win vs an elite team??? Smh

Apopka 6-5 1st round loser

2010 Sanford Seminole 11-3 Elite team by your standards, with losses to the following

Oviedo: a 3 loss 2nd round playoff loser

Deland: a 3 loss 2nd round playoff loser

Dr Phillips a state runner up quality loss

2009 Olympia 8-3 on the field 6-5 official record 1st round loser

2008 Sanford Seminole 13-2 State Champion Quality win

2007 None

2006 None

So out of 108 wins in the last ten years I got you down for 2 victories over truly elite teams. You have some wins vs name teams like Apoka, Plant and Manatee but none when they were vying for titles. You have beaten Seminole (2008) and Apopka (2012) that's it. Sorry to have to put it in black and white for you but facts are facts brother. Feel free to point out any errors you come across.

Oh man where to start. First and foremost I think it would be prudent to establish that we have differing definitions of elite. You consider elite to be any team with a respected program name and talent and can hang and put up a decent fight with most teams in the state. Contrarily I consider elite to be not just vaguely "playing for rings" (is Viera elite?) but a team that is at or near the top tier of teams in the state, a team that can play with and have a legitimately good shot at beating the #1 team in the state as well as hang with any team in the country. There are plenty of damn good teams in this great state but most as good as they are will not have very good odds of taking down the states #1 team.

2015......... 20-19....... who was it
a) giraffe,
w) bo pelini,
c) state runner up osceola on a pick 6
4) lieutenant dan

C) Osceola, the same team that got blown out by a TRULY elite team in Flanagan. Neither DP or Osceola were elite last year, they were just good but not on the level of the Flanagan's of the state, and it showed in the state final

You conveniently missed every single close loss to an elite team. Those "playing for rings".

Quick tip: Begin your research with 2015 and work backwards.

Your underestimation of all of the teams I mentioned, including a team that beat an Elite Miami Northwestern in the title, shows your bias.

I am a numbers guy. Don't think you can only tell one part of the story. You are talking about some of the best programs in the state when you undermine the list I put together.

The problem is, those close losses were not to elite teams. I mean come on man 2013 Plant elite? The team that got blown out by Apopka who got blown out by South Dade the next week? Give me a break. And 2014 Manatee? That same Manatee who's most significant win was a 10 pt win over another good but not great team in Venice? I already addressed 2015 Osceola

And as I said 2008 was a very down year for 6A. Miami Northwestern in 2008 was not the elite juggernaut they were the previous 2 years. They were rolled at home 29-7 by a Long Beach Poly squad that had to travel across the country, and they were not blowing out their local competition. In the regular season they lost to 8-4 pre-Telly Lockette Miami Central then beat them by 6 in the playoffs (MC did not start its run as a premier state powerhouse until 2009 when Lockette took over). They beat an Earl Tillman BTW squad by 2. And they only beat 2-8 Homestead by 14. Sorry but that MNW team was just not as special as you think it is

Also seeing as you are a huge DP fan and i have zero affiliation with any of the programs discussed in this thread, I don't think you are in a position to accuse me of bias lol

You are severely discounting 9 teams DP beat. But your numbers are a part of a very fascinating short story with a cliffhanger.

DP has lost by 8 or more ONLY 5 times since 2008 (108 games). You named four. Think about that --- 103 out of 108 were wins (93) or losses by 7 or less (10). Go Check the maxpreps history I did this in my head.

Because those 9 teams with the exception of 2012 Apopka (which returned the favor in the playoffs) were not elite

The second part of your comment is just you defending your program. As I have already stated multiple times, DP is a good team and has been for the last near decade, I am not saying they suck.

They are just not elite and cannot hang with the states elite. You want to talk about margin of defeats? Heres vs elite teams

2010  Miami Central   L 27-42 (15 pt loss)

2011  Plant                 L 13-49 (36 pt loss)

2012 Apopka             (W week 1, L playoffs) (18 pt week 1 win, 19 pt playoff loss)

2015 Mainland           L 7-28 (21 pt loss)

Also just how "elite" that 2012 Apopka team was is debatable. The Cy Bay team that brought them to the brink in the state championship (53-50) was blown out by STA (43-17 loss) and Manatee (42-20 loss). Tbh that year I don't see Apopka hanging with either of those 2 but I'll let you keep that week 1 game even if it is diminished a bit by the fact they got rolled by that same Apopka team in the playoffs 

I'm all for saying Osceola was not elite but the Flanagan score was 14-7 with two minutes left in the game.  That wasn't a blow out.  Final score was deceiving.

I agree with you Dr. Phillips is not elite.  However they should be.  In Central Florida the top programs the last 10 years are 1. Apopka 2. Mainland 3. Osceola 4. Dr. Phillips  I might only consider Apopka elite because the others haven't won a title.  Mainland might have a few if it wasn't for Miami Central and Osceola might have a few if it wasn't for STA.  Mainland and Osceola ran into elite teams.

This weekend we'll se Dr. Phillips @ Mainland - another test.

One thing Dp has done is toughen the schedule to prepare for the playoffs. After this week it'll be a running clock all the way to the second round (or third if Manatee is as off as some say).

Side note:

Apopka should make the final four but Sanford-Seminole is also a very good team. They beat Orange City University this past week. OCU is also a team to keep an eye on with their backfield.

I get the discussion of being elite and how you get there. To me DP will not be in the discussion until they win a state title. That is  whats get you in the discussion.  I like what I saw last Friday night from DP except for the last play but even then if they learn from it and it makes them a better team come playoffs I will live with the loss.  What I saw on Friday was 2 excellent teams going at it.  These 2 teams will not lose another game during the regular season. I am predicting that DP will beat Mainland although it will not be easy.  This DP team is much better than last year and I do not think Mainland is at the same level as last year. The 2 areas that concerned me for DP , QB play and Oline, are improving each week. Actually Washington is playing great and the oline which I thought would struggle with Apopka played quite well.  As for the coaching Darlington will always be favorite until someone else in Central Florida dethrones him.  He has earned that and deserves that. DP has the best chance since 2010 to win a state title. 

I get the discussion of being elite and how you get there. To me DP will not be in the discussion until they win a state title. That is whats get you in the discussion. I like what I saw last Friday night from DP except for the last play but even then if they learn from it and it makes them a better team come playoffs I will live with the loss. What I saw on Friday was 2 excellent teams going at it. These 2 teams will not lose another game during the regular season. I am predicting that DP will beat Mainland although it will not be easy. This DP team is much better than last year and I do not think Mainland is at the same level as last year. The 2 areas that concerned me for DP , QB play and Oline, are improving each week. Actually Washington is playing great and the oline which I thought would struggle with Apopka played quite well. As for the coaching Darlington will always be favorite until someone else in Central Florida dethrones him. He has earned that and deserves that. DP has the best chance since 2010 to win a state title.

Welcome to board

What team you rep?

Oh man where to start. First and foremost I think it would be prudent to establish that we have differing definitions of elite. You consider elite to be any team with a respected program name and talent and can hang and put up a decent fight with most teams in the state. Contrarily I consider elite to be not just vaguely "playing for rings" (is Viera elite?) but a team that is at or near the top tier of teams in the state, a team that can play with and have a legitimately good shot at beating the #1 team in the state as well as hang with any team in the country. There are plenty of damn good teams in this great state but most as good as they are will not have very good odds of taking down the states #1 team.

C) Osceola, the same team that got blown out by a TRULY elite team in Flanagan. Neither DP or Osceola were elite last year, they were just good but not on the level of the Flanagan's of the state, and it showed in the state final

Not sure if you watched the game or heard about it because that game was no where near a blown out lol

Not sure if you watched the game or heard about it because that game was no where near a blown out lol

Game did not become a blowout till late 4th. Once Flanagan got a 2 TD lead and Osceola had to throw the ball the game was a blowout. The Osceola ground game averaged over 400 yards a game last year, and they would basically go through 99% of the teams in state like butter in 2015. They just happened to run into the 1% at States that figured out how to contain them.

Again it's perspective.

from a pure debate perspective the heavy hitters came out and made some valid points there. My points remain as well but that wouldve made for a damn fine HSFB debate show. My name calling was spot on... metaphors fantastic.

I'm beyond happy where the program is --- some fans get spoiled and want 15-0 every year. I just want us to be in the running for state and send kids to college.

Game did not become a blowout till late 4th. Once Flanagan got a 2 TD lead and Osceola had to throw the ball the game was a blowout. The Osceola ground game averaged over 400 yards a game last year, and they would basically go through 99% of the teams in state like butter in 2015. They just happened to run into the 1% at States that figured out how to contain them.

No I agree the last four minutes of the game was all flanagan and they closed the game out well....