Random fact

nolebull813

I came across this and thought this was cool and random. Back in 1981  Palatka won the state title. They had to play 4 post season games. In the 4 games they played, the margin of victory got bigger each game. Usually it’s the opposite in most cases. These are the margins. 

1st round vs Robert R Lee (7 points)

2nd round vs Leon (9 points)

Semis vs Buchholz (35 points)

Finals vs Suncoast (40 points)

5 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I came across this and thought this was cool and random. Back in 1981  Palatka won the state title. They had to play 4 post season games. In the 4 games they played, the margin of victory got bigger each game. Usually it’s the opposite in most cases. These are the margins. 

Was that the "Give 'em Hell John L" year at Palatka or UF ?  Help out this old brother. . .

5 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

It is amazing that back then you were to make and win a state title without playing against one Dade or Broward county team.

How the balance of power has shifted!

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It is amazing that back then you were to make and win a state title without playing against one Dade or Broward county team.

How the balance of power has shifted!

Maybe all of those teams were in a different classification?  I remember south FL teams being good for as long as I have followed FL HS football, which is mid 80s.

23 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Maybe all of those teams were in a different classification?  I remember south FL teams being good for as long as I have followed FL HS football, which is mid 80s.

Young man, checkout the record book. Things weren't always as they are now, enjoy

https://fhsaa.com/documents/2023/9/20//Football_2022_2023.pdf?id=4475

53 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Young man, checkout the record book. Things weren't always as they are now, enjoy

Wow it's crazy to see some of the downtrodden teams of today listed in that record book.  Dunedin HS was a state finalist two years in a row in 86 and 87!

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

Wow it's crazy to see some of the downtrodden teams of today listed in that record book.  Dunedin HS was a state finalist two years in a row in 86 and 87!

No Pinellas County team has ever won a state championship in football. That 1986 Dunedin team is the closest to do it. Besides those 2 Dunedin teams these are the only county teams to make it 

Shroecrest in 75 and 76

Dixie Hollins lost 24-0 in 1995

Admiral Farragut 69-0 in 2011

CCC 48-14 last year 

16 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

No Pinellas County team has ever won a state championship in football. That 1986 Dunedin team is the closest to do it. Besides those 2 Dunedin teams these are the only county teams to make it 

Shroecrest in 75 and 76

CCC 48-14 last year 

Hasn't CCC made the title game twice? 

36 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Shroecrest in 75 and 76

CCC 48-14 last year 

(Dixie) Hollins could be one of the worst teams in the state this year.  Looks very odd to see them on that list.

9 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Dan, when you call someone a "young man" you probably should narrow it down a little bit. Didn't you play against the 1935 teams that Longtime Observer mentioned in another thread? 

11 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Dan, when you call someone a "young man" you probably should narrow it down a little bit. Didn't you play against the 1935 teams that Longtime Observer mentioned in another thread? 

Careful Jambun, I see a potential hazard in your future, inflicted by a left-right combo.

20 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

The 80's were not great for Dade, lol.

Yeah and they didn’t cry and complain that things were unfair. And Dade always had more population than the North Florida cities. The South Florida teams took their lumps and got better. Then as soon as they start to rise to prominence all of a sudden it’s not fair. Was it fair in the 80’s when the panhandle dominated? How come there was no split then? It’s messed up. Back in the day 9-1 teams would miss the playoffs. Now 1-9 will get you the number 1 seed and home field advantage throughout :lol:

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah and they didn’t cry and complain that things were unfair. And Dade always had more population than the North Florida cities. The South Florida teams took their lumps and got better. Then as soon as they start to rise to prominence all of a sudden it’s not fair. Was it fair in the 80’s when the panhandle dominated? How come there was no split then? It’s messed up. Back in the day 9-1 teams would miss the playoffs. Now 1-9 will get you the number 1 seed and home field advantage throughout :lol:

Don't remind me.  I'm one of those Dreadnaughts that did not go to the playoffs in '91 & '92 :lol:.