Who do you root for other than your HS?

Pipe Dreams

What team in the state or nationally do you root for other than your hometown/alma mater?

Mine is easy in Florida - it's Apopka. Always loved playing them and got my start in urban planning as an intern for the city. If they were in the NCAA tourney, which makes no sense, I'd pick them just because they are the "Blue Darters".

Others I like are Miami Northwestern (FL), Reading (MA), Bunnell (CT), Odessa-Permian (TX), Sebastian River (FL), Sanford-Seminole (FL).

Or basically anywhere my former coaches or old teammates are at.

...or do you just hate everybody else.

I grew up in Lakeland, and currently live there with a child at LHS. So, I was always a Lakeland Dreadnaught fan. But I graduated from Southeast High in Bradenton. Other than those two, I don't necessarily "root" for anyone. I do watch a lot of Florida High School football, but mainly as a football fan (other than Southeast & Lakeland).

I do get a small gleam in my eye when Manatee struggles, just because of my Lakeland and Southeast ties.

I don't follow national high school football much. Not enough time in the day for that. If there is a big game on, I'll watch it. But I'm not a follower of other states.

I wouldn't say I pull for anyone other then Columbia but their are teams I respect, (most of whom ended up beating us lol) I would say one of those teams are Buchholz, they have never been scared to play us, a few years ago we held a 7 on 7 series at Columbia and of like 7 teams invited which included sante fe,Gainesville,Madison,Lincoln and fort white the only team who showed up was Buchholz who actually was on the field before we were, we ended up playing like 3 or 4 games against them.and they came within a score all 4 times and seem to always bring out the best out of us

I advocate for all  Brevard teams, however I pull hardest for Cocoa since my son played there and I also went to Cocoa for 2 years before going to Rockledge.

Out of state I pull for Ceder Park HS, Austin Tx. My daughter lived there and my son-in-law played football for the CP Timberwolves. They are actually a very good team most years and have won several state championships.

Enjoy all the teams here in FL since the HS skill level is the best I've seen, statewide - hands down ... generally better than what I saw in So Cal too.  

Still stalk some Philly teams  ... St Joe's Prep, Archbishop Wood, Imhotep Charter, and my alma mater the John Bartram Braves.

Could talk about the Busto Frogs, an all-Italian team used to watch a lot when stationed back in Italy in the early 80's ... just watching their hands in the huddle and ya knew what the next play was ..... always remembered that.   But they were pretty good too, beat the US Army Rangers team bad.  Like pounded the ball down their throat for 4 quarters.  They traveled and played good German teams too .... Probably around ages 16-21 or so.

St Paddy may have kicked the snakes outta Ireland but the Donegal Vipers are still there tearing up their division of the Ireland American Football Association .... all teenagers ..... watch them play a few times over the years during visits to family .... well-organized league .... ex-pat Americans as refs .... different game atmosphere altogether, like a football parody movie - but they give it their all - a few even in partial equipment - once saw a motorcycle helmet  ....  more blood than usual, and occasionally - teeth .... for growing up playing soccer none can kick a football correctly, atrocious kicking game .... big Guinness fest on the field after every game .... players, fans, families, dogs, refs, town drunks, and a horse or two ... and never any hard feelings.  

I've been following and supporting Trinity Catholic, known in some quarters as OTC, for 14 years. For years I went to every game, home and away. These days advanced age does not allow me to safely drive long distances. But, I still attend home games. I also support St. John Lutheran as my son went there years ago. Of course my interest lies in all Marion County teams and I always wish them well. I've also attended some home and away games for all of the teams; North Marion, Vanguard, Forest, Lake Weir, Dunnellon, West Port, Ocala Christian Academy, and yes even Belleview.  :D