Can we start the season already!?

Nulli Secundus

Agreed. Still hate the classifications. 

I've had the same old song for years but I think it's the best way. 5 or 6 large classes. Minimum 7 per district (smaller classes you could have geographic exceptions). Top 2 make playoffs. I do like re-seeding after the first round based on points system, so not just a straight bracket.

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

Nulli as a Lakeland grad why are you in such a hurry to start the 2023 season? P-cock and crew has already said the 4S trophy is theirs.

You and the Naughts might as well start preparing for 2024. :ph34r:

As we all know, the trophy has to be earned (for now).  If the fhsaa adds any more classes next year, it's over.  Staying on topic, talking about what's yours and taking what is yours are two different things.  We heard that STA were the Indians Achilles heel in the playoffs.  That obstacle no longer exists, soooooo...... :D.  That's for you @VeniceIndianFan!  Come get it!!!

31 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Is the weather app deceiving me, or has it really not been raining in Central Florida this summer? I'm always afraid of the lightning delays and cancellations, but it seems like that may not be a big concern for Friday!?!

Give it time.  The rain/lightning will show up in time to screw up Friday nights.

1 minute ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Give it time.  The rain/lightning will show up in time to screw up Friday nights.

Schedule a game at Poinciana, I guarantee in the first 5 weeks it will rain. I have always said our field was built on sacred ground and we are paying for it every week!

3 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Maybe this is the year Poinciana can claim

969c24e1-7d21-4993-9a2a-bfaddd4673eb_tex

We are a heavy passing team, even though we have a great running back, and rain does hurt us. I have always stated being a weatherman must be the best job in the world, you get paid 6 figures and dont have to be right about anything!

39 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

True Nulli

It will be scorching hot Monday-Thursday the next 3 weeks, but come Friday you can bet the farm on rain, thunder, lightning. :(

Exactly!  Gulf and Atlantic systems converge over Central Florida like clockwork.  I'd be worried if it didn't happen.  Nothing more spectacular and frustrating than standing in the pressbox watching lightning over Lake Parker, lol.

2 hours ago, Beek said:

We are a heavy passing team, even though we have a great running back, and rain does hurt us. I have always stated being a weatherman must be the best job in the world, you get paid 6 figures and dont have to be right about anything!

That and being a stock analyst. But those get 7 or 8 figure jobs.

26 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Sounds like Poinciana should build a dome stadium. UCF and USF can play a neutral site game there 

Please talk talk to the district and my ad. We have spent north of 800k to fix our field. while its great.it isnt turf, because another 25k would have been too much. 'talk to the people who control county funds. St Cloud gets a turf field because theirs is in a "swamp"  WTF was ours in! Ill tell you... A swamp!  we are the underappreciated underdog that gets nothing. We are used to that... Just saying...off the soapbox now..

14 hours ago, 181pl said:

Agreed. Still hate the classifications. 

I've had the same old song for years but I think it's the best way. 5 or 6 large classes. Minimum 7 per district (smaller classes you could have geographic exceptions). Top 2 make playoffs. I do like re-seeding after the first round based on points system, so not just a straight bracket.

Don’t stop singing the good song when you know that it’s right. We need a sensible transfer rule, fewer classifications, larger districts, and no Madison County-esque loopholes to crush smaller schools. Unfortunately, there still remains the small problem of convincing the FHSAA to listen to these demands before implementing them… 

11 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Don’t stop singing the good song when you know that it’s right. We need a sensible transfer rule, fewer classifications, larger districts, and no Madison County-esque loopholes to crush smaller schools. Unfortunately, there still remains the small problem of convincing the FHSAA to listen to these demands before implementing them… 

Who knows!  Maybe the recent changes in FHSAA oversight will lead to a more fruitful outcome.

laughing-42.gif