WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Yeah ok. I’m rooting for Florida no matter what, as should you, so I don’t know how it can be characterized as “talking $h*T” when a California team schedules a South Florida squad.  Haven’t you learned by now? Bet against STA at your own peril…

Lol bro I’m south Florida in the black community talk yo shii is basically saying “speak yo mind” lol 

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Yeah ok. I’m rooting for Florida no matter what, as should you, so I don’t know how it can be characterized as “talking $h*T” when a California team schedules a South Florida squad.  Haven’t you learned by now? Bet against STA at your own peril…

As far as betting against sta , I honestly can give a rats tail who wins that game. But I’ll be lying if I said I wouldn’t enjoy seeing STA lose. 

@VeniceIndianFan you know me & you are cool. & I respect the RESPECT you have for sta after a few years of heartbreak they gave you guys then finally beating them i get it. 

but STA is our (Dillard) rival dating back to the 80s & 90s when sta actually had to go thru Dillard if they wanted to win. So I always wanna see them lose in state or out , same with ely idgaf who it’s against lol.

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

As far as betting against sta , I honestly can give a rats tail who wins that game. But I’ll be lying if I said I wouldn’t enjoy seeing STA lose. 

@VeniceIndianFan you know me & you are cool. & I respect the RESPECT you have for sta after a few years of heartbreak they gave you guys then finally beating them i get it. 

but STA is our (Dillard) rival dating back to the 80s & 90s when sta actually had to go thru Dillard if they wanted to win. So I always wanna see them lose in state or out , same with ely idgaf who it’s against lol.

The name STA makes Venice folk need a diaper change and I’m not exactly a fan of Roger Harriett, but I will always root for them in outta state matchups. I love seeing Florida teams beat OOS comp! 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

lol you must be an older fella. When he said talk yo s%%% he mean he’s right & everything that guys saying is in fact on point. 

4 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

lol you must be an older fella. When he said talk yo s%%% he mean he’s right & everything that guys saying is in fact on point. 

Well, I apologize for being ignorant. Just not used to the lingo, lol. But still very excited to see Miami Central and STA pound SJB and Gorman. Central is going to be on the warpath this year after being left in the cold in the MNC hunt by SJB last season. 

On 8/6/2023 at 7:13 PM, SportsFan said:

Bishop Gorman demolished a chaminade team who beat down credible playoff teams last year. Bishop Gorman beating Central just shows that they could be a potential national championship team, now if Bishop Gorman spanks Central off the field sure but if it's close that's way off the mark there!

BG also lost in the last seconds to Mater Dei.  They are loaded.

18 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

I think the oline is the only thing in question for me. Idk what they have minus a 6’5 4star O tackle. every other positions group is stacked. I would say their most prized positions are their wideouts & db’s. lots of athletes on the field from the miami gardens/opa locka area and that usually translates to a ring.

Seems like a fair description of this Lakeland team, but I'm not aware of many/any of them from the Miami Gardens or Opa Locka area. I know four of the players played for Miami Raw 7v7, but that involved commuting down from Lakeland to my knowledge. It seems like you might be describing Norland, but I asked you to break down Lakeland. So...:unsure:

5 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Well, I apologize for being ignorant. Just not used to the lingo, lol. But still very excited to see Miami Central and STA pound SJB and Gorman. Central is going to be on the warpath this year after being left in the cold in the MNC hunt by SJB last season. 

A common feeling among those watching nationally is that Miami Central is going to get rocked by Bishop Gorman, similar to the way Chaminade was hammered. I hope this is wrong. Perhaps you know something others don't know. What areas of Bishop Gorman's team do you think will be insufficient to handle Central? Are there any areas where Gorman may give Central trouble? If there was a Vegas betting line for this game, BG would likely be a two TD favorite.

2 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

A common feeling among those watching nationally is that Miami Central is going to get rocked by Bishop Gorman, similar to the way Chaminade was hammered. I hope this is wrong. Perhaps you know something others don't know. What areas of Bishop Gorman's team do you think will be insufficient to handle Central? Are there any areas where Gorman may give Central trouble? If there was a Vegas betting line for this game, BG would likely be a two TD favorite.

With everything central got in this year and as much as they’re being hyped as maybe the “BEST FLORIDA TEAM EVER” & one of the best national teams ever they better absolutely hammer BG if they don’t and they lose and especially by the margin prediction that just proves we can get as many transfers and create how ever many super teams we want but when it comes to out west their power houses & coaching staff and their style of ball is just diff. 

4 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

& b4 I get attacked I get it central beat Gorman at Gorman in 2017 but that was also one of Gorman weaker teams central is 0-3 in their last 3 out of state games 

Got lit up by SJB @ SJB in what 2019 or 2020 they got ran off the field at traz by st Francis the very next year , then they lost a heart breaker to bishop Gorman in Naples in 2021 and central was very good that year and Gorman was a level or 2 better then the team central would be facing this season. 

all that said this should be a very good game I pray it’s live streamed. 

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

With everything central got in this year and as much as they’re being hyped as maybe the “BEST FLORIDA TEAM EVER” & one of the best national teams ever they better absolutely hammer BG if they don’t and they lose and especially by the margin prediction that just proves we can get as many transfers and create how ever many super teams we want but when it comes to out west their power houses & coaching staff and their style of ball is just diff. 

Transfers are one thing, talent is something else. There are players who take to Twitter with nice graphics announcing their transfer...and the player isn't any good. Dillard's 2022 team is a good example of this.

It remains to be seen if Miami Central has the talent to match up with BG. Should they eek out a very close win, it will be among their top couple of wins in school history. 

IMO, there's a 50% chance Miami Central will enter the playoffs as a two-loss team. There's a not insignificant chance they will take three losses into the playoffs. There's probably no chance they don't 5-peat as state champs, though.

45 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Some points to consider. I’m sure I have said this before. Miami Central cannot be pleased about being snubbed by SJB for MNC last year so they will bring it. Miami Central is fielding their best team in school history in 2023 bar none. But I’ll get to that in a minute. First of all, the game is week 2, so Central without a week 1 game will have 2 full weeks to prepare for this game. Secondly, Central will have Bishop Gorman coming off of a tough game against Los Alamitos week 1. Now let’s take a look at what Central has: 

They return 4 of their offensive linemen, basically their entire defensive backfield, two defensive linemen from last season on top of the transfer of 5-star defensive end Arnoldo Blount. Transfer King Davis is a very good rb on top of the two California transfers at QB, giving Central a very good QB and RB room to attack Bishop Gorman.

I don’t really know anything about Central’s ‘23 team beyond what the people in south Florida on this board have said. What I do know is that Miami Central is fielding their best team ever bar none. Will it be enough to KO Bishop Gorman, I certainly think so. Time will test my words but I think Central is taking this game. Bet against them at your own peril.  

54 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Agree with you. If Central somehow loses this game it would put a serious dent in Florida’s credibility. 

17 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Some points to consider. I’m sure I have said this before. Miami Central cannot be pleased about being snubbed by SJB for MNC last year so they will bring it. Miami Central is fielding their best team in school history in 2023 bar none. But I’ll get to that in a minute. First of all, the game is week 2, so Central without a week 1 game will have 2 full weeks to prepare for this game. Secondly, Central will have Bishop Gorman coming off of a tough game against Los Alamitos week 1. Now let’s take a look at what Central has: 

They return 4 of their offensive linemen, basically their entire defensive backfield, two defensive linemen from last season on top of the transfer of 5-star defensive end Arnoldo Blount. Transfer King Davis is a very good rb on top of the two California transfers at QB, giving Central a very good QB and RB room to attack Bishop Gorman.

I don’t really know anything about Central’s ‘23 team beyond what the people in south Florida on this board have said. What I do know is that Miami Central is fielding their best team ever bar none. Will it be enough to KO Bishop Gorman, I certainly think so. Time will test my words but I think Central is taking this game. Bet against them at your own peril.  

Oh don’t get me wrong I understand everything central got coming back and EVVVERRRRYYYTHIING they got coming in & I also get BG is gonna be coming off a game vs a solid lA team but there is where I think gormans would have a slight advantage the best reps you can have with a team like central is about to field is LIVE GAME repetitions. It’s only so much you can do in practice vs your teammates. U still got to get out there and knock that rust and nerves off. 

NOW with that said I fully expect Miami central to be ready and prepared , they have no choice to be because if they go out there and get embarrassed not only does central loses a boatload of credibility regardless if they run the table afterwards and repeat but Florida as a state will take a big hit. 

why are we in here acting like central hasnt beaten them people before & only lost by a field goal off the post last time. what are we really talkin about here? venice the only one with some sense. SFA had they best squad EVER & central was not that good 2019. the west & chaminade beat them boys that year. SJB got em but it was 35-12, not no crazy blowout & central travelled. Again we talking about super privates. We in here acting like central got everything to prove when they don’t, it’s just another game & they will dominate. 

Its been proven when a well oiled dade county machine get rolling its no stopping it. 4 straight rings aint for nothin

59 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

why are we in here acting like central hasnt beaten them people before & only lost by a field goal off the post last time. what are we really talkin about here? venice the only one with some sense. SFA had they best squad EVER & central was not that good 2019. the west & chaminade beat them boys that year. SJB got em but it was 35-12, not no crazy blowout & central travelled. Again we talking about super privates. We in here acting like central got everything to prove when they don’t, it’s just another game & they will dominate. 

Its been proven when a well oiled dade county machine get rolling its no stopping it. 4 straight rings aint for nothin

Bro we get it you ALL DADE MR 305 idk yo name but we should remove wade county & rename mr.(yo name ) county lol.