Schedules I can get ahold of

cribboy305

5 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

the way dade county work central got a couple teams that can beat em, the west, booker t & norland something crazy along with heritage in 2m also. its nasty. but pertaining to btw yes they have plenty to win those games, lot of ppl dont know btw inherited a national championship overtown squad and this they senior/junior year returning mostly everyone frm an already tough squad last season. 

This is what I've been always saying. Yes these schools get transfers but for the most part majority of the team is home grown talent 

5 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

This is what I've been always saying. Yes these schools get transfers but for the most part majority of the team is home grown talent 

I don't doubt that Central has a lot of home-grown talent.  But when you're get 3 transfers from California, 2 from Texas and 8 from other parts of the state (assuming what VIF posted is true), well, all I can say is that's one helluva big home they've got.  B)

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

I don't doubt that Central has a lot of home-grown talent.  But when you're get 3 transfers from California, 2 from Texas and 8 from other parts of the state (assuming what VIF posted is true), well, all I can say is that's one helluva big home they've got.  B)

One must wonder why you would leave California or Texas to play for a Florida high school. In my opinion Central has to be doing something right. Oh as for home grown talent I was speaking in general amongst certain schools.

Booker T. Washington 

Central 

Norland 

Northwestern 

4 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

One must wonder why you would leave California or Texas to play for a Florida high school. In my opinion Central has to be doing something right.

Without a doubt, Central has been doing a ton of something right over the last decade or so, at least on the field.   But help me out here:  with schools like Mater Dei (just tabbed preseason number one for 2023), St. John Bosco and Centennial in the same state and Bishop Gorman a relative stone's throw away in Nevada, what exactly would it take to convince a player/family to uproot and move all the way across the county to Miami?  Seriously, what would it take?   It would seem to me that it would take more than just a top-notch program in another sun-shiny state 3,000 miles away from friends and family. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Without a doubt, Central has been doing a ton of something right over the last decade or so, at least on the field.   But help me out here:  with schools like Mater Dei (just tabbed preseason number one for 2023), St. John Bosco and Centennial in the same state and Bishop Gorman a relative stone's throw away in Nevada, what exactly would it take to convince a player/family to uproot and move all the way across the county to Miami?  Seriously, what would it take?   It would seem to me that it would take more than just a top-notch program in another sun-shiny state 3,000 miles away from friends and family. 

I wish I had the answer but unfortunately I don't.

20 hours ago, Perspective said:

2 brothers from cali & a qb& the texas kid & that 8th grader from vegas. thats about it, the rest is strictly miami talent. 

13 hours ago, Perspective said:

development & recruiting. best football happens right here in miami no matter what schools are top 2 they dont play the talent we do week in & week out unless they travel the country. thats the difference. 

2 brothers from cali & a qb& the texas kid & that 8th grader from vegas. thats about it, the rest is strictly miami talent. 

With Gorman on the schedule, just run the table and it would be impossible to deny Central the unanimous national championship. Most polls have that West Coast bias that will only crown Gorman, Mater Dei, or SJB national champions. A win against Gorman could shake that up. 

12 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

With Gorman on the schedule, just run the table and it would be impossible to deny Central the unanimous national championship. Most polls have that West Coast bias that will only crown Gorman, Mater Dei, or SJB national champions. A win against Gorman could shake that up. 

But the problem here is (as with most pre-season polls), Mater Dei is preseason number 1.  Gorman is 2, St John Bosco 3 and IMG 4.  Central is 5.   If Central beats Gorman, and assuming all the other teams mentioned stay undefeated, I can see Central possibly jumping over Bosco and IMG, but probably not MD.  Only time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Perspective said:

But the problem here is (as with most pre-season polls), Mater Dei is preseason number 1.  Gorman is 2, St John Bosco 3 and IMG 4.  Central is 5.   If Central beats Gorman, and assuming all the other teams mentioned stay undefeated, I can see Central possibly jumping over Bosco and IMG, but probably not MD.  Only time will tell.

If SJB loses their first game to Mater Dei but comes back to beat them in a playoff game, or vice-versa, both MD and SJB would end their season with one loss. Assuming both IMG and SFA lose a game somewhere, Central beats Gorman, runs the table, and finishes perfect, Central would be the only team in the running without a loss. Now, of course, those are a whole heap of assumptions, but Central could theoretically hurdle MD if this scenario plays out. 

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

If SJB loses their first game to Mater Dei but comes back to beat them in a playoff game, or vice-versa, both MD and SJB would end their season with one loss. Assuming both IMG and SFA lose a game somewhere, Central beats Gorman, runs the table, and finishes perfect, Central would be the only team in the running without a loss. Now, of course, those are a whole heap of assumptions, but Central could theoretically hurdle MD if this scenario plays out. 

Agreed.   I was just pointing out the problem that I have with pre-season polls . . .  especially national polls at the high school level.   Too many teams can run the table, so, more often than not, where you start is where you finish. 

5 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

See here's the problem when it comes to Central and it's scheduling. Besides Bishop Gorman, Chaminade which got the breaks beat off them last year by Gorman and American Heritage most likely a state playoff game who else is on Central schedule. Yes you have the traditional powers down here but it won't cut it against Saint Frances Academy, Mater Dei, IMG Academy and St. John Bosco naming a few when trying to determine who gets the number one spot. 

57 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

See here's the problem when it comes to Central and its scheduling. Besides Bishop Gorman, Chaminade which got the breaks beat off them last year by Gorman and American Heritage most likely a state playoff game who else is on Central schedule. Yes you have the traditional powers down here but it won't cut it against Saint Frances Academy, Mater Dei, IMG Academy and St. John Bosco naming a few when trying to determine who gets the number one spot. 

Your argument is coming from a good place and is true on the surface, but the ranking systems and so-called “experts” don’t see it that way. The “super” teams that you mentioned are all basically colleges at the high school football level. And how do I know this? It’s because they are all private schools. And they’re not just ordinary schools at that.  They have built-in advantages and resources FAR beyond what Miami Central has. Central doesn’t even have their own practice field.

Yet somehow, Central is in the mix for a national championship every year and even beat IMG last season, a team that has NO business whatsoever losing a game at the high school level. But they still did, and the fact that they are even considered to be in the same echelon as MD, Bosco, SFA, Servite, etc. Should tell you all you need to know about the individual talent in Miami. I just wish the ranking system would give Florida more credence instead of clinging to their West Coast bias.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Your argument is coming from a good place and is true on the surface, but the ranking systems and so-called “experts” don’t see it that way. The “super” teams that you mentioned are all basically colleges at the high school football level. And how do I know this? It’s because they are all private schools. And they’re not just ordinary schools at that.  They have built-in advantages and resources FAR beyond what Miami Central has. Central doesn’t even have their own practice field.

Yet somehow, Central is in the mix for a national championship every year and even beat IMG last season, a team that has NO business whatsoever losing a game at the high school level. But they still did, and the fact that they are even considered to be in the same echelon as MD, Bosco, SFA, Servite, etc. Should tell you all you need to know about the individual talent in Miami. I just wish the ranking system would give Florida more credence instead of clinging to their West Coast bias.

Exactly my point. Central beat IMG Academy and was snubbed by a school who had one lost. So if Central runs the table again this year and does not get the number one spot then what. Are we going to say scheduling, no one likes FL schools, it's a Cali thing I mean I don't know.

20 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Exactly my point. Central beat IMG Academy and was snubbed by a school who had one lost. So if Central runs the table again this year and does not get the number one spot then what. Are we going to say scheduling, no one likes FL schools, it's a Cali thing I mean I don't know.

Recent history shows that your argument is, unfortunately, well-made. If Central runs the table once again, Mater Dei ends with one loss on the season, SFA loses a game, SJB loses at least one game, and Central still isn't consensus #1, you know the system is rigged in favor of California. 

15 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

I’m with you when you right but central got a few players from broward as well. 3 from Dillard. 

& yea the majority maybe Miami talent but they’re not Miami central zoned talent lol. Either way them rockets doing their thing so it’s all love & respect.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m with you when you right but central got a few players from broward as well. 3 from Dillard. 

& yea the majority maybe Miami talent but they’re not Miami central zoned talent lol. Either way them rockets doing their thing so it’s all love & respect.

Okay so why did those 3 leave Dillard and everyone has their reasons but you skipped a lot of schools before you reached Central. St. Thomas and American Heritage to name a few.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Okay so why did those 3 leave Dillard and everyone has their reasons but you skipped a lot of schools before you reached Central. St. Thomas and American Heritage to name a few.

I can talk all about them and then some but I was sticking on topic , the statement was outside of the out of country transfers all of Miami central players are Miami home team players which isn’t true. 

if we ran MC roster up and down and lined them up with where those players stay a good 80% of those players are zoned for diff schools but they all found a way to load up at central because of the rockets winning pedigree. Which atp it is what it is , all love to the rockets ion want no smoke. 

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I can talk all about them and then some but I was sticking on topic , the statement was outside of the out of country transfers all of Miami central players are Miami home team players which isn’t true. 

if we ran MC roster up and down and lined them up with where those players stay a good 80% of those players are zoned for diff schools but they all found a way to load up at central because of the rockets winning pedigree. Which atp it is what it is , all love to the rockets ion want no smoke. 

What does Dillard’s defense look like atm? 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

only 2 came frm dillard & thats the 2 lineman. mondo from dade tho so you gotta respect that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Miami central

koc Vangaurd

1 Bishop gorman

2 booker t

3 carol city

4 chaminade

5 nmb

6 west

7 norland

8 GMAC CHAMPIONSHIP 

9 monsignor pace

Im not gon lie, this is a GAUNTLET! every week is a state championship minus week 3 & 9. I love booker t this season & norland is coming different. I actually love norland to put it on lakeland bad. 

57 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Miami central

koc Vangaurd

1 Bishop gorman

2 booker t

3 carol city

4 chaminade

5 nmb

6 west

7 norland

8 GMAC CHAMPIONSHIP 

9 monsignor pace

Im not gon lie, this is a GAUNTLET! every week is a state championship minus week 3 & 9. I love booker t this season & norland is coming different. I actually love norland to put it on lakeland bad. 

This is great! Thank you! Can't wait to see them play Gorman, The West, Norland, and CMD! 

Miami central

koc Vangaurd

1 Bishop gorman

2 booker t

3 carol city

4 chaminade

5 nmb

6 west

7 norland

8 GMAC CHAMPIONSHIP 

9 monsignor pace

U mean 3,5,9 cuz stop it central is about run threw nmb like wet tawlet tissha lol