WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

On 8/11/2023 at 6:58 AM, PinellasFB said:

You call it jealousy, I call it fairness.  Is it really in the spirit of HS football and fair play to continually tap into other schools to replenish your talent?  I'm not just criticizing Miami Central here but everyone who does this.  One or two transfers in can make a difference on a team and some of these teams get 20+ transfers in, which is bonkers.   If you put all of the best players on a single team and then win the title, I just don't get how you feel like you accomplished something by beating up the teams that don't do this?  Do you *really* feel good knowing you did it with rent-a-players?

It's kind of a vicious cycle we are in because if you don't do it you will not beat the privates or beat the other teams that are doing it.  I get that part too, I really do, but to call us who are critical of this process as "jealous" or "whiners" is wrong.  

We're headed towards a world with far fewer schools playing football, and just super teams playing each other. 

25 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

You call it jealousy, I call it fairness.  Is it really in the spirit of HS football and fair play to continually tap into other schools to replenish your talent?  I'm not just criticizing Miami Central here but everyone who does this.  One or two transfers in can make a difference on a team and some of these teams get 20+ transfers in, which is bonkers.   If you put all of the best players on a single team and then win the title, I just don't get how you feel like you accomplished something by beating up the teams that don't do this?  Do you *really* feel good knowing you did it with rent-a-players?

It's kind of a vicious cycle we are in because if you don't do it you will not beat the privates or beat the other teams that are doing it.  I get that part too, I really do, but to call us who are critical of this process as "jealous" or "whiners" is wrong.  

I have stated several times before in plain English that because of the open transfer movement, the only way for the rest of the state to compete with the South Florida juggernauts is to load up on transfers themselves. It’s not fair, but the classification Miami Central is currently in includes many other “cheaters” who get as many if not more transfers than Central. This puts almost all of the cheaters in one class, so let them duke it out while the rest of the state has mostly competitive playoff matchups. 

Also, Madison County belongs in 2S while Cocoa should be moved up to 3S. This would go a long way toward balancing out the competition. 

22 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

That doesn't actually serve as "proof". It's just a handful of opinions. (Of course the public school with the strongest recruiting footprint in the densest talent-rich metro area in the country is going to be among the top couple of public programs in the country. 

Opinions? That’s what you call objective reality? A “collection of opinions?” Miami Central goes out and beats Bishop Gorman on their own field, beats STA and IMG on their own fields, was a miraculous blocked kick away from beating Gorman again, has 9 state championships and regularly schedules some of the top competition in the nation, and are about to field their best team ever, and and you think them being a top 5 team nationally is subjective? 

14 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I don't get it. Long Beach Poly, Southlake Carroll and Lakeland were all winning at one point but nobody or maybe I'm wrong was saying anything.

Now you have Miami Central and it seems everyone is up in arms about them winning. By the way all of these are public schools not private schools.

If your reference is to recruiting when Lakeland was winning, you are dead wrong that nobody was saying anything (no comment on the OSS).   People were complaining to the point it came to a head in 2011 and they were fined $60K for 6 players they deemed in violation.   It was wrong then and it is wrong now although rule changes have made accusations more difficult to prosecute.  If players want to play for any school, transferring is legal but recruiting is still illegal and yes some of these transfers whether to Central or other publics getting them in both quality and quantity year after year can't simply be explained away they are ALL just wanting to play there.  Just wanted to clarify that Central is not being singled out because it is "WINNING' now.  Yes, many others are guilty too.  

2 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

AMEN BROTHER!

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

We're heaeded towards a world with far fewer schools playing football, and just super teams playing each other. 

Not just football, you have juggernauts throughout the state in other less followed sports that have that same scripp.

19 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Bro once again, Lyghtz literally was out for 8 weeks after sjb. How were they the favorite without the starting qb? You definitely just talking. 

& Super public ? bro they in the middle of robin hood & coaches get a 900 dollar stipend. stop it. A power public yeah ofcourse but that aint just happen over night. Stop holding yo nuts cent been winning.

Regardless fam this aint 2021. and central still has kids from that game too so they aint forget that. 

Smh bra I see right now when it come to defending dade you’re never objective & you only comprehend what you want to comprehend. 

you poke ya lips out because I said central is a SUPER PUBLIC, & you respond by saying that the school is located in the middle of “ROBIN HOOD” 

wtf does the school location has to do with anything , the school is in a black area and 100% of their recruits and transfers are BLACK. So I don’t see where you were trying to go with that but i digress. 

then you turn around and say “POWER PUBLIC OF COURSE” so you literally just made my point. You tried to say oh SFA , SJB were POWER PRIVATES , quickly forgetting central is a power public, YES Central has been winning lately but let’s be clear MIAMI CENTRAL didn’t become the Miami central they’re NOW! Until they started recruiting & getting mad transfers which is why they didn’t win their FIRST championship until 2010.

15 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

It’s clear he dont rock with the rockets fam. You cant even explain nothing to em, man said they were loaded 2019… They won state but thats cause they was in 6A that year by they self and didnt have to see the west in the playoffs. Being 0-3 against SFA SJB & BG IS NOT A BAD THING. Cant one school in florida besides img can say they even sniffed them opponents. 

Na you can’t explain nothing to YOU when it comes to dade especially coming from somebody outside of dade ,ESPECIALLY broward, if it’s not siding with y’all 100% you dade mfs don’t wanna hear it. 

& My g i ain’t got rock with central, i RESPECT the hell out of em, I LOVE how the coaching staff set the kids up for success in life beyond high school. But I don’t have to ignore the facts and get on my knees & worship them because they’re Miami central , To Hell With All That lol I said what I said. 

15 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Its clear he dont rock with the rockets fam. You cant even explain nothing to em, man said they were loaded 2019… They won state but thats cause they was in 6A that year by they self and didnt have to see the west in the playoffs. Being 0-3 against SFA SJB & BG IS NOT A BAD THING. Cant one school in florida besides img can say they even sniffed them opponents. 

Bro at this point you’re talking in MAD CIRCLES the very thing you’ve been trying to argue against this WHOLE time you’re now trying to use it as your crutch LMAO LOL 

you’re saying been 0-3 vs BG, SFA & SJB isn’t a bad thing and the only OPP that could sniff those OPP is iMG, bra whoever said it was a bad thing ? literally NOBODY!!! 

just in case you FORGOT me & a HOST of other users on here PICKED Miami central to BEAT bishop Gorman in a few weeks , just in case you ignore my predictions like you do my objective comments I picked Miami central to WIN that game in a ROUTE. But yet I’m against & trying to downplay Miami central lol. 

16 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Its clear he dont rock with the rockets fam. You cant even explain nothing to em, man said they were loaded 2019… They won state but thats cause they was in 6A that year by they self and didnt have to see the west in the playoffs. Being 0-3 against SFA SJB & BG IS NOT A BAD THING. Cant one school in florida besides img can say they even sniffed them opponents. 

All I said was with central being 0-3 in their last out of state games (Regardless of How & Why) it wouldn’t be a good look for them to be as loaded as they’re to lose this upcoming bishop Gorman game regardless of how talented BG is. 

& if you ask me that’s a fair assessment. Nobody (atleast not on this board) said they were gonna lose , but we CAN talk about the hypotheticals this is what a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD is All about. Especially in the dry weeks with kickoffs being over a week away. 

Yes This is most likely Miami centrals best team ever, yes they’re stupid loaded & talented, they got the rings they got the respect nationally and locally , but with all that said we can sit here and blow smoke up central ass and say no matter who they play that other team will have NO SHOT, but that would be ignorance because that’s why you play the game. 

so if I’m wrong for discussing possible hypotheticals for a football between two great teams then shit I guess sue me lol. 

9 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Opinions? That’s what you call objective reality? A “collection of opinions?” Miami Central goes out and beats Bishop Gorman on their own field, beats STA and IMG on their own fields, was a miraculous blocked kick away from beating Gorman again, has 9 state championships and regularly schedules some of the top competition in the nation, and are about to field their best team ever, and and you think them being a top 5 team nationally is subjective? 

Stating that they've won x number of championships would be objective. Stating that they are better than all but no more than four teams in the country is purely subjective. It's an opinion. There's no objective way to place them ahead of teams like STA, Duncanville, SFA, etc. Doing so is entirely a matter of opinion, for which no supporting evidence exists.

7 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Not just football, you have juggernauts throughout the state in other less followed sports that have that same scripp.

Sure, but the key difference is there are legitimate and widepsread concerns about the safety of playing football, particularly as a teenager. If a kid or his parents on a mediocre/poor team recognize that he'll not be able to play football at the college level or beyond, and he's not able or willing to transfer to a power program, he may decide to give up the game. The players who may have a future in the game will congregate on a relatively small number of programs, and many of the rest will give the game up. This leaves many programs without enough players to field a team.

15 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Sure, but the key difference is there are legitimate and widepsread concerns about the safety of playing football, particularly as a teenager. If a kid or his parents on a mediocre/poor team recognize that he'll not be able to play football at the college level or beyond, and he's not able or willing to transfer to a power program, he may decide to give up the game. The players who may have a future in the game will congregate on a relatively small number of programs, and many of the rest will give the game up. This leaves many programs without enough players to field a team.

The thing feeds on itself, though. A kid may be quite willing to continue playing football if he plays on a team that has a shot at going .500 or slightly better with an outside chance of making the playoffs. However, if the team is depleted due the two schools that are within 10 miles  of it getting 3-5 of their better players to "come on over", then he, looking at a 2-8 season or worse, may decide (as will many of his remaining teammates) to give up football and possibly devote his attention to less "demanding" extra curricular activities.  This in turn leads to an 0-10 season and, ultimately, perhaps, the death of the school's football program.

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The thing feeds on itself, though. A kid may be quite willing to continue playing football if he plays on a team that has a shot at going .500 or slightly better with an outside chance of making the playoffs. However, if the team is depleted due the two schools that are within 10 miles  of it getting 3-5 of their better players to "come on over", then he, looking at a 2-8 season or worse, may decide (as will many of his remaining teammates) to give up football and possibly devote his attention to less "demanding" extra curricular activities.  This in turn leads to an 0-10 season and, ultimately, perhaps, the death of the school's football program.

Exactly.

48 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Stating that they've won x number of championships would be objective. Stating that they are better than all but no more than four teams in the country is purely subjective. It's an opinion. There's no objective way to place them ahead of teams like STA, Duncanville, SFA, etc. Doing so is entirely a matter of opinion, for which no supporting evidence exists.

No objective evidence that Miami Central is better than these teams? How about the fact that they play Gorman week 2 and CMD week 5 with the national championship on the line?  How about the fact that after they were top 4 nationally last year, are returning most of that team on top of numerous high-profile transfers? Or that if they go undefeated they will probably unseat Mater Dei for national champions? Are any of those subjective? 

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

No objective evidence that Miami Central is better than these teams? How about the fact that they play Gorman week 2 and CMD week 5 with the national championship on the line?  How about the fact that after they were top 4 nationally last year, are returning most of that team on top of numerous high-profile transfers? Or that if they go undefeated they will probably unseat Mater Dei for national champions? Are any of those subjective? 

If Miami central goes out and beat bishop Gorman & chaminade this season so I think that alone should make them #1 in the nation ? In my opinion no.

because outside of chaminade and Gorman Miami centrals schedule is pure horse shit. The competition they’re gonna see in the playoffs is pure horse shit. Sure norland or MNw can make them sweat for a quarter or 2 but central and they’re 30+ transfers are on course to win every game by double digits which would be ridiculous.

if you ask me SFA, mater dei SJB just to name 3 all play way tougher schedules then Miami central. Do I believe Miami central is top 5 nationally ? Yea I do, but let’s let’s get off Miami central and let the season play out & let’s talk about some of these other predictions give some of these other schools some love. 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If Miami central goes out and beat bishop Gorman & chaminade this season so I think that alone should make them #1 in the nation ? In my opinion no.

because outside of chaminade and Gorman Miami centrals schedule is pure horse shit. The competition they’re gonna see in the playoffs is pure horse shit. Sure norland or MNw can make them sweat for a quarter or 2 but central and they’re 30+ transfers are on course to win every game by double digits which would be ridiculous.

if you ask me SFA, mater dei SJB just to name 3 all play way tougher schedules then Miami central. Do I believe Miami central is top 5 nationally ? Yea I do, but let’s let’s get off Miami central and let the season play out & let’s talk about some of these other predictions give some of these other schools some love. 

Yeah for sure, I feel like I talk about MC more than Venice lol. Everything has to sort itself out but I’m confident that the national championship will rest somewhere in Florida at the end of the 2023 season! 

9 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Yeah for sure, I feel like I talk about MC more than Venice lol. Everything has to sort itself out but I’m confident that the national championship will rest somewhere in Florida at the end of the 2023 season! 

If you had it your way 

what would your 1-4 M&S state champions look like ? , & what made you choose those teams.

12 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If you had it your way 

what would your 1-4 M&S state champions look like ? , & what made you choose those teams.

1S- First Baptist should win again though I think Pahokee is trending back in the right direction to challenge them again. Could be interesting. 

1R- Madison County terrorizes the smaller schools.  

2S- Cocoa steamrolls until proven otherwise. FSU High will not be what they were last year and Bradford is still a little unproven.

3S- I think Mainland is the most overall talented team in this class and should win it this year.

4S- Venice is more than talented enough to unseat Castle-less Lakeland. 

1M- Chaminade will have no competition  until they run into TCA, but I still like Chaminade here.

2M- Miami Central will have competition from Norland and BTW but they should win it all.

3M- STA. Do I even need to provide an explanation here?

4M- I should say Columbus but I think Apopka will have an overall better team, it will take everything Apopka has but I think they finally unseat the Explorers.

6 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

1S- First Baptist should win again though I think Pahokee is trending back in the right direction to challenge them again. Could be interesting. 

1R- Madison County terrorizes the smaller schools.  

2S- Cocoa steamrolls until proven otherwise. FSU High will not be what they were last year and Bradford is still a little unproven.

3S- I think Mainland is the most overall talented team in this class and should win it this year.

4S- Venice is more than talented enough to unseat Castle-less Lakeland. 

1M- Chaminade will have no competition  until they run into TCA, but I still like Chaminade here.

2M- Miami Central will have competition from Norland and BTW but they should win it all.

3M- STA. Do I even need to provide an explanation here?

4M- I should say Columbus but I think Apopka will have an overall better team, it will take everything Apopka has but I think they finally unseat the Explorers.

Noooo you miss understood me lol I know your predictions for this year. 

im asking if you could hand pick your state champs , the teams you would love to finally see win it all for 1-4 suburban and metro who would they be and why 

27 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Noooo you miss understood me lol I know your predictions for this year. 

im asking if you could hand pick your state champs , the teams you would love to finally see win it all for 1-4 suburban and metro who would they be and why 

I would to see Edgewater or Jones take down Aquinas, but it probably won't happen. The water has been to the finals 5 times, came close 3 of the five times, but is yet to win a title.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I would to see Edgewater or Jones take down Aquinas, but it probably won't happen. The water has been to the finals 5 times, came close 3 of the five times, but is yet to win a title.

Anyone please KO STA, so tired of seeing them win every season. 

On 8/10/2023 at 9:52 PM, FBGUY1989 said:

I don't get it. Long Beach Poly, Southlake Carroll and Lakeland were all winning at one point but nobody or maybe I'm wrong was saying anything.

Now you have Miami Central and it seems everyone is up in arms about them winning. By the way all of these are public schools not private schools.

I can't speak on LBP or Carroll.  Lakeland got talked about a lot and anyone around during that winning period has heard (or uttered) some of the things below:

• Lakeland has an easy schedule
  • Lakeland is in a small 3-team district.
  • Lakeland is in a weak district.
  • Lakeland should play more S. Florida schools.
  • Lakeland should play more Dade schools.
  • Lakeland is the beneficiary of homecooking.
  • Lakeland is recruiting all of Polk County
  • Lakeland is overrated.

It comes with the territory.  When you're on top, people can't wait for you to fall down because they can't stand looking up. 

12 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Games that they will play in the future can not be used towards a current rating (unless you possess the ability to glimpse the future and know MC will win those games). Hypotheticals have no actual meaning in the world of objectivity. 

Being top 4 nationally is, as I stated, completely subjective. It is a fact that the ratings lists rated them as such, but those ratings are, themselves, pure subjective opinion. There is no objective basis to rate 2022 Miami Central over 2022 STA, Duncanville or even- Trigger Warning- 2022 Lakeland. Same could be said for several other teams.

There is no such thing as high school football "national champion". There is no championship. There is no national postseason where teams from the 50 states are able to face other top teams from other states. So, any ratings list that names a "national champion" is purely subjective.  

Certainly, people are entitled to their opinions. They can offer the facts and other reasons why they hold the opinion they do. And, perhaps many other people-up to a consensus!- will agree with that opinion. But, those are still, ultimately, opinions. It is subjectivity.